re meat pies

22 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

No, there is too much at steak and its fun ribbing each other.

I laugh so much my eye fillet with tears.

Never heard so much tripe.  I'm now trying to decide wether or not to go on the lamb.

It's raining outside at the moment. Times like this I wonder whether the wether is out in the weather.🤣

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

Minced beef in there Lyle?

It's minced pork uncle Les. The ones we buy from Thrifty foods are quite nice. Of course for me they must compete with the childhood memory of my Mom's best friend making them during holiday times, Christmas, New Years and Easter. She was of French Canadian decent and Tortierre is part of their culture with an endless number of variations. For me her pies are the standard by which all other tortierre are compared. I had hoped to sample some in Quebec next September, oh well we had to postpone that trip.

• Like 1

On 11/7/2021 at 9:33 AM, NSWP said:

Pie day today, raining, but cool, might take a 40 minute drive to Ulladulla and pick up some pies from Haydens, couple of fresh ones and a few frozen ones for ron. No bakery around sells gf pies, just generic frozen ones in the supermarket.

th.jpg.bfde842d9d2e938da849c9e0755eb9d8.jpg

So I went up to Ulladulla had a meat pie there, took one fresh home for today lunch and bought 4 frozen ones for ron, mixture, chunky steak, steak and kidney, steak and mushroom, chicken and veg..here is a sample, I like the tomato sauce, lol. I had my daughter with me, that is why there is two, lol, one dogs eye is enough for me these days.

hayden-s-pies.jpg

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, NSWP said:

That girl is a nutter, I am not keen on activists.

I used to think that till I saw that two part documentary about her. She is far more thoughtful and intelligent than the news portrays her. Really surprised me and completely changed my view on her. Gives me hope for the planet yet😉

Edited by ilikeanswers
  • Like 2

I think she is voicing what many of us have thought for decades.

Man made Climate change hasn't just started, it was first documented in the 1800's with industrialisation in Europe. The short story is people would rather make money and have larger profits than preserve the environment.

• Like 1