Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

13 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi cooler friends, I am already home and the procedure went well. Yes, I do have an ulcer and thankfully is is not bleeding. He is sending it to the lab and I have a follow up on 7/1. He should have the results back at that time. He told me ulcers usually have 2 main causes......if a person is taking an "anti-inflammatory" product, (Ibuprofen)  which can tear up the stomach....(I don't take them). Or a bacterial infection.......so we shall see.   He is putting me back on meds I was taking previously called "Famotidine"...it helps prevent acid from building up. 1 pill twice daily.....at least they are little and easy to swallow. 

Nothing else to really report....I am not in pain (thankfully for that).  He knows I have the trip next month and so far he said I can still go.....lets hope he doesn't change his mind when I see him again.

***When I said he is sending to the lab****they took a bit for a biopsy. 

Sounds like this will be relatively easy to handle.  Hopefully things will work out just fine!

Good news Lois! Hope the follow up is all good news as well. And happy sailing soon.

We are getting ready to meet Stumbles soon for a day of wine tasting. We have to celebrate that Chris has put up with me for 26 years now. Will be lots of fun!

• Like 5

Lois – good news so far.  I assume they will also test for H. pylori, which is the bacterium that commonly causes ulcers.  I almost died from a bleeding ulcer, but since I took the triple cocktail to eradicate H. pylori there have been no recurrences. 

3 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Lois – good news so far.  I assume they will also test for H. pylori, which is the bacterium that commonly causes ulcers.  I almost died from a bleeding ulcer, but since I took the triple cocktail to eradicate H. pylori there have been no recurrences. 

Hi Jazz, I had that bleeding ulcer last fall.........it was so scary........and to be honest, if I had not been able to call 911 I think I might have died too. But thankfully we are both here😃

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Happy Anniversary.  Such a low number – you've got a lot of trips to look forward to!!!  ❤️

Happy Anniversary JP and Chris and agree with Jazzbeau comments particularly as we have just passed 57th Anniversary a;nd although we look forward to continuing our association with SS which was interrupted by the Pandemic in 2020 for the first time since the late nineties and had the pleasure of your company a few years ago.Think it was Scandinavia but may be wrong as memory is occasionally questionable.Enjoy your future cruising on SS.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

just now watching live as Jill Biden and the Duchess of Cambridge tour a primary school, fascinating

Good morning, I saw it too......I heard the children have had trauma in their lives.......and Jill is a teacher at the core.......she loves kids🙂

• Like 2

2 hours ago, brimary said:

Happy Anniversary JP and Chris and agree with Jazzbeau comments particularly as we have just passed 57th Anniversary a;nd although we look forward to continuing our association with SS which was interrupted by the Pandemic in 2020 for the first time since the late nineties and had the pleasure of your company a few years ago.Think it was Scandinavia but may be wrong as memory is occasionally questionable.Enjoy your future cruising on SS.

WOW....57 years? Belated Happy Anniversary to you too😃