Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

59 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi friends, well, you know how we talk about 2020? I say lets just get it finished.......I have been in the hospital since Friday night (just released this morning). I had some scary issues Friday night and had to call 911. Seems I had a 1  inch size bleeding ulcer☹️ I actually fell in my kitchen and when I was able to stand, I saw blood....(had thrown up)      I slept in the middle of that Miami beatdown and not sure if my Noles will ever get better. I was in the hospital bed and when I saw the 1st quarter I knew it was over for them.   I feel better and now have to take 2 more meds to keep my stomach cleaner (basically).  Like I said, we need to just get rid of 2020..........

WOW!!  What a huge medical saga for Lois!!!  Glad you are home and feeling more stable/better.  Keep up the good progress.  

Clearly Florida State has had its serious challenges recently.  It is not the "good old days" during their "GLORY YEARS" with Bobby Bowden. The good or bad news this year is that FSU will not be needing to be playing the re-bounding Miami 'Canes this year.  BUT, for Spins and "The U", their next BIG game is Oct. 10 against number-one ranked Clemson at their home in South Carolina.  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Hi Terry and Lola, thanks........

I forgot another thing and hopefully you will not have to experience this........in order to get some of the blood

out of your system, they put a tube in your nose that actually goes all the way down to your stomach😟......it had

to stay in place for a long time......from the middle of night  in the ER until 9:30am yesterday. Then

at about 11:30am I had the endoscopy procedure.....

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi friends, well, you know how we talk about 2020? I say lets just get it finished.......I have been in the hospital since

Friday night (just released this morning). I had some scary issues Friday night and had to call 911. Seems I had a 1

inch size bleeding ulcer☹️ I actually fell in my kitchen and when I was able to stand, I saw blood....(had thrown up)

Definitely not a normal scene...I was able to get myself to calm down and decided the best course would be to

call rescue and they took me to the ER....Dr said it was good I did it too.....they could see the internal bleeding.

Yesterday I had a endoscopy and the bleeding has stopped and I did have 2 blood transfusions as well. My red count

was too low. 

Anyway, I slept in the middle of that Miami beatdown and not sure if my Noles will ever get better.........at this point

I really don't care anymore. I was in the hospital bed and when I saw the 1st quarter I knew it was over for them.

I feel better and now have to take 2 more meds to keep my stomach cleaner (basically).

Like I said, we need to just get rid of 2020..........

Get well soon! There’s lots of cruising yet to do. 

Glad you are feeling better Lois. I was a nurse and have put quite a few of those tubes down and felt sorry for the patient and hoped never to have one. A few years ago had to have some tests and had one overnight too. Not pleasant!

Lois, sorry to read of your most recent adventure. Glad you are home and feeling better! Those NG tubes are no fun; sorry about that. The good news is that those meds do allow the ulcer to heal rapidly.

I agree; 2020 has long since served its purpose and needs to go.

Hi friends, JP,  I was reading up one of the medications I need to take and it says it can be bad for the kidneys☹️

Tomorrow I am calling my primary care MD and let him know all about what happened. Not sure if he needs to 

tell me if it is ok to take these meds or do I need to ask my Kidney Dr.

I had no clue I had a 1 inch ulcer!  

I think we need some cheering up. Below are 2 souls who really don't care about Covid, the sinking cruise industry, mad politicians or even the state of the household finances. 

Only 2 things matter: 1.  Food. 2. Ball game. 1125323723_IMG-20200924-WA00102.jpg.aeadb7ecae3d9f0a1e2d8c78e45bcafa.jpg

Edited by Tothesunset
Typo
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, jpalbny said:

Hanging out in our sunroom tonight with Muffin, the last surviving cat of four that we had. Got her in 2002 as a 9-month old. She turned 19 in September. She loves Chris but is still not so sure about me.

20200926_205928.thumb.jpg.7d4ffcffa66c9583c37c250c3e65fe55.jpg

We always used to say that we could never get a dog because we traveled too much. Then 2020 happened... 

PS @clo, I haven't made your exact recipe yet but I did put sage and oregano under the skin of our last roast chicken. Yummy!

Our Chloe is now somewhere north of 20.  She is happy and still interacts with us, so 2020 has been a great bonus for all of us!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Terry and Lola, thanks........

I forgot another thing and hopefully you will not have to experience this........in order to get some of the blood

out of your system, they put a tube in your nose that actually goes all the way down to your stomach😟......it had

to stay in place for a long time......from the middle of night  in the ER until 9:30am yesterday. Then

at about 11:30am I had the endoscopy procedure.....

Omg Lois poor you you have certainly been through it.. most of your posts have been about your illness which I'm sorry to hear , makes my myeloma chemotherapy & stem cell transplant quite somewhat no big deal!! But best wishes to you & hope a speedy recovery. Keep smiling as always do ...

• Like 1

I need a recommendation for Bob.  He consumes lots of fluids every day but recently has tired of his usual diet coke or tea.  He went so far as to drink Koolaid and use the Miu drops in water but has not found anything that pleases him.  He still has his sense of taste and smell, so no worries there.  Also, he had staples removed on Friday and is seeing some improvement in his hand which was not expected to happen.

All non-alcoholic recommendations will be appreciated.  We have the “fun” adult beverages under control!

4 minutes ago, Lvshack said:

Omg Lois poor you you have certainly been through it.. most of your posts have been about your illness which I'm sorry to hear , makes my myeloma chemotherapy & stem cell transplant quite somewhat no big deal!! But best wishes to you & hope a speedy recovery. Keep smiling as always do ...

Thanks so much. It has been quite a year (for all of us really).

4 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

Hope you are feeling better Lois, that sounds like an awful thing to go through, but JP says healing may be rapid.  I hope so for you.  As we in the ACC know, its all about basketball anyway!

Don't tell the folks at Clemson that............but I get your point.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Emtbsam said:

I need a recommendation for Bob.  He consumes lots of fluids every day but recently has tired of his usual diet coke or tea.  He went so far as to drink Koolaid and use the Miu drops in water but has not found anything that pleases him.  He still has his sense of taste and smell, so no worries there.  Also, he had staples removed on Friday and is seeing some improvement in his hand which was not expected to happen.

All non-alcoholic recommendations will be appreciated.  We have the “fun” adult beverages under control!

Hi, have you or Bob ever tried Crystal Light? They make really good flavors.........NO SUGAR at all.  I would recommend

giving one of them a try. I really like the peach🙂

9 minutes ago, Emtbsam said:

Hi it's England calling !! Can't give any recommendations for Bob regards to fluids ( apart from beer ...wine etc not want you want to hear ) I'm more worried about his hands 😉 I don't mean to be flippent only meant in good fun...did you read my reply to our friends I think near you !!! Wishing Bob good vibes & speedy recovery..by the way staples!!! Sounds like what I use in the office to attach paper together ...maybe like our stitches ( were are so old fashioned over here)😉 xx

Lvshak. Yes they actually use staples for closing incisions.  They are not unlike office staples, and I was told that they could be removed with a regular staple remover not needle nose pliers if need be.  His were in 10 days but could stay in 15 days without problems.  Staple removal is not particularly painful and not having them in removes a lot of irritation.  He had a tumor on his spine surrounding some of the nerves which cause the deficit in his hand.  It was an uncommon presentation of the type of tumor but thankfully it was not malignant.  If you knew him, you would know that he is very active and is uncommonly fit for someone his age.  He is regaining  some movement in his hand and can now hold a glass!

thanks for your concern.

28 minutes ago, Emtbsam said:

I need a recommendation for Bob

From a position of zero medical expertise, I'd propose that Bob and I share some 100% fruit juice first thing in the morning.  A decent sized 6 ounce glass or so.  Good to swallow meds, etc.  Cranberry, 100% cherry, prune, or Florida orange juice all seem to help get the day off to a good start.

26 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi, have you or Bob ever tried Crystal Light? They make really good flavors.........NO SUGAR at all.  I would recommend

giving one of them a try. I really like the peach🙂

I will tell him about it.  Thanks for the recommendation.  Hope you are feeling much better.

sorry about the Noles loss (Candy excuse me here) to the hurricanes.  As a part-time resident of Alligator Point, we do hear a whole lot about FSU,

23 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Thanks so much. It has been quite a year (for all of us really).

yes bless you Lois it has been a very emotional year for so many of us... My husband &I shoud have been in Paris ( for concert) in march . cancelled... Palma Spain in June cancelled...& Cruise( sorry but it was crystal) sept .. cancelled... It's all so very say but maybe we will learn something from this .. god bless him 🙏

1 minute ago, QueSeraSera said:

From a position of zero medical expertise, I'd propose that Bob and I share some 100% fruit juice first thing in the morning.  A decent sized 6 ounce glass or so.  Good to swallow meds, etc.  Cranberry, 100% cherry, prune, or Florida orange juice all seem to help get the day off to a good start.

I agree with you, but I am not sure he would do that.  I will tell him you suggested it!  Thanks.

• Like 1

V

Try true lime or true lemon packets.

Add to seltzer water.

No sugar or aspartame or saccharine or sucralose or artificial preservatives. Or other chemicals. 

Safe for diabetics.

There are other flavors.

I buy in bulk.

Go to true citrus online.

Edited by spinnaker2