re meat pies

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

It ain't easy mate.  I carry some of my own stuff on my monthly road trips, like gf bread for toast, gf bikkies for a brew, gf crackers for pre dinner snacks. I like the hotel/motel cooked brekkies but also carry my own gf Weetbix or cornflakes if no cooked brekkie available or I do not like the menu.   I have an Engel car fridge, comes in handy. 

Good thinking, also some bottles of red no doubt.

• Like 1

On 3/11/2022 at 9:38 AM, dillpickle48 said:

Bottles of red are a must for any trip.

I'm enjoying my Aldi Sangria with ice on hot days. Prefer it to beer. Only problem lately is not enough hot days - what happened to summer?

There's always my Pigg's Peake big reds to fall back on.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, lyndarra said:

When can't you eat a pie?

For me, lunch on Saturdays.

Saturday is my windsurfing comp day and anything like meat pies, sausage rolls etc does not sit well when combined with high intensity activity. Instead I have the ready to toss salads from Coles or Aldi, or an excellent chicken sandwich from a local bakery.

• 2 weeks later...

Mrs Gut just dished up a three course dinner, had some prawns so prawn cocktail, pie and chips in the oven followed by a choice of lamington, jelly and ice cream or lemon meringue pie and ice cream (decisions, decisions, decisions).

• Like 3

13 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Mrs Gut just dished up a three course dinner, had some prawns so prawn cocktail, pie and chips in the oven followed by a choice of lamington, jelly and ice cream or lemon meringue pie and ice cream (decisions, decisions, decisions).

Sounds good.

On 3/28/2022 at 11:11 AM, GUT2407 said:

It was. Payed my recliner half back, my boy on my knee wanting to taste everything as I went. Not sure what I did right, if I was I’d do it again.

You were probably just being quiet 😉

On 3/28/2022 at 11:56 AM, OzKiwiJJ said:

Me too, but no ice-cream.

No ice cream, oh dear, I am an icecreamaholic. Always 4 tubs of different ice creams in my freezer, the 1 or 2 litre ones, Vanilla, Rum and Raisin (I add a capful of Bundy rum to the bowl of icecream) , Strawberry and Chocolate of course.  Lubbly Jubbly.

Back on topic, meat pie day here today, 11C this morning...

694031.jpg.612810217bc7816f82a1cf0520a4246a.jpg

Edited by NSWP

23 minutes ago, NSWP said:

No ice cream, oh dear, I am an icecreamaholic. Always 4 tubs of different ice creams in my freezer, the 1 or 2 litre ones, Vanilla, Rum and Raisin (I add a capful of Bundy rum to the bowl of icecream) , Strawberry and Chocolate of course.  Lubbly Jubbly.

Back on topic, meat pie day here today, 11C this morning...

694031.jpg.612810217bc7816f82a1cf0520a4246a.jpg

I don't dislike ice-cream but I prefer it with fruit or on it's own, not with already sweet enough desserts. I'd rather have plain whipped cream with those.

• Like 1

While my daughter and son in law, who were both positive to Covid, were isolating with their two sons, the boys aged 14 and 11 fended for themselves. They both love cooking, so took it upon themselves, as well as keeping the house relatively clean and tidy, to prepare and cook meals for themselves and their parents for the week of isolation. One evening they made pies and sausage rolls from scratch, including cooking the minced beef mixture to put in the pies. The only thing they didn't do was make the pastry themselves, they used pastry sheets. 

No description available.

I think they did a brilliant job. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1