The future of Edge-class?

Fairsky84

12 minutes ago, Oville said:

Thanks Marilyn, I knew you would have the proper answer.

Here are tonight’s entertainers in the various venues (Grand Plaza, Rooftop, The Club and Eden):

Linda Capewell: Guitar and vocalist

Edge Theater Ensemble 

Dos Duo:  Guitar/Piano and vocalist

Asami:  Pianist 

Spectrum:  Band and vocalist

The Free Label:  Band and vocalist

Marco Gnatto:  Pianist

Crystie Jane:  Pianist and vocalist

Revelation at Eden

Nocturnal Glow Party (10:15 Rooftop)

Looks great! The Edge Theater Ensemble is amazing, as well as Dos Duo and Linda. Looks like a lot of variety. Can't wait to hear about the Nocturnal Glow Party - ? will get neon party favors to wear?🙂

3 minutes ago, Fairsky84 said:

Right now, I wouldn’t be surprised if future Edge-class ships have a larger mix of traditional balcony staterooms and fewer IV staterooms. However, don’t expect X to announce that as it would devalue ships like Edge and Apex with mostly IV rooms. My guess is X won’t draw any attention to the fact that Edge 3, 4, or 5 will have fewer IV rooms. We’ll just notice when they open for bookings and the deck plans are published. 

From what I’ve read on this board and others, some people (maybe not a lot) really HATE the IV design. Many think IV is tolerable, but has some drawback. And a bunch think IV rooms are just fine. But I can’t think of anyone who LOVES the IV and insists on having such a cabin in the future. That’s very telling. I don’t think X has really improved on the traditional cruise balcony cabin design.

As someone else said on this tread, the real tell will be if any other lines incorporate IV rooms into their new ships. If the design really is a winner, others will copy it and guests will be willing to pay a premium for it. Until we see that, I think X might be stuck with a less than desirable product. 

Yes, I don’t think they will highly publicise if they do greatly reduce the amount of IVs on future E class ships.

9 hours ago, Silkroad said:

Thanks Katie😊 Hopefully, they’re using unscented fog or haze now. That’s great news about the entertainment! I was disappointed to hear that The Reckless Charms had gone. Have they returned? I hope FCSH pulls it together before we arrive lol. I certainly see mixed reviews of that venue, and we’re well past the initial shake down period.

The ship brought on new acts in San Juan but no Reckless Charms.  We listened to Spectrum for a while pre-dinner last night and they were very good performing a little bit of everything (The 5:00 show was more subdued than the 7:45 slot).

We still haven’t had the window locked.  A heavy shower came through just as we were about to head out to Philipsburg for lunch and that didn’t cause a window lock.

There was a thread a week or so ago about the Edge having a lot of movement while at sea.  It made me nervous as on our last Edge cruise I was a Bonine junky.  I took one before leaving Ft Lauderdale as a precaution. I didn’t need it that night and haven’t taken one since, it’s been smooth sailing.

Katie

Edited by Oville
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I love the IV concept. Love the privacy and being able to use the ENTIRE cabin and veranda space 100% of the time. The amount of space was just right for us. If they make the fixes several have suggested, we would gladly book it again. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Stateroom_Sailor said:

We have a 5th Edge ship now?  

That seems pretty risky when 1/3 of the passengers don't seem to like it.  I would stick with no more than 3 ships, and that's if they're priced correclty.

Where did you find that stat?

21 minutes ago, villauk said:

I presume you have now booked your passage on Edge then, even with the high pricing?

We have also booked...a second  cruise on EDGE, plus APEX too.

We booked what we can afford...Sunset Verandas for Carib cruises.

Edited by hcat
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, villauk said:

I presume you have now booked your passage on Edge then, even with the high pricing?

I like the product, but I am in no hurry to go.  No need to go on the first of class or inaugural year.  That's why I'm hoping they continue with the plan for 4 more of similar ships, so that the price might come down. supply and demand. I think they can drop prices closer to their historic prices and still make good money, so that's where I am hoping their market research was aiming for.  If it stays at the same price... I will probably go eventually anyways.

I understand people who grumble about the price and like the product and it is just out of reach.

What I really don't get is if you don't like the product AND don't like the price?!?! Just go buy something else then?

edit: Like I don't understand when people get upset that the price is too high... "You made something I like that is too popular I can't go!!!"  I can understand more longing and resignation, but like I feel like people are offended at the prices.  Like what, you want them to make something less people like so demand is lower so it's cheaper?

Edited by UnorigionalName
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Fairsky84 said:

Right now, I wouldn’t be surprised if future Edge-class ships have a larger mix of traditional balcony staterooms and fewer IV staterooms. However, don’t expect X to announce that as it would devalue ships like Edge and Apex with mostly IV rooms. My guess is X won’t draw any attention to the fact that Edge 3, 4, or 5 will have fewer IV rooms. We’ll just notice when they open for bookings and the deck plans are published. 

From what I’ve read on this board and others, some people (maybe not a lot) really HATE the IV design. Many think IV is tolerable, but has some drawback. And a bunch think IV rooms are just fine. But I can’t think of anyone who LOVES the IV and insists on having such a cabin in the future. That’s very telling. I don’t think X has really improved on the traditional cruise balcony cabin design.

As someone else said on this tread, the real tell will be if any other lines incorporate IV rooms into their new ships. If the design really is a winner, others will copy it and guests will be willing to pay a premium for it. Until we see that, I think X might be stuck with a less than desirable product. 

In my review I stated that I loved the IV and prefer it to traditional balcony. And since another Edge class ship was ordered, I am sure there are positive financial numbers behind it. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Oville said:

The ship brought on new acts in San Juan but no Reckless Charms.  We listened to Spectrum for a while pre-dinner last night and they were very good performing a little bit of everything (The 5:00 show was more subdued than the 7:45 slot).

We still haven’t had the window locked.  A heavy shower came through just as we were about to head out to Philipsburg for lunch and that didn’t cause a window lock.

There was a thread a week or so ago about the Edge having a lot of movement while at sea.  It made me nervous as on our last Edge cruise I was a Bonine junky.  I took one before leaving Ft Lauderdale as a precaution. I didn’t need it that night and haven’t taken one since, it’s been smooth sailing.

Katie

Katie that was on my sailing so I am glad it was just on that trip as I am looking forward to booking more Edge cruises!

17 minutes ago, Oville said:

Oh, thanks.  You based the 1/3 on 321 CC reviews.

Easily refuted with better data, which I assume you have?

Let's say I posted an inaccurate weather forecast.  Fine, just post the numbers from a credible site, or a screenshot.  If we can't do that, then all we're doing is expressing our feelings, which won't fill up 5+ ships.

20 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

Plus there’s all that tasty pineapple and melon. If only we could convince VT to join us, with some VT maple syrup, breakfast would be perfect😋 

If I send a gallon of syrup to the ship addressed to Ed, Michelle and Suzy, do you think you would get it?😀

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

If I send a gallon of syrup to the ship addressed to Ed, Michelle and Suzy, do you think you would get it?😀

IDk, but it would be so much nicer if you were there too😁 And it would be even better if we could convince Katie to remain aboard too. Can we entice you with a flotilla of perfect Cosmopolitans? 😈

Edited by Silkroad

7 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

IDk, but it would be so much nicer if you were there too😁 And it would be even better if we could convince Katie to remain aboard too. Can we entice you with a flotilla of perfect Cosmopolitans? 😈

I just started packing....see you soon 😉

• Like 1