Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

1 hour ago, clo said:

...the smaller the bird the better.

Looks good.  When you say “small”, are you talking Cornish Game Hen small?

We rotisseried a 5 lb. chicken this week and are still eating off it.  Think I will shred what remains and make some enchiladas in the next couple of days.  Have never used rotisserie meat before, but have a feeling it’ll lend a more savory flavor to the dish.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

Looks good.  When you say “small”, are you talking Cornish Game Hen small?

Nope.

• One small chicken, 2-3/4 to 3-1/2-pounds

They're not easy to find and I've done the 5#'ers and they're still good but not AS good. I don't know where you live but our Trader Joes has them in the 3-4# range, organic and heirloom. For the two of us that's still a lot. The last time I did one I froze about half of it and used it on a rv trip. I like the enchilada idea. Tacos too.

Hanging out in our sunroom tonight with Muffin, the last surviving cat of four that we had. Got her in 2002 as a 9-month old. She turned 19 in September. She loves Chris but is still not so sure about me.

20200926_205928.thumb.jpg.7d4ffcffa66c9583c37c250c3e65fe55.jpg

We always used to say that we could never get a dog because we traveled too much. Then 2020 happened... 

PS @clo, I haven't made your exact recipe yet but I did put sage and oregano under the skin of our last roast chicken. Yummy!

Edited by jpalbny
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

PS @clo, I haven't made your exact recipe yet but I did put sage and oregano under the skin of our last roast chicken. Yummy!

My sage overwinters but it gets some protection. Along with rosemary and thyme.

We had Missy, a cat who adopted us when she was about one and made it to about 20.

PS: I've said that people with inferiority complexes shouldn't have cats 🙂

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, clo said:

Nope.

• One small chicken, 2-3/4 to 3-1/2-pounds

They're not easy to find and I've done the 5#'ers and they're still good but not AS good. I don't know where you live but our Trader Joes has them in the 3-4# range, organic and heirloom. For the two of us that's still a lot. The last time I did one I froze about half of it and used it on a rv trip. I like the enchilada idea. Tacos too.

Here's a recent bird.

115684653_3143063949103409_4965255624209599628_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=3GGpOUBzbhcAX9kWODh&_nc_ht=scontent-den4-1.xx&oh=00894c7b09b800cc204dc319780a8752&oe=5F958AD6

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Daveywavey70 said:

Why do the pics never post in the order that they’re posted?

Yup. If you manually insert them into the post, they will stay in that order. If you just upload them, the order gets mangled.

Animals still cute even if mixed up. 🙂

Edited by jpalbny
  • Like 1

Trev, an Australian Mist ( Tabby, Abyssinian, Burmese cross). An Australian breed.
He is in his favourite spot, on my knee when I’m reading the paper on my iPad in bed.  He is 15 and diabetic and has an has insulin Injection twice a day.  He hates pills but sits quietly for his needle. 

image.thumb.jpeg.9561a0d4bf439e2dc5960165b4cc34ea.jpeg

• Like 4

Apropos of mysty's funny - our lunch was the Lazy Old Englishwoman's version of Welsh Rarebit.  With some Oz Shiraz to go with it.

Toast one side of a slice of wholemeal bread under the grill.  Butter the other side, top with sliced (by me) strong cheddar, and sprinkle on a  very liberal amount of Lea and Perrins  Worcestershire  (pr. wusstersher) sauce and back under the grill until brown and bubbling.  Inauthentic, but very tasty.  Today I put some leftover thinly sliced tomato and red pepper under the cheese; even better. 

Still loving the animals; if I am allowed to have current favourites, they are  Gypsy - adorable - and Muffin, with the disdainful expression.  They are all lovely - life-enhancing pictures.

Lola

• Like 2

Things are busy and "happening" at the Cooler this weekend.  

Many exciting college football games yesterday, including some major upsets and surprises.  Besides Spins and Lois, any other college football fans here?

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

64598548_ScreenShot2020-09-27at9_29_02AM.png.59ecd5f674dc7c917a6c19e5a2e337fc.png

1042905098_ScreenShot2020-09-27at9_29_35AM.png.720efcd535d73b288c9b9152cc636edb.png

9 hours ago, jillyf said:

He is 15 and diabetic and has an has insulin Injection twice a day.  

We had Grady, also a diabetic on insulin. He would show up right on time for his shots and he got a little treat of low fat deli turkey or ham.

2 hours ago, lincslady said:

Toast one side of a slice of wholemeal bread under the grill.  Butter the other side, top with sliced (by me) strong cheddar, and sprinkle on a  very liberal amount of Lea and Perrins  Worcestershire  (pr. wusstersher) sauce and back under the grill until brown and bubbling.  Inauthentic, but very tasty.  Today I put some leftover thinly sliced tomato and red pepper under the cheese; even better. 

That sounds SUPER! After so many lunches at home it's nice to hear of something different.

Yesterday we appeared virtually on the TV show College Game Day. While it was fun, it was a lot of work beforehand creating a sign and the imitation ostentatiously blinged out turnover chain as pictured below. Then there was the question of covid logistics and where to set up the camera/computer. We decided on setting up outside although it was 91 F in the sun, beastly humid and threatening  thunderstorms. At 8 am we were in the queue for our final interviews, venue, sign and video check. The rest is history. We waited for the producer to advise us to cheer loudly and show our sign. Mostly it was waiting! 

We were on the air twice along with many other participants. Best part of the day was the game where Miami beat FSU 52 to 10. The swagger is back!

And this was a diversion. A time of frivolousness and silliness!378211186_20200927_100405_HDR2.thumb.jpg.94e313ddf1717f96342f766bf9ae37f4.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, spinnaker2 said:

Yesterday we appeared virtually on the TV show College Game Day. We decided on setting up outside although it was 91 F in the sun, beastly humid and threatening  thunderstorms. At 8 am we were in the queue for our final interviews, venue, sign and video check. The rest is history. We waited for the producer to advise us to cheer loudly and show our sign. Mostly it was waiting!  We were on the air twice along with many other participants. Best part of the day was the game where Miami beat FSU 52 to 10. The swagger is back!  And this was a diversion. A time of frivolousness and silliness!

Congratulations to Spins, BOTH for being on ESPN's Gameday, plus for the massive victory by "The U" over archival Florida State.  

As i mentioned earlier, it was a fun, exciting day for college football yesterday.  For us, with my wife's brother living in Kansas right near Manhattan, that second victory in a row by K-State over Oklahoma was super sweet.  Never been a big fan of Oklahoma!!  Like to see them lose!!  Have good friends who are Texas grads and we like to cheer the Longhorns as they had a dramatic, come-from-behind rally to beat Texas Tech in overtime.  Plus, also enjoyed defending champs LSU getting beat by Mississippi State.  That was another "wild and wonderful" game.

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Amazon River-Caribbean 2015 adventure live/blog starting in Barbados. Many visuals from this amazing river and Caribbean Islands (Dutch ABC's, St. Barts, Dominica, Grenada, San Juan, etc.).  Now at 67,458 views:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2157696

Hi friends, well, you know how we talk about 2020? I say lets just get it finished.......I have been in the hospital since

Friday night (just released this morning). I had some scary issues Friday night and had to call 911. Seems I had a 1

inch size bleeding ulcer☹️ I actually fell in my kitchen and when I was able to stand, I saw blood....(had thrown up)

Definitely not a normal scene...I was able to get myself to calm down and decided the best course would be to

call rescue and they took me to the ER....Dr said it was good I did it too.....they could see the internal bleeding.

Yesterday I had a endoscopy and the bleeding has stopped and I did have 2 blood transfusions as well. My red count

was too low. 

Anyway, I slept in the middle of that Miami beatdown and not sure if my Noles will ever get better.........at this point

I really don't care anymore. I was in the hospital bed and when I saw the 1st quarter I knew it was over for them.

I feel better and now have to take 2 more meds to keep my stomach cleaner (basically).

Like I said, we need to just get rid of 2020..........