re meat pies

42 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Bought Lewis Road Creamery Butter today - $4 on special in lieu of $6 for 227g.  Expensive, but thought I'd try it whilst it was on special at Woolies.  

Let me know what you think of it. I can't recall whether we tried it when we were in Auckland for a few days last year, or not. 

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

About time we got back on track to the dogs eyes. Yatala Pies, Qld...with mushy peas to keep Lyle happy.lol.

th.jpg.fef705ff3d2b25e78bf06a68bf5a5f0d.jpg

The pie looks lovely Les, I'm still not sold on the mushy peas. Is that a file photo or have you crossed the frontier and breached the border with  Queensland be careful my friend they don't seem to like foreigners there😎

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Queensland be careful my friend they don't seem to like foreigners there

We love foreigners. It's Southerners that get on our wick. 😍

Visit Queensland. We've got 7,000 KM of coastline, the Great Barrier Reef and the world's largest sand islands (two of which are 20km from Brisbane). I can go on a 7 day cruise without leaving the state and still only get two thirds of the way up the east coast.

Yatala pies are OK if you're hungry, but try Syd's Pies just up the road near the Logan Motorway turnoff. Much better.

Edited by SinbadThePorter
  • Haha 1

Coast line length   just for interest sake

WA -12889km  Qld - 6973km      NT-5437km   SA-3826km  Tas 2833km   NSW 2007km   Vic 1868km 

and the  ACT has Lake Burley Griffin 40km

And a meat pie has a coast line of about 300mm   when floated in pea soup.....lol

It is a slow day..... Don

Not sure if this has been posted previously.

Sausage Roll Maker now available at Kmart, just $29

Designed with non-stick plates, this sausage roll maker will help you make yummy, sausage rolls with ease.

• Makes 4 sausage rolls
  • Non stick cooking plates
  • Stands upright for easy storage

Cheers

CRUISING ALONG🙂

42888222-1-f.jpg

42888222-3-f.jpg

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

WA -12889km  Qld - 6973km      NT-5437km   SA-3826km  Tas 2833km   NSW 2007km   Vic 1868km 

Interesting.  I'll have to get an atlas out, as I wouldn't have guessed those figures.  

2 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Interesting.  I'll have to get an atlas out, as I wouldn't have guessed those figures.  

But would have know the pie...... and the great lake of dead "orse........on top of mount pie

got the figures off wikipedia......( meaning somebody may have use an atlas and piece of string )

1 minute ago, getting older slowly said:

But would have know the pie...... and the great lake of dead "orse........on top of mount pie

got the figures off wikipedia......( meaning somebody may have use an atlas and piece of string )

I'm not great on mms, better in inches. 

I know Queensland Coastline is long, however I was actually surprised SA Coastline was so long until I looked at it on map.  All those long peninsulas!

1 hour ago, getting older slowly said:

And a meat pie has a coast line of about 300mm   when floated in pea soup.....lol

It is a slow day..... Don

What about Jervis Bay and Norfolk Island, a bit of coastline in that for the ACT.

Talk of coastline got me curious so I looked it up and Vancouver Island has about 3400 kms of coastline and if I had the money to charter an appropriate vessel say 25 to 30 meters I would probably want at least 2 weeks to circumnavigate it with appropriate stops along the way. I did have the good fortune in my youth to spend some time on a Sea Cadet training vessel plying the waters of Desolation sound and other parts of the inside passage. I would love to show these places to Lynn, perhaps some day I will.

Maybe we can have some meat pies on the voyage 🙂

4 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

The pie looks lovely Les, I'm still not sold on the mushy peas. Is that a file photo or have you crossed the frontier and breached the border with  Queensland be careful my friend they don't seem to like foreigners there😎

File photo mate, but I have been to Yatala ies a few time some years ago when I could eat those delicacies.

I am not allowed into sacred Queensland. We have to have 28 days of non community transmission re Covid, before Qld Premier, might open the border to NSW, that is a tall order, but we have made it to day Eleven with no community transmissions, there has been the odd covid positive but they have been returning overseas travellers and are in quarantine or hospital.  You are missing out big time Lyle on ye olde mushy peas, lubbly jubbly. 

Edited by NSWP

3 hours ago, SinbadThePorter said:

We love foreigners. It's Southerners that get on our wick. 😍

Visit Queensland. We've got 7,000 KM of coastline, the Great Barrier Reef and the world's largest sand islands (two of which are 20km from Brisbane). I can go on a 7 day cruise without leaving the state and still only get two thirds of the way up the east coast.

Yatala pies are OK if you're hungry, but try Syd's Pies just up the road near the Logan Motorway turnoff. Much better.

Crikey mate, I would not want to go near Logan, like the Wild West, I could be mugged.

Edited by NSWP

17 hours ago, SinbadThePorter said:

Very true, but luckily that's the road that goes to Logan, not starts in Logan. 🤕

Syds pies ? Have to research them, here they come....@ Loganholme, Qld. They also do British Foods.

th (3).jpg

Edited by NSWP

3 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Syds pies ? Have to research them, do they do GF ones? 

For your Info Les    Cheers Don

Syd's Pies factory have long been renown for selling quality pies and the best in town, so much so that every year the pies are entered in The All Australian Meat Pie Competition and every year they have a successful result, taking Silver & Bronze awards in the meat pie category and also a silver in the vegetarian section.

The secret to the success of Syd's pie factory lies with the owners, Syd and Anna, whos ambition is to not only be the best pie makers in Queensland but also Australia. Syd and Anna's motto is "If Your Going To do It, DO IT RIGHT" and they must be doing it right as their products are in such high demand that Syd's pies will soon be mobile, with vans reaching out to even greater numbers of customers. 

QUALITY PIE LIST

Scottish pies
Chunky Steak Pie
Beef/Guinness Pie
Steak /Cheese + Bacon
Steak /Mushroom
Steak / Pepper
Steak /Kidney
Topside Mince
Vegetarian Pasties (perfect for vegetarians)
Cornish Pasties
Bacon Egg Pie
PorkPie
Bacon
Egg Slice
Vegetable Slice

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, getting older slowly said:

For your Info Les    Cheers Don

Syd's Pies factory have long been renown for selling quality pies and the best in town, so much so that every year the pies are entered in The All Australian Meat Pie Competition and every year they have a successful result, taking Silver & Bronze awards in the meat pie category and also a silver in the vegetarian section.

The secret to the success of Syd's pie factory lies with the owners, Syd and Anna, whos ambition is to not only be the best pie makers in Queensland but also Australia. Syd and Anna's motto is "If Your Going To do It, DO IT RIGHT" and they must be doing it right as their products are in such high demand that Syd's pies will soon be mobile, with vans reaching out to even greater numbers of customers. 

QUALITY PIE LIST

Scottish pies
Chunky Steak Pie
Beef/Guinness Pie
Steak /Cheese + Bacon
Steak /Mushroom
Steak / Pepper
Steak /Kidney
Topside Mince
Vegetarian Pasties (perfect for vegetarians)
Cornish Pasties
Bacon Egg Pie
PorkPie
Bacon
Egg Slice
Vegetable Slice

Thanks don, I just checked them out..another product

mainbanner2.jpg