Cruise port to FLL airport

DRS/NC

Yes, it's another of those "do I have time" questions!

I haven't been in/out of the FLL cruise port or airport in several years. Is a 10:16 am flight out of FLL too early to make? We (3 adults) on the Crown are due back at 7:00 am, 3/24/28.

Thanks!

It is theoretically doable. Some, including my son on the Crown last March, has done it. But, there may be uncontrollable factors that may have you miss the flight. Ship or disembarkation delays could happen. We always get a noon or later flight to be stress free on the last day.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, it's another of those "do I have time" questions!

I haven't been in/out of the FLL cruise port or airport in several years. Is a 10:16 am flight out of FLL too early to make? We (3 adults) on the Crown are due back at 7:00 am, 3/24/28.

Thanks!

Maybe but how many other ships will be in port on that day?

DON

or book a Princess transfer , so if for some reason the ship is late/ customs / traffic, etc. they will hold the plane until you arrive

Much quicker with a taxi or Uber style service. Taxi is about $20 for the ride. The airline will not hold the plane if you are late arriving. I think the above poster has it reversed. Sometimes the ship may be held waiting for flights to arrive.

Have you checked to see how many other ships arrive that morning? Your problem could be that you get in relatively late (many ships get there at 6am). So you will be at the back of the line for checkin & security. So if your ship is late, you could be in trouble.

or book a Princess transfer , so if for some reason the ship is late/ customs / traffic, etc. they will hold the plane until you arrive

They probably won't book a Princess transfer for you for a flight that early. Plus, they only guarantee your flight if you book it within their time frames recommendations. The website will give you a message (used to be in red) if you try to book a flight through EZ Air that is too early. You can still book it but at your own risk.

This is absurd. They definitely will not hold the flight for you. The airline won't even know you are coming from a cruise. These two issues aren't related.

Wow...such bad info.

You may make it with time to spare. You may miss the flight.

It will come down to whether or not there are issues with arrival back to port, immigration and even things such as finding your luggage and then there is check in and security at airport.

Me, I don't book them this early but I don't like stress.

Keith

Not even with booking with Princess EZair and a Princess transfer??

You are confusing when you book your airfare through the cruise line going to the ship, when they will do whatever they can to hold the ship if your flight is late, but no absolute guarantees. It doesn't work going home.

There are several threads already on this exact topic. I've shared one of my experiences previously- I had an 11:30 flight out of FLL. There was a problem with Immigration/Customs. Disembarkation was greatly delayed. I walked off the ship with my luggage, didn't check luggage at the airport (Rule #1 for me is NEVER check luggage! EVER!), had TSA Precheck, and walked up to the gate just as they were boarding the flight. Had I had luggage to check, I would have missed the cutoff time and been denied boarding and missed my flight.

Can you make a 10:16 am flight? Probably but it isn't advisable.

Princess cannot hold a plane. Two different companies, Princess and the airline. If the plane leaves late, then it will be late for the rest of the day. The airline is not going to hold 150 people because two are running late.

I did self assist on Sunday, December 10, 2017 and I was at the airport by 7:10am. Too late for the 7:45am flight I was hoping for. I could have made the 9:45am flight, however it was full. I ended up on the 10:45am flight that I had originally booked.

LOL that will never happen. If you are with EZAir, you will be rebooked on a different flight. No airline will ever hold the plane for more than few minutes.

If airline holds the plane, the entire flight plan goes out of the window. They need to re-file it with ATC, because planes are given strict departure windows. Also, plane you are flying to XYZ airport is due to fly from XYZ airport to ABC airport pretty much as soon as they can. So holding a plane will throw a huge wrench into entire system, causing a domino effect. To prevent this from happening, airline will have to pull another plane and air crew to continue that route.

So yeah, it won't happen.

Princess cannot hold a plane. Two different companies, Princess and the airline. If the plane leaves late, then it will be late for the rest of the day. The airline is not going to hold 150 people because two are running late.

I did self assist on Sunday, December 10, 2017 and I was at the airport by 7:10am. Too late for the 7:45am flight I was hoping for. I could have made the 9:45am flight, however it was full. I ended up on the 10:45am flight that I had originally booked.

i have not flown for 20 years so your post has me asking a question:

are you saying if you get to an airport earlier than your flight you can get on another flight with no fees/problems etc?