EZair

ihopfar

Hi All,

Have not sailed Princess in a long time.  Thinking of booking a British Isles cruise.  

I have seen some good thinks on CC about EZair Flex for the flights to/from Europe.  

If I book with a travel agent, will I be able to book my EZair flights online?  Will I be able to monitor for price drops on the flights and rebook?  Or will I need to go through my TA for all of that?

Thanks!

Brad

11 minutes ago, ihopfar said:

Hi All,

Have not sailed Princess in a long time.  Thinking of booking a British Isles cruise.  

I have seen some good thinks on CC about EZair Flex for the flights to/from Europe.  

If I book with a travel agent, will I be able to book my EZair flights online?  Will I be able to monitor for price drops on the flights and rebook?  Or will I need to go through my TA for all of that?

Thanks!

Brad

The travel agent has nothing to do with your EZ Air booking.......

Yes you will have control to book and monitor the flights in your booking/cruise personalizer regardless of using a TA or not.

It is very easy to check air prices through your current air booking once you make it.

You will be able to watch and possibly change the air reservations up to 45 days before your first flight or the day you board the ship depending on which event falls first.  This is after you have made final payment.  So after making your final payment, keep watching the airfares being offered through EZair.  

23 hours ago, ihopfar said:

Hi All,

Thanks!

Brad

To use EZ Air, you select, book and monitor flights yourself in the cruise personlizer under Travel Arrangements. You do not require the T.A., and it is really better to book flights and monitor them yourself.

Booked my flights via EZ Air and the price was excellent.  I noticed that it says I have to pay $200 for bags. Does anyone know if I pay for my flight using my Delta AMEX card that this would waive that $200 fee as I get bags for free when using the card.  I would only want to use the card for the air portion not for the rest of my cruise payment.

10 minutes ago, silversneakers said:

Booked my flights via EZ Air and the price was excellent.  I noticed that it says I have to pay $200 for bags. Does anyone know if I pay for my flight using my Delta AMEX card that this would waive that $200 fee as I get bags for free when using the card.  I would only want to use the card for the air portion not for the rest of my cruise payment.

Whoa. I knew airlines were getting ridiculous with fees, but $200 for bags?? How many bags are you checking??

Hello carry-on city!!

Edited by WrittenOnYourHeart

42 minutes ago, silversneakers said:

I think that is a blanket statement Princess uses to make you aware that there could be additional bag charges.  Have used EZair a number of times for international travel that had that statement about a $200 baggage fee.  Since we only check one bag each and usually fly Delta,  have never had to pay  anything for checked baggage.  

2 hours ago, coo359a2 said:

I think that is a blanket statement Princess uses to make you aware that there could be additional bag charges.  Have used EZair a number of times for international travel that had that statement about a $200 baggage fee.  Since we only check one bag each and usually fly Delta,  have never had to pay  anything for checked baggage.  

Thank you!

I have free bags with both Delta and United, from 2 different credit cards. When I purchase EZAir on those airlines it shows on the EZAir site that there will be bag fees, but I have never been charged bag fees from the actual airline.

You'll want to ensure you can bring your reservation up using your account/frequent flyer number on the airline's site. If not, be sure to add your ff number to your reservation so it will all tie together. 

Where cruise line air fares really excel is on international flights. Of course, we always compare with buying direct from the airlines and other sources but, almost always, EZair is better. As mentioned earlier, on an international flight, each person gets one checked bag for free. If you decide to fly business class - and there are great deals on that through EZair - you get three checked bags free. For domestic flights in coach, there is a fee per bag but the $200 that Princess mentions is just a blanket statement. If two people traveling together each checked two bags, the total roundtrip fees might get up to that.

16 hours ago, silversneakers said:

we flew home in November and only had to pay the 25. per bag,. BUT the prices had increased recently on bags but because we booked prior to the date of increase, they honored the original rate.   I believe, if memory serves me right, it was 35. per bag now.

16 hours ago, silversneakers said:

You will pay whatever your airline charges. For example, $30 each way for a checked bag 50lbs and under. I don't know specifically about Delta, but in my EZ Air booking on United my free checked baggage benefit was allowed. 

14 hours ago, 2theship said:

Where cruise line air fares really excel is on international flights. Of course, we always compare with buying direct from the airlines and other sources but, almost always, EZair is better. As mentioned earlier, on an international flight, each person gets one checked bag for free. If you decide to fly business class - and there are great deals on that through EZair - you get three checked bags free. For domestic flights in coach, there is a fee per bag but the $200 that Princess mentions is just a blanket statement. If two people traveling together each checked two bags, the total roundtrip fees might get up to that.

You are certainly correct about EZ Air and international flights!  The other day I booked flights for our Northern Lights cruise next October. It's a fairly long flight from SMF (Sacramento, CA) to Heathrow so, even though we will end up flying "cattle class" I still wanted slightly nicer seats so I wanted to book Virgin Atlantic. I booked Virgin Atlantic from SMF to LHR for $307 per person. I checked Cheapo Air, Cheap Flights, etc. and the exact same flights on Virgin Atlantic are listed at $3,215 per person. Holy cow! That's what I call an incredible difference.

Sometimes EZ Air may not be the best bet for domestic US flights but I am utterly boggled by the amazing price on our international flight. It's literally less than 10% of the cost on other sites.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Knickearth said:

we flew home in November and only had to pay the 25. per bag,. BUT the prices had increased recently on bags but because we booked prior to the date of increase, they honored the original rate.   I believe, if memory serves me right, it was 35. per bag now.

6 hours ago, Thrak said:

You are certainly correct about EZ Air and international flights!  The other day I booked flights for our Northern Lights cruise next October. It's a fairly long flight from SMF (Sacramento, CA) to Heathrow so, even though we will end up flying "cattle class" I still wanted slightly nicer seats so I wanted to book Virgin Atlantic. I booked Virgin Atlantic from SMF to LHR for $307 per person. I checked Cheapo Air, Cheap Flights, etc. and the exact same flights on Virgin Atlantic are listed at $3,215 per person. Holy cow! That's what I call an incredible difference.

Sometimes EZ Air may not be the best bet for domestic US flights but I am utterly boggled by the amazing price on our international flight. It's literally less than 10% of the cost on other sites.

I could have flown from Sacramento to London this past year, but husband thought SFO would be a non stop, and it was with Virgin Atlantic.  That said,. I booked from SFO to Heathrow, then Ft. Lauderdale back to SFO.  I was quoted $476 each roundtrip which I thought was a wonderful price.

Now don't ask why, but two weeks after booking I rechecked and the cruise had dropped 100. each but the airfare dropped to (hold onto your hat) $376. for two.  $188. each PLUS rebooking gave us free gratuities where nothing was given  for the original booking.

So the takeaway is if you have time, meaning the final payment isn't due yet, it pays to check ever other week or even weekly.  The special airfare we got only showed online for 3 days.  Since we saved on air and gratuities and the cruise, we blew $130. on extra legroom.

Hope you have similar luck.  And enjoy your trip.

• Like 1

I could get non-stop from SFO but the price is about the same and parking in San Francisco is expensive whereas I can park for free in Sacramento. :classic_biggrin:  My wife's brother lives in Yuba City. We can drive the 50 minutes to there and he will take us to the airport, drop us off, take our car back to his house, and then pick us up when we get back. If he's busy I can leave the car with my wife's niece in Sacramento and just taxi or Uber to the airport. Even though we have one stop on our flight it's just a short hop from Sacramento to Seattle and then straight through to London from there. I'll definitely be watching the price though.

I may have made a stupid blunder, so I would like confirmation that what  I have been told is correct.

I have a 12 day Princess Alaska land and cruise tour.  My group of six is flying from ORD to ANC and returning from Vancouver.

A month ago I booked our return trip from Vancouver to Ord for 6/29/19.

Yesterday I wanted to add the arrival flight from ORD to ANC for 6/16/19.  I could see that I was not able to add an arrival flight on line.

I called Princess and I was told that I would need to first cancel my current return flight before I could book the ORD to ANC.  I would then need to rebook my departure flight and that I would be required to pay the current rate.

This limitation was certainly not documented.  (Or I missed it)

She suggested I book the arrival independently, which would be at a higher price and not flexible.

Does anyone have experience with this type of situation?

thank you.

If you booked only departure or only return you are not going to be able to add the other flight. You will have to cancel the flight you have booked and start over. You "may" be able to get the same flight as part of that package. Been there, done that. Flights with EZ Air are booked as a package and have to be booked together. I had a departure and return booked and wanted to just change one of them. Nope. They are connected so I had to redo both flights.

3 minutes ago, Thrak said:

If you booked only departure or only return you are not going to be able to add the other flight. You will have to cancel the flight you have booked and start over. You "may" be able to get the same flight as part of that package. Been there, done that. Flights with EZ Air are booked as a package and have to be booked together. I had a departure and return booked and wanted to just change one of them. Nope. They are connected so I had to redo both flights.

Thank you for the quick reply. Lesson learned.

I hope you are feeling better.

On 12/24/2018 at 4:47 PM, silversneakers said:

Flights booked via EZ Air are paid for by Princess.  If you have a Delta AMEX card enter your frequent flyers number in Delta website.  That number will get you first bag free.  I've done it numerous times.