Lobster Tails

1 minute ago, Host Clarea said:

The "free" lobster tails are normally served in the MDR on the second formal night.

Oddly enough,  on the Oasis (I know not the Allure but), two weeks ago we never had lobster in the main dining room at all. We met someone that ate at the Windjammer and they said they had lobster the second formal night. I said to my wife, they were likely prawns..... in the morning, my son and DIL said they went to the windjammer after dinner and had lobster! Go figure!

31 minutes ago, prince34 said:

Hi,

On the cruise ship Allure will they be serving Lobster Tails in the main dining room also crab legs in the buffet?

Thanks

prince34

Every Oasis class ship we have been on has also served split tails in the Windjammer on one of the formal nights. We have late seating and my son has several plates of tails at 6pm in the Windjammer and then 3 or 4 at 8:30 dinner.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, above sea level cruiser said:

Oddly enough,  on the Oasis (I know not the Allure but), two weeks ago we never had lobster in the main dining room at all. We met someone that ate at the Windjammer and they said they had lobster the second formal night. I said to my wife, they were likely prawns..... in the morning, my son and DIL said they went to the windjammer after dinner and had lobster! Go figure!

Generally no lobster night when in Europe 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, matj2000 said:

Cruise ship Lobster = Amateur 

You can purchase better ones at the grocery store for $4.99

Show me a store where you can purchase a decent lobster for 4.99.

• Like 4

It's a bit surprising that on cruises, there is really very little GOOD seafood...but it's the truth!  RCI doesn't do crab legs.  And the lobster tails are warm water lobsters, generally.  Sometimes, there will be small cold water tails, and I'm pretty sure the "uncharge" ones are cold-water.....

9 minutes ago, RCCL Fan said:

I read somewhere that they're also only on 7-night cruises.   We booked a 5-night recently and was disappointed to learn we may not get lobster.

They are served on the 2nd formal night.  A 5 night cruise only has one formal night, so unfortunately you will not have lobster served on that cruise unless you pay for it.

23 hours ago, matj2000 said:

While you are there, you might as well pick up drinks. Memorial Day sale, domestic beer $.58 per bottle, tax included. It should be the same beer you get on the ship for $7.10 per bottle, including gratuity. Maybe not though, for that price it should be a special brew.

12 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

While you are there, you might as well pick up drinks. Memorial Day sale, domestic beer $.58 per bottle, tax included. It should be the same beer you get on the ship for $7.10 per bottle, including gratuity. Maybe not though, for that price it should be a special brew.

Where are you getting $7 12 packs?🍺

18 hours ago, Russ Lomas said:

They are served on the 2nd formal night.  A 5 night cruise only has one formal night, so unfortunately you will not have lobster served on that cruise unless you pay for it.

They used to be served on the 5 night cruises.  They would use the second formal night menu on night 4 but it wasn’t formal.  

On 5/22/2019 at 4:36 PM, matj2000 said:

I definitely agree with the first statement.  Not sure about the second one.

On 5/22/2019 at 4:06 PM, ReneeFLL said:

Show me a store where you can purchase a decent lobster for 4.99.

The Whole Foods by me often has tails for around that price on sale (at least once every other month). It's fine, but it's nothing special. No Maine lobster by any means.