paying bills while on a cruise

Buck Turgidson

I get notices online for most of my bills or can check my CC accounts

I take my netbook so I pay them online also

Those that only come once in a while (property tax) I get the person checking on my house to open & email me the payment due

Some people just make a large payment before they go away

YMMV

All bills/statements are electronic. All payments are handled on the web or a mobile app. I'll pay stuff before we leave or schedule an auto-pymt to be made while we're away. As much as possible, I avoid dealing with that crap while on vacation.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

I just finished pre-paying all my bills via my checking account's online bill-pay feature for our Sept. 15-night cruise. If I don't know the exact amount due, I estimate, maybe paying a little extra. I don't like to access my financial accounts from any unsecured public network, so would not pay them onboard - even though there was a recent explanation by someone here on CC on why it was safe to do so. If you don't already use online bill pay, now might be a good time to investigate it. If you aren't comfortable with that and would rather still pay by check, consider paying a double amount on your last payment before the trip.

It's unlikely that any completely unexpected bill would arrive while you're gone that would need to be paid that quickly.

We take voyages that are very long.

We have all of our bills paid by checking account or credit card and then we are set up for our credit cards to be paid by our check book.

Very easy to set up and allows you to eliminate a lot of paper and physical checks.

Keith

We just pay all bills before we leave on vacation...you what bills you pay, and if you haven't gotten the actual bill yet, you can call the company and they will tell you how much it will be....simply look at last month's bills for mailing address. Of course, paying online is also an option, but there are folks who don't do that. No worries! It can be done!!!

Our bills are automatically paid online.

Have done this for several years with no problems.

We were often away 19+ days and for bills that were nt auto pay, I otfen paid in advance before the bill even came iinto the house.

We use pre authorized payments from our bank account. For bills that go to our credit card we simply pre pay the card and maintain a credit balance. Never an issue.

We have moved everything possible to online only. We do not like snail mail. We travel frequently-often for two months or more at a time.

Our checking account is on automatic, whether I am at home or on a cruise. Love mobile banking. Should an electronic bill arrive, a nifty app called mint notifies me.At the next Wi-Fi spot I could just pay that bill with my iPhone. When any payment is maid, my bank sends me a confirmation email.

Another vote here for "auto-pay" for as many of monthly bills as possible ...... either directly with the utility or company, or via my bank. I've been doing it that way for several years now, and it makes it so much easier to be off on long (20-30 days or more) cruises. I also need to be sure to transfer enough $$ between accounts to cover everything coming due, and if gone long enough to include more than one calendar month, to set up an automatic transfer of funds in my absence.

So far, we have not had a problem with bills needing to be paid while we were on vacation. Even our 17 days away last month for a British isles cruise fit to where I paid my mother's two bills (credit card and telephone) right before we left. It was a few days earlier than I usually pay those bills, but I had the new statements and knew the amounts. My credit card bills were due a few days after we got back. All our utility bills (gas, electric, water, and phone) are automatically drafted out of one of our accounts.

Thank you for all the responses, I get my bills by the snail but pay online but not auto pay. I'll probably pre pay bills before I leave.

I do the same thing and all of my accounts allow me to choose the date for payment so I would go into those account prior to the cruise and schedule the payments to post at the right time.

I pay online also.

Every online bill pay I have seen has a feature to set the date the bill is paid. So I set them to the due date. So I can sit down before the first of the month, and pay every bill for the month.

I use Quicken, so I can see balances in the "future" by setting the dates and also future income, like direct deposit pay.