Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

Hi Spins, so sorry that happened to you........glad you CC company caught it.  I had something similar happen to me a few years back........charges from Cancun that were on my card.........I had not been to Cancun in years and years and years.........

Well, I had some internal issues this weekend and I have seen my GI guy......having an Endoscopy on Thursday morning to see what is going on......last year I had that bleeding ulcer.......hoping for better news this time.  If you could send a good thought this way, I would appreciate it.

• Like 1

Thank you both🙂.....and even more news.....the new bed I got back in March? It is not working out so well.😮☹️........I was at the Mattress store store today and will be getting another  but I am keeping the adjustable base (I love that part).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lois R said:

ell, I had some internal issues this weekend and I have seen my GI guy......having an Endoscopy on Thursday morning to see what is going on......last year I had that bleeding ulcer.......hoping for better news this time.  If you could send a good thought this way, I would appreciate it.

Hope all goes well for you!  Good vibes heading south!

Hi Mysty, thank you---and another kudos to you for your funnies every morning🙂......I would love to meet you and everyone else on here one day......

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi Mysty, thank you---and another kudos to you for your funnies every morning🙂......I would love to meet you and everyone else on here one day......

This is a wonderful group of folks!  Kind, witty,  funny,  helpful and best of all respectful of one another!  Social media sites are rife with people who are not quite as kind or respectful.   This is my safe haven online! 

• Like 3

Good luck tomorrow, Lois! Will be thinking of you. 

Mysty, those geese are tough! We had geese on the farm and the gander chased me one day and knocked me down. I was probably 4 or 5 at the time. Such trauma! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, jpalbny said:

Mysty, those geese are tough! We had geese on the farm and the gander chased me one day and knocked me down. I was probably 4 or 5 at the time. Such trauma! 

The "like" was not related to your trauma JP!  We had a gander living next door when I was growing up.  The nasty thing would try to stick his skinny head and neck through the fence to nip at me.  They are mean birds!  And brazen!

Regional Victoria is finally coming out of lockdown and yesterday it was announced that other states are opening their borders to us. 
We had planned a road trip north to Mission Beach and Cairns more than a year ago and had given up hope of going and cancelled some of our bookings. 
Yesterday we made a fast decision and we will leave on Friday, only 2 days later than originally planned. By the time we reach Queensland we will have caught up with the planned dates of the accommodation we didn’t cancel.
It will be a hectic day tomorrow but I’m looking forward to beginning our trip. It’s about 3000 kilometres or 1800 miles.  
Warm weather here we come! ☀️☀️☀️

• Like 4

2 hours ago, jpalbny said:

20 minutes ago, mysty said:

The "like" was not related to your trauma JP!  We had a gander living next door when I was growing up.  The nasty thing would try to stick his skinny head and neck through the fence to nip at me.  They are mean birds!  And brazen!

My offer of free golf clubs is still open, for goose defense.  [Remember, the best defense is a good offense.]

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks everyone...........I should be home in the early afternoon........will check in when I get back.

Again, I appreciate all of you.🙂

• Like 2

Crater Lake in Oregon is indeed a thing of beauty.  Mt Mazama was the huge shield volcano that collapsed in a no doubt spectacular event (not that long ago) when the magma withdrew from below it.  For weirdos that are intrigued by such geological history, you can buy books such as Roadside Geology of Oregon, that tell you what you are looking at.  Central Oregon is full of volcanic landscapes.  I had the pleasure of making two circumnavigations of Crater Lake during winter, on cross country skis, doing snow camping.  (3 days total, 2 nights camping.  It was spectacular, memorable.)  One night, I had a bottle of Drambuie, and visited a tent with other campers (two nice young ladies) to offer them a post-dinner treat; they gave me some dessert - never saw them again.  Pitch black, stars and planets shining, 10 degrees F, a memorable event.  

A lake at top of a volcano is a very temporary thing, and one of these days there will be a terrible flood, wherein the water in the lake flows down one way or another.  But, until that happens, it is one of the great things to see in the world.  

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Lois R said:

Thanks everyone...........I should be home in the early afternoon........will check in when I get back.

Again, I appreciate all of you.🙂

Sending you lots of positive vibes from across the pond Lois ❤️

Hi cooler friends, I am already home and the procedure went well. Yes, I do have an ulcer and thankfully is is not bleeding. He is sending it to the lab and I have a follow up on 7/1. He should have the results back at that time. He told me ulcers usually have 2 main causes......if a person is taking an "anti-inflammatory" product, (Ibuprofen)  which can tear up the stomach....(I don't take them). Or a bacterial infection.......so we shall see.   He is putting me back on meds I was taking previously called "Famotidine"...it helps prevent acid from building up. 1 pill twice daily.....at least they are little and easy to swallow. 

Nothing else to really report....I am not in pain (thankfully for that).  He knows I have the trip next month and so far he said I can still go.....lets hope he doesn't change his mind when I see him again.

***When I said he is sending to the lab****they took a bit for a biopsy.