re meat pies

2 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

They may have been inspired by the clam chowder at Fisher en’s Wharf.

But, really, no.

Chowder in a bread bowl is lovely and you get to eat the bowl😎

What happened to that poor pie was just wrong.

Edited by Blackduck59

2 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Gut, I spotted this pie maker hash brown recipe and thought you might like to try it.

https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/pie-maker-hash-browns-recipe/owt9fht8?r=recipes/piemakerrecipes&c=ca2j8u1x/Pie maker recipes

Thank you I plan on trying hash browns in it at some time, I think a potato pie is next, maybe with Mushy peas under the potato

5 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Chowder in a bread bowl is lovely and you get to eat the bowl😎

What happened to that poor pie was just wrong.

There used to be a few places around that served stuff in a bowl made of potato and deep fried, I guess a bowl shaped chip, haven’t seen that in a while.

1 minute ago, GUT2407 said:

There used to be a few places around that served stuff in a bowl made of potato and deep fried, I guess a bowl shaped chip, haven’t seen that in a while.

I have never seen that, sounds interesting. The whole bread bowl thing seems to have faded away around here. I guess the little loaves where a pain to make in house or order in from a bakery.

1 hour ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

From this mornings NZ Herald...how an office worker eats her pie.

0952B121-A747-4722-8589-6930969F36A1.thumb.jpeg.d69bac1706a185331372dbbc38ef6a82.jpeg

OMG   i thought i would never see this again....  a long time ago  ( we will say 50 years )

A friend of the family  would do the same thing....  I thought is was the weirdest thing..

The only difference she would use a teaspoon... but first she would cut the top off then add sauce and then eat the contents

well ...... what can one say.... Don

A few years ago there was an outlet at local food court that made ramen burgers. The "bun" was two discs of noodles that were fried so they were crispy on the outside but still soft in the middle. They were delicious but very messy to eat. They also had matcha chips (sprinkled with green tea powder) with a light curry sauce. Weird but very yummy.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

OMG   i thought i would never see this again....  a long time ago  ( we will say 50 years )

A friend of the family  would do the same thing....  I thought is was the weirdest thing..

The only difference she would use a teaspoon... but first she would cut the top off then add sauce and then eat the contents

Sacrilege, you cannot do that to the humble pie, cruel too, eating the innards out of a dogs eye. 

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, NSWP said:

Probably on a diet.

Also remember that diet is die with a T

But it is like having beef wellington and only eating the beef....lol

Actually we are having Beef wellington tonight.....

Don style... eye fillet, with pate, onions and garlic wrapped in filo pastry

with a bottle of shiraz.....

Cheers Don 

4 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

Also remember that diet is die with a T

But it is like having beef wellington and only eating the beef....lol

Actually we are having Beef wellington tonight.....

Don style... eye fillet, with pate, onions and garlic wrapped in filo pastry

with a bottle of shiraz.....

Cheers Don 

Don leave the garlic out old son I don't like it.  It appears you are a decent culinary expert, beef wellington is not easy to make.

Edited by NSWP

11 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Don leave the garlic out old son I don't like it.  It appears you are a decent culinary expert, beef wellington is not easy to make.

Well Les ...I started cooking regularly about 25 years... when i met the better half....

And now being retired have i more time and there is not the rush.... so it has become enjoyable..

But doing all the cooking and  driving... this it why enjoy cruising.... lol

Time to go and do a bit prep... for dinner   ( chopping things up )     Don 

36 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

Well Les ...I started cooking regularly about 25 years... when i met the better half....

And now being retired have i more time and there is not the rush.... so it has become enjoyable..

36 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

Bit like me been learning cooking for a while, when I was in CMF Provosts, 67 to 72 I somehow also got nailed as Company cook, got sent on a one week army catering course, throw a few cans in the big pot sort of cookery, on weekend and annual camps etc.lol. I had a friend who owned a restaurant Scarfes at Sutherland many years ago, helped him out with prep etc, learnt a bit. So I have no fears with operating the burners Don. My late wife could cook ok, but I sort of took over, so she let me, paid off, place might be untidy but I will not starve lol.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

Hey! I do that. I like eating the pastry separately. Same with battered fish. I peel the batter off first, eat it, then the flesh.

3 hours ago, lyndarra said:

Hey! I do that. I like eating the pastry separately. Same with battered fish. I peel the batter off first, eat it, then the flesh.

It would be like getting a Pie Floater and getting rid of the Pea Soup.....

Actually i put a hold on the Pea Soup ( peas in a pot nine days old  pew... )

or the like Zig with no Zag......  ( for Lyle a pair of clowns on TV from 1956-1990's )

Don