re meat pies

2 hours ago, ilikeanswers said:

It is one of the reasons I like the sriracha, it is more than just heat it is garlicky, salty and sour. To me it is not that spicy a sauce. I personally find the fermented chilli paste gochujang hotter, but it is also salty, sweet and umami🌶️😋. However I do like a smoky chilli sauce so that Cholula chipotle sounds very nice. 

22 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I like Doubanjiang, the Chinese chilli bean paste. It's a bit like Gochujang but has a slightly different flavour profile. 

I must admit a year or so ago I would have no idea on these pastes and flavours but my 28yo son has gotten into cooking especially asian dishes and they are yummy.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NSWP said:

I had to reschedule my appt in Cbr until mid Nov as ACT Health refused me admission. If they do issue exemption, it is two exemptions required by ACT and NSW, plus 14 days quarantine on return home. Perhaps things may improve by mid Nov, who knows.  

Hopefully  by November  life will be easier everywhere 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ilikeanswers said:

I do like a bit of Doubanjiang too, I find it has a more potent umami kick than gochujang🤗 

Crikey, no speak da Chinese, cannot understand that.  Don't mind a bit of ye olde Soy sauce on my chow feed.🥢

Edited by NSWP

11 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Crikey, no speak da Chinese, cannot understand that.  Don't mind a bit of ye olde Soy sauce on my chow feed.🥢

Chinese and Korean😂. Gochujang is a Korean fermented chilli paste while doubanjiang is a Chinese fermented broad bean and chilli paste. They are really just different types of chilli sauce😉

• Like 1

On 9/10/2021 at 11:50 AM, NSWP said:

I believe today Friday 10 Sept is meat pie day? 

In that case...lunch awaits.

694031.jpg.9eef68a8416392afca0b46d0d7bc7e22.jpg

Finally found them - I had one on Thursday night and I actually enjoyed it. Now back to enjoying a meat pie with hubby at home.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kate59 said:

Finally found them - I had one on Thursday night and I actually enjoyed it. Now back to enjoying a meat pie with hubby at home.

How was the meat filling? I have had some decent ones and a couple with gristle and tough meat, all the same brand. Glad you enjoyed it.

About 14 here, had a pie last night Balfour potato pie frozen from Woolies, not bad, Mrs G had a tomato and onion, and mushroom from Dungog bakery, local Foodworks sells them so she grabbed a couple cold and heated them up, quick and easy after a day of Dr visits

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

About 14 here, had a pie last night Balfour potato pie frozen from Woolies, not bad, Mrs G had a tomato and onion, and mushroom from Dungog bakery, local Foodworks sells them so she grabbed a couple cold and heated them up, quick and easy after a day of Dr visits

There's a Dungog Bakery in Swansea, in the same shop that used to be Darby's. I occasionally buy a cream bun or a pir there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GUT2407 said:

Dosn't Mrs G have to eat GF - Coeliac like moi? 

5 hours ago, NSWP said:

Dosn't Mrs G have to eat GF - Coeliac like moi? 

No that the former Miss G not coeliac but glut intolerant. Mrs G is largely (though not totally) vegan. More than a little meat, it fried food sends her into full blown pancreatic attack, and that is scary.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lyndarra said:

There's a Dungog Bakery in Swansea, in the same shop that used to be Darby's. I occasionally buy a cream bun or a pir there.

Yeah they seem to have gone into a few old Darby shops, as have I think it’s Barringtons

52 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I retired from my job but I am still working around the house. Landscaping, new fences and such.

That's good. Sounds like you are a bit more handy than me 🙂 I have to work so I can pay others to do much of that type of stuff. I have until 1-July to work, if I can put up with it until then.

• Like 1