CAPE LIBERTY 411 (and NYC too) Version 4!!

megr1125

Thanks Carol. I'm flying in Sept 22, solo senior lady, price below $200 for room and port transfer . Clean, quiet, and no hassle transfer. Room with a microwave and coffee pot would be good, I need gluten free so I'd bring my own food. Haven't decided on flights, will want to land by 6pm.

I'm also a senior solo cruiser.

I'd look at Embassy Suites in Elizabeth for 9/22. They have a good senior/AARP rate for that date plus a microwave, refrigerator, and coffeemaker. You can buy a $20 port transfer from them for the following morning.

I'm also a senior solo cruiser.

I'd look at Embassy Suites in Elizabeth for 9/22. They have a good senior/AARP rate for that date plus a microwave, refrigerator, and coffeemaker. You can buy a $20 port transfer from them for the following morning.

Thanks I'll look at it. I have some Hilton honors points.

See you just did Alaska, was it b2b or cruise tour? In 2015 I did the cruise tour before southbound radiance. Finally got to Denali, awesome.

Thanks I'll look at it. I have some Hilton honors points.

See you just did Alaska, was it b2b or cruise tour? In 2015 I did the cruise tour before southbound radiance. Finally got to Denali, awesome.

I did a B2B from Vancouver. Did not get to Denali on this trip. DD and DGD's live in Portland, so I will have opportunities to go again.

Booked the embassy for $183 total with tax. Having breakfast included and their pantry plus micro and fridge are pluses. Will email them about port transfer , no info online and no one is answering at front desk. Is the transfer definitely available??

Says there is a mall nearby, walkable?

Been to Vancouver, Portland and Seattle areas several times, love it out there. Cruise tour had good and bad parts , price usually very high. I jumped on an RCI computer pricing glitch one weekend when it didn't double price for a solo😀 . For 2 or more folks it would be better to do your own tour.

Booked the embassy for $183 total with tax. Having breakfast included and their pantry plus micro and fridge are pluses. Will email them about port transfer , no info online and no one is answering at front desk. Is the transfer definitely available??

Says there is a mall nearby, walkable?

Been to Vancouver, Portland and Seattle areas several times, love it out there. Cruise tour had good and bad parts , price usually very high. I jumped on an RCI computer pricing glitch one weekend when it didn't double price for a solo😀 . For 2 or more folks it would be better to do your own tour.

We're at the ES in August. I had an e mail 'conversation' with the manager about 6 months ago and he said you don't have to pre book the shuttle, just tell them on the front desk when you check in that you want to be on it! The Jersey Gradens Mall is a 5 minute walk away across the car park (have a look on Google Earth...its immediately east of the ES).

Simon

We're at the ES in August. I had an e mail 'conversation' with the manager about 6 months ago and he said you don't have to pre book the shuttle, just tell them on the front desk when you check in that you want to be on it! The Jersey Gradens Mall is a 5 minute walk away across the car park (have a look on Google Earth...its immediately east of the ES).

Thanks Simon for info. I am now working on flights. Non stops home after cruise on Southwest (lowest price) are limited, only 3:45 PM is possible so I think I'll do the ship excursion NYC tour with airport drop off, better than sitting around terminal. With mall available I'm going to try and fly in by 1pm, drop bags if room not ready. Next project is Bermuda plans.

In one of the threads, there was a mention of a shuttle (one way only) from Bayonne to Newark Int'l. For those that have used the service, where do you pick it up and approximate cost. Thanks.

In one of the threads, there was a mention of a shuttle (one way only) from Bayonne to Newark Int'l. For those that have used the service, where do you pick it up and approximate cost. Thanks.

I've read on here there is shared shuttle area outside of cruise terminal for $20 per person. Just walk out and get on, folks said it was easy and efficient.

When you come out of customs, look for the taxi dispatcher folks. They will arrange to put you in a shared shuttle to EWR for $20/pp.

Does anyone know what time the RCI post cruise shore excursion tour of NYC drops off at Newark Airport? The notes say your flight needs to depart later than 3:30PM (mine is SW at 3:45PM), so I am guessing they drop off at 1PM or so. It's a 4 hour tour, so I assume the tour gets priority getting off ship, say 8:30. Thanks

Hey all,

Here we go again!!

Since the previous thread was soooo long, I am starting anew!

Feel free to ask your Cape Liberty and even NYC questions here!

Now that we have Quantum, and soon Liberty and then Anthem, not to mention Summit for a while, and a couple stops by Serenade, things should remain busy!!

My roomate and I fly into Newark airport at 6 A.M. on the day of the cruise and need a restaurant somewhere between the airport and Port Liberty to have breakfast and kill some time before we can board. Any suggestions? We'll have our bags, of course, so that ties us down a bit. I appreciate your suggestions/help!!

Thank you

Judi from Tucson(Maui, Hi)

My roomate and I fly into Newark airport at 6 A.M. on the day of the cruise and need a restaurant somewhere between the airport and Port Liberty to have breakfast and kill some time before we can board. Any suggestions? We'll have our bags, of course, so that ties us down a bit ...Thank you. Judi from Tucson(Maui, Hi)

Within EWR, there's the Airport Marriott - free 24/7 shuttle from all 3 terminals ... has a full-service restaurant on-site serving breakfast, starting at 6 AM (also do an excellent weekend brunch) - should be able to keep the luggage with you or leave it with the bell hop.

Crown Plaza at Newark Airport, also has 24/7 shuttle - on Rt. 1/9 at Spring Street - has a full service cold & hot breakfast buffet, 6 AM to 11 AM.

From either places, easy to do an Uber or car service pickup or ride over to Cape Liberty, or shuttle back to connect with AirTrain to NJ Transit if you wish to be frugal ... i will let the CL transport experts like 138east/Carol to help you out on those. Mahalo :cool:

I'm traveling with my mom and would like to figure out the fastest way to get her into transportation at the end of the cruise, with the least amount of standing and walking. Would prefer a taxi, but could do Uber, my black car service from NYC, or I could drive. Convenience for my mom the most important thing. Would appreciate your advice, and it would be helpful to also know how much walking is involved off the Summit (ship through customs, to pickup areas).

And a word about using Uber in NYC. This past Saturday morning, moderate rain, trip by taxi cab from NYC to JFK airport was $65, flat fare plus toll and tip. By Uber same trip was $300, due to surge pricing (high demand, low supply). Thanks

Edited by JFontaine

Thinking of arranging a car service (either Allstate or Dial7) to pick up at the cruiseport and drive us to our post-cruise hotel in Manhattan.

Because we don't know exactly what time we will be getting off, what is the best option for arranging pickup time? Also, is it straight forward where to look for the driver once leaving the cruise port exit?

Thinking of arranging a car service (either Allstate or Dial7) to pick up at the cruiseport and drive us to our post-cruise hotel in Manhattan.

Because we don't know exactly what time we will be getting off, what is the best option for arranging pickup time? Also, is it straight forward where to look for the driver once leaving the cruise port exit?

What exact date do you disembark? Where exactly are you going in Manhattan? Do you have a cell phone?

Disembarking Thursday July 6th, going to the Doubletree in Times Square. Yes we will have a cell phone.

Anthem typically disembarks very early. However on a Thur morning I wouldn't be rushing to try to go to Times Square by car. I'd be looking at a 9-9:30 pickup which means getting off the ship 8-8:30 to allow for customs and immigration lines. You should be able to contact the car service by cell phone. They will be waiting offsite until you are actually in the pickup area with all your luggage.

Carol (138east) I sent you an email. Just wanted to say you have a lot of great info on here and I wanted to get clarification on something so I emailed you. I remember you were on the Navigator in 2013 in the Med. I remember your CC name.

Carol (138east) I sent you an email. Just wanted to say you have a lot of great info on here and I wanted to get clarification on something so I emailed you. I remember you were on the Navigator in 2013 in the Med. I remember your CC name.

Hi Debbie! You have mail.

Hi, I'm Marty and have just discovered this thread! It looks like some great hints and info! My husband and I are driving from Alabama to leave on a cruise out of Cape Liberty via Celebrity Summit on September 10 (14 day Canada/NE). We are unsure whether to stay/park at a hotel or to book a Hilton chain hotel for free, using our Hilton Honors rewards, and pay to park at the pier. Any advice will be appreciated.

Hi, I'm Marty and have just discovered this thread! It looks like some great hints and info! My husband and I are driving from Alabama to leave on a cruise out of Cape Liberty via Celebrity Summit on September 10 (14 day Canada/NE). We are unsure whether to stay/park at a hotel or to book a Hilton chain hotel for free, using our Hilton Honors rewards, and pay to park at the pier. Any advice will be appreciated.

The best park/sleep deal is through trinityreservations.com - $209 tax included for hotel room at the Ramada Plaza, up to 21 days parking, and round trip port transportation. Parking at the port would be $280 and even with a free room on points at a Hilton, you might still have to pay about $15 for hotel parking (check on that). There would also be a $3+ NJ Turnpike toll.

I have used the trinity package and was very happy with it. Newark Airport is a highly urban industrialized environment and not a vacation destination - save your Hilton points for a better destination.

The Ramada has a restaurant/bar and an extensive cafe. For additional dining options you can drive to the Jersey Gardens Mall at exit 13A for a Ruby Tuesdays, IHOP, Applebees, Johnny Rockets, and a mall food court. Wine is difficult to buy in this area, so bring your own for the ship if Celebrity permits this.

The parking at Cape Liberty is safe. Since you can use points for free accommodations I think the convenience of being able to hop in your car and start back on your journey home without the hassle of waiting for the transfer is worth it. Same with day of arrival. You can get to the pier as early or late as you want. I like to be in control, jmo

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm traveling with my mom and would like to figure out the fastest way to get her into transportation at the end of the cruise, with the least amount of standing and walking. Would prefer a taxi, but could do Uber, my black car service from NYC, or I could drive. Convenience for my mom the most important thing. Would appreciate your advice, and it would be helpful to also know how much walking is involved off the Summit (ship through customs, to pickup areas).

And a word about using Uber in NYC. This past Saturday morning, moderate rain, trip by taxi cab from NYC to JFK airport was $65, flat fare plus toll and tip. By Uber same trip was $300, due to surge pricing (high demand, low supply). Thanks

Sorry - just saw this. If your mother has mobility issues, I would strongly recommend that you arrange a wheelchair assist disembarkation. It might take longer, but it will eliminate any of your concerns about how much walking is involved to get off the ship and how much standing you might have to do for customs and immigration. You should also do this for embarkation.

When I cruised with my mobility impaired mother, we always drove to Cape Liberty and parked. It would have been very difficult to coordinate a wheelchair assist disembarkation with with a car service connection. If you're on a 7 day cruise, parking would be $140.

The best park/sleep deal is through trinityreservations.com - $209 tax included for hotel room at the Ramada Plaza, up to 21 days parking, and round trip port transportation. Parking at the port would be $280 and even with a free room on points at a Hilton, you might still have to pay about $15 for hotel parking (check on that). There would also be a $3+ NJ Turnpike toll.

I have used the trinity package and was very happy with it. Newark Airport is a highly urban industrialized environment and not a vacation destination - save your Hilton points for a better destination.

The Ramada has a restaurant/bar and an extensive cafe. For additional dining options you can drive to the Jersey Gardens Mall at exit 13A for a Ruby Tuesdays, IHOP, Applebees, Johnny Rockets, and a mall food court. Wine is difficult to buy in this area, so bring your own for the ship if Celebrity permits this.

THANK YOU! This saves me so much in time and effort!

The parking at Cape Liberty is safe. Since you can use points for free accommodations I think the convenience of being able to hop in your car and start back on your journey home without the hassle of waiting for the transfer is worth it. Same with day of arrival. You can get to the pier as early or late as you want. I like to be in control, jmo

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for your prompt reply! We've discussed the convenience of port parking since We'll be starting our drive home after the cruise. We'll look at the pros and cons of the hotel area and decide. Thanks again.