When did Princess quit including tonic water with the Elite bar set-up?

4cats4me

Currently onboard the Royal.  Tonic water was missing.  We called and they informed us it is no longer included in setup.  Indicated we get 20 items total.  

Truthfully, we’ve never counted.  

We swapped two Perriers for two tonic waters since we never drink Perrier. 

Just surprised they’ve cut tonic water from setup. 

11 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

What did they give you for the set up?  We had tonic water in ours on the 1/13/19 Regal sailing.

They gave us everything except for two cans of tonic 

8 bottles liquor

2 16-oz waters

2 Perriers

2 bottl s beer

6 cans soda pop

In November on the Royal we didn't have tonic water but Diet Coke instead. We've been on other ships since with tonic water so I think it's specific to the Royal. 

It it was different enough I even wrote about it on the blog on November 25...

A note on the mini bar - we had the usual set up when we arrived at the cabin with one exception. Instead of tonic water (which we always return anyway) we had two diet Cokes in their place. Awesome. I always wondered why they added two Cokes but never two diet Cokes.

Edited by idahospud

28 minutes ago, 4cats4me said:

Currently onboard the Royal.  Tonic water was missing.  We called and they informed us it is no longer included in setup.  Indicated we get 20 items total.  

Truthfully, we’ve never counted.  

We swapped two Perriers for two tonic waters since we never drink Perrier. 

Just surprised they’ve cut tonic water from setup. 

some times the lie if out of stock, just came home from Grand - we had it still.  Got off the ship yesterday.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, pris993 said:

some times the lie if out of stock, just came home from Grand - we had it still.  Got off the ship yesterday.

They gave it to us but we had to forfeit two bottles of Perrier, so they definitely aren’t out of it.  Hmm. 

17 minutes ago, idahospud said:

In November on the Royal we didn't have tonic water but Diet Coke instead. We've been on other ships since with tonic water so I think it's specific to the Royal. 

It it was different enough I even wrote about it on the blog on November 25...

A note on the mini bar - we had the usual set up when we arrived at the cabin with one exception. Instead of tonic water (which we always return anyway) we had two diet Cokes in their place. Awesome. I always wondered why they added two Cokes but never two diet Cokes.

We had the Diet Coke, but we always get all that plus tonic water on other ships. 

For years it's been only 20. 

8 liquor

12 things in fridge

Got off Emerald  March 26th still had Tonic.

John if you got 24 you were lucky. Someone made a mistake.

Edited by Belle
  • Like 2

I wish they'd have a better selection of liquor. The Skyy Vodka is the only decent liquor, the rest is terrible. We trade the Beefeater Gin, Cognac, and the Scotch whisky out for the Vodka. If we got Diet Coke it would have to go, the stuff is poison in a can.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pris993 said:

Did you seriously say that they lie if it is out of stock?WTH?!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, pris993 said:

yes, if they are out of stock and they tell they no longer offer, end of issue... 

Odd..I've had them tell me they are out of stock on things. Never caught staff lying. We must have different cruise experiences. From what I've read, that's a good thing. Mine have been 99% great, with only 1% tiny infractions, no cruise breakers. 

Don't know... have over 60 cruises on 9 different lines over past 35 years, so lots of different experiences, staff are very smart, generally way ahead of us cruisers... LOL.    I would not call this an infraction...   More than once have I had a room steward tell us they would be leaving the ship early on the next port, this happens in Europe usually.   An attempt to get extra tips early, because they never left the ship at all, LOL.    So yes, staff to tell white lies somethings, that okay in my book. 

4 hours ago, Belle said:

For years it's been only 20. 

8 liquor

12 things in fridge

Got off Emerald  March 26th still had Tonic.

John if you got 24 you were lucky. Someone made a mistake.

We had 2 diet coke on Cabo, Ruby in Feb and back to Tonic on Emerald Hawaii  as you . I always change the tonic, but found the diet coke a surprise.

3 hours ago, Eaglecw said:

I wish they'd have a better selection of liquor. The Skyy Vodka is the only decent liquor, the rest is terrible. We trade the Beefeater Gin, Cognac, and the Scotch whisky out for the Vodka. If we got Diet Coke it would have to go, the stuff is poison in a can.

I like the Cognac....I also like the Sky blue bottle.

6 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

So there was a thread/post on CC in the last month or 2 that said they were giving 24 items in the mini bar.

So now it is down to 20?   🙁

Based on what several people have posted from the Royal over the past couple  weeks,  it seems that the Royal has its own special way of doing things, especially Passenger Services, who deem everyone guilty until proven innocent. I haven’t had to deal with them so far, thank goodness, but our Live From OP has had issues, as well as the Live From poster two weeks ago, pre purchased items which weren’t delivered until much later, after having to jump through hoops. Absolutely unacceptable.  

Other than that, everything has been wonderful, except for the CONSTANT in your face advertising of Medallion plastered inside elevators. Tacky. Tacky Las Vegassy.  

Advertising this new craft cocktail thing in the piazza bar with video screens and demonstrations every evening

kind of ruins the evening ambience when bartender gets on PA system explaining how drinks are made.  

I think that belongs in a daytime atrium demo, not in the evening 😏

• Like 1

We had tonic on the Emerald this past Feb/Mar. It was delivered as part of the 6 cans of soda. We traded it for Coke. Sometimes room service runs out of certain products so you receive a substitute. They receive new supplies on turn around day. A few days later they have replacements.

1 hour ago, AF-1 said:

Caribbean Princess had tonic in frig setup. Oh this was Feb 2019

was the mini bar in your room when you boarded , show up later, or did you have to be there since alcohol was

included ?

1 minute ago, voljeep said:

was the mini bar in your room when you boarded , show up later, or did you have to be there since alcohol was

included ?

It's in the room upon boarding.  I think I have had one sailing when they brought it in shortly after we boarded.

• Thanks 1