Equinox Revolution

Islandbuoy

On 4/28/2019 at 2:38 AM, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

As someone booked on the 2nd cruise after dry dock I would be extremely upset.  I had no idea Equinox was going to dry dock when I booked. 

Agreed. I booked what was advertised as a Revolutionized Ship for February. I had debated switching to Edge, but was staying with Equinox for a couple of reasons but the Revolutionizing was a big part. Now I might as well switch to a legit new ship rather than a fake “we only did a little that only the 1% will see” refit. 😞  Or better yet, take my business to another line.

I think they will end up making a LOT more people upset by only doing a portion of the promised stuff than they would by cancelling cruises. That would be a couple of weeks’ worth (and a risk you know you take when you book the first few cruises out of drydock) of people, true. But look at the months of people after who were promised a fully Revolutionized ship who aren’t getting it. 

22 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Canceling isn't unheard of in this situation, as I believe Oasis canceled several sailings.

Oasis was in dry dock for azipod repairs.  Several months ago they determined that they were coming up to their "duty cycle" for a lack of better term, so they cancelled a couple of sailings since the drydock was available.  The original plan was to do two more Caribbean cruises, then do a revenue transatlantic cruise, and start sailing the Med for the summer.  At the end of the she would going the regular maintenance/inspection dry dock.  Plus they were doing RCCL version of the revitalization and preping the smoke stacks for when she sails out of New York.

Between the azipod issue and the amount damage done to the Aqua Theater portion of the ship which include damage to several balconies, they really recourse to cancel the 2 Caribbean and turn the TA trip into a non-revenue trip.

After reading all of this it seems like everyone is getting upset and nothing has even happened yet. Yes, I would be upset and disappointed if my cruise was cancelled, but this whole thread has piggy backed off of one person saying that the Equinox will dry dock in Spain and a lot of stuff won’t be done. The OP said that was what they were told and I believe what they say, but I also know someone that was just on the Equinox and asked the same question and was told that the full refit would be done and no cruises would be canceled. It’s the very opposite from what the OP was told. I guess instead of fearing for the worst I would hope for the best and wait to see what Celebrity has to say. Many people might be getting all upset about their cruise getting cancelled when it might not even happen at all!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Purplsmurf said:

After reading all of this it seems like everyone is getting upset and nothing has even happened yet. Yes, I would be upset and disappointed if my cruise was cancelled, but this whole thread has piggy backed off of one person saying that the Equinox will dry dock in Spain and a lot of stuff won’t be done. The OP said that was what they were told and I believe what they say, but I also know someone that was just on the Equinox and asked the same question and was told that the full refit would be done and no cruises would be canceled. It’s the very opposite from what the OP was told. I guess instead of fearing for the worst I would hope for the best and wait to see what Celebrity has to say. Many people might be getting all upset about their cruise getting cancelled when it might not even happen at all!

That would make sense, but it’s the internet.

16 minutes ago, Purplsmurf said:

I guess instead of fearing for the worst I would hope for the best and wait to see what Celebrity has to say. Many people might be getting all upset about their cruise getting cancelled when it might not even happen at all!

This thread is actually a mirror of what happens in the world outside of Celebrity when people lack information and rumors and "fake news" come in to fill the gaps.  That is why Celebrity should exercise a little transparency and step  in to tell its customers what the real news is.

Edited by nicknack
typo
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, nicknack said:

This thread is actually a mirror of what happens in the world outside of Celebrity when people lack information and rumors and "fake news" come in to fill the gaps.  That is why Celebrity should exercise a little transparency and step  in to tell its customers what the real news is.

Agree on the need for transparency. If they know much of the changes cannot be done , they shud say so. Offer free cancellation to any feeling cheated.

I'm sure that there is a project manager that has a detailed timeline of what will be done . 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Islandbuoy said:

Agree on the need for transparency. If they know much of the changes cannot be done , they shud say so. Offer free cancellation to any feeling cheated.

I'm sure that there is a project manager that has a detailed timeline of what will be done . 

Agreed on the need for transparency as well. They probably should have started with telling the officers on Equinox not to say anything about it until they had a press release of what was going to happen. It’s not like hearsay being spread over the internet is new, and even on this thread we have someone on here reporting that officers said one thing and someone else reporting second hand that they heard another from officers.

• Like 1

If the crew is saying they are going to Cadiz....I would say they know where they will be in a couple weeks. As to the cancellation of sailings....that just seemed to spin from nowhere. No one was told they are cancelling sailings. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, bajathree said:

If the crew is saying they are going to Cadiz....I would say they know where they will be in a couple weeks. As to the cancellation of sailings....that just seemed to spin from nowhere. No one was told they are cancelling sailings. 

But on here someone else said they heard (granted second hand) from someone who was on Equinox who said things are as scheduled. So apparently even crew does not have all the information. It is like that telephone game without something like a gag order until official information is released to the public.

I also just got off the Equinox on Sat.  I was on a small tour with 6 guests and 1 officer.  We were asking questions and told that yes, it was going to Spain for dry dock, so with travel time, the dock time would be considerable less.  She said crew would be working around the clock on the interior upgrades while traveling and the exterior stuff once in Spain.  She said some things were not going to be done at this time, but not to worry, she would be looking great and ready to sail.  So I guess we wait and see how much they can get accomplished.  There was no talk of cancelling any cruises.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I will just say this. I just looked at every future Equionox sailing from June 1 into 2021....and they have The Reflection Suite and Signature suite categories closed. Find it hard to believe those new suites (which are supposed be going into the Observation Lounge) would be sold out on every sailing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bajathree said:

I will just say this. I just looked at every future Equionox sailing from June 1 into 2021....and they have The Reflection Suite and Signature suite categories closed. Find it hard to believe those new suites (which are supposed be going into the Observation Lounge) would be sold out on every sailing.

Interesting. We are booked for August and I’ve been watching Suite prices closely as I’d love to upgrade, just not at current prices 😂 All Signature Suites and the Reflection Suite were available but then suddenly overnight those categories showed as Sold Out. Humm....

• Like 2

Fingers crossed for the outdoor movie theater....I'm hoping they do this at it would benefit everyone....

If I was celebrity, I would have a team of workers working around the clock.....yes, invest more money in work force to ensure everything is done. Many people will be upset if the "revolution" doesn't completely happen and can be a PR disaster....May be wiser to double down and get more workers going 24-7 once they are docked....if that is even a choice....

My best guess from reading everything.....no cruises will be cancelled, but not everything will be done.....My fingers are crossed for that outdoor movie theater though.....

1 hour ago, CPCruiser4Life said:

Fingers crossed for the outdoor movie theater....I'm hoping they do this at it would benefit everyone....

If I was celebrity, I would have a team of workers working around the clock.....yes, invest more money in work force to ensure everything is done. Many people will be upset if the "revolution" doesn't completely happen and can be a PR disaster....May be wiser to double down and get more workers going 24-7 once they are docked....if that is even a choice....

My best guess from reading everything.....no cruises will be cancelled, but not everything will be done.....My fingers are crossed for that outdoor movie theater though.....

While you can throw more bodies into getting things done, if the needed supplies are not available, then the additional work force will be sitting around twiddling there thumbs.  And vice a versa.

12 minutes ago, gatour said:

While you can throw more bodies into getting things done, if the needed supplies are not available, then the additional work force will be sitting around twiddling there thumbs.  And vice a versa.

True....I'm really just FAKE NEWS making a complete guess in the dark on what is happening. Seems like an issue like this....money could solve it, but like you said, I could be 100% wrong. 

14 hours ago, bajathree said:

Maybe they are  the areas that won't be ready or will be worked on during the cruise??  But that could be disruptive or noisy ??

On 4/29/2019 at 6:10 AM, Mr&MrsBee said:

Glad we cancelled  the June 8 cruise once we found out all excursions had been booked by two groups including the Pied Pipers.   From now we try find out what groups are sailing and avoid them.  Rather difficult with LLP setting the direction of Celebrity.

We prefer not sailing with large groups and wish they would do full charters, but groups  often do their own set of  excursions

.  How could they book all the excursions  if they were open to everyone?

24 minutes ago, hcat said:

Maybe they are  the areas that won't be ready or will be worked on during the cruise??  But that could be disruptive or noisy ??

Not unheard of to have some construction going on during sailings....however these 2 categories are showing completely closed to booking on EVERY future Equinox sailing out there thats currently available right into 2021. Makes me wonder that maybe the addition of those new suites is questionable.

Edited by bajathree
  • Like 1

It takes a lot of looking into.  For example I noticed all excursions were booked  many months  head of time.  Celebrity people were of no help.  Typically since LLP took over.  By accident I found a comments by the Pied Piper group.  Pursuing forward  I looked for cruise charters.  There I found several companies specializing in specific cruises, namely Atlantis, Pied Piers and Vayva.  Then going forward I found remarks by LLP of her intentions and ideas about cruising.  Put it altogether and draw your own conclusion.

8 minutes ago, Mr&MrsBee said:

It takes a lot of looking into.  For example I noticed all excursions were booked  many months  head of time.  Celebrity people were of no help.  Typically since LLP took over.  By accident I found a comments by the Pied Piper group.  Pursuing forward  I looked for cruise charters.  There I found several companies specializing in specific cruises, namely Atlantis, Pied Piers and Vayva.  Then going forward I found remarks by LLP of her intentions and ideas about cruising.  Put it altogether and draw your own conclusion.

I also try to avoid cruise with large groups, but I cannot find any indication of large groups on the June 8 cruise through a google search and that usually works well for me.