Most amount of time in Bermuda?

I posted this on the Bermuda forum as well. This question is prompted by a thread on the Royal Caribbean boards. Without researching each cruise line/ itinerary individually, does anyone know which cruise line and from which departure port would offer the longest amount of port time in Bermuda? Or a good site where I can find the information? Thanks!

Celebrity offers a 7-night itinerary with 3 days in Bermuda with one of the earlier arrival times in Bermuda on day 1 and one of the later departure times on day 3 departing out of Port Liberty (Bayonne) NJ, which is a very convenient and efficient port.

NCL offers a similar itinerary out of NYC and Boston.

Until 2016 RCI offered a similar itinerary out of Baltimore, but they no longer offer anything with 3 night itineraries in Bermuda.  They now offer 5-night cruises out of Bayonne and Baltimore that offer 2 days in Bermuda.  (They have longer itineraries out of Bayonne to the Caribbean that have a 1 day port of call in Bermuda) 

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, superduper123 said:

I posted this on the Bermuda forum as well. This question is prompted by a thread on the Royal Caribbean boards. Without researching each cruise line/ itinerary individually, does anyone know which cruise line and from which departure port would offer the longest amount of port time in Bermuda? Or a good site where I can find the information? Thanks!

NCL

• Like 1

2 hours ago, superduper123 said:

I believe that HAL is the only cruise line that currently docks on Front St and is in port close to3 days.

I was on a Cunard ship from NY to Bermuda which spent 3 full days there.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I believe that HAL is the only cruise line that currently docks on Front St and is in port close to3 days.

Did you like Cunard line?

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

I believe that HAL no longer has Bermuda itineraries . Sad , as they had a ship that could dock at all 3 Bermuda ports like the old days of Bermuda cruising from NYC.

43 minutes ago, cb at sea said:

Why not just fly there, and take a land vacation, if Bermuda is where you want to be?

Well,  I don't know but I'll take a stab at it - and I'm just guessing here - but this is Cruise Critic and the OP did ask about cruises that spend the most time in Bermuda, so maybe they would rather take a cruise there to enjoy all that that offers then take a land vacation there.  Maybe??

Really CB??

Edited by leaveitallbehind

9 hours ago, cb at sea said:

Why not just fly there, and take a land vacation, if Bermuda is where you want to be?

I think it is far more economical to cruise there - you can easily cruise there for about $250-$300/day (in an inside) that will include your transportation, accommodations and food...where that will likely only get you a hotel room on the island.

You can see a lot in 2.5 days if you pick the right itinerary, and whatever is missed means you get to plan another trip back.

29 minutes ago, msmayor said:

I think it is far more economical to cruise there - you can easily cruise there for about $250-$300/day (in an inside) that will include your transportation, accommodations and food...where that will likely only get you a hotel room on the island.

You can see a lot in 2.5 days if you pick the right itinerary, and whatever is missed means you get to plan another trip back.

Right, food costs alone can be outrageous.

17 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

Go to www.cruisetimetables.com and from the Ports of Call list, choose Bermuda (Kings Wharf).  It will tell you who is calling and their itineraries including times in port.  EM

By only looking at "Kings Wharf" (not the correct name by the way...it should be Royal Naval Dockyard...Kings Wharf is only one of the two piers there) you're going to miss some of the cruises staying the longest in Bermuda such as on the Oceania Insignia. which docks in Hamilton and St. George.

Better to look at the official port schedule, which can be found here: http://www.marineandports.bm/Documents/Shipping_schedules/YR%20%202019%20Cruise%20Ship%20Schedule%20pdf.pdf  . It doesn't go beyond this year but it will give a general idea of which cruise lines offer the longest stays in Bermuda.

• Like 1

RCI has recently had 7 night cruises from Port Liberty (Newark, NJ) and Boston to Bermuda.

I think, 3 nights in Bermuda.  Arrive one day, next two full days, depart the day after.

1 hour ago, SRF said:

RCI has recently had 7 night cruises from Port Liberty (Newark, NJ) and Boston to Bermuda.

I think, 3 nights in Bermuda.  Arrive one day, next two full days, depart the day after.

No...Royal Caribbean's cruises from Cape Liberty on the Anthem of the Seas stay at most one night in Bermuda. Some don't even have an overnight stay. 

As has already been stated, Celebrity Summit from Cape Liberty,  NCL Escape from NY and NCL Gem from Boston offer the longest stays at the Royal Naval Dockyard and Oceania Insignia from NY has longer stays in St. George and Hamilton.

No need to guess. Just refer to the official port schedule. I'll repost the link: http://www.marineandports.bm/Documents/Shipping_schedules/YR%20%202019%20Cruise%20Ship%20Schedule%20pdf.pdf

Edited by njhorseman

46 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

No...Royal Caribbean's cruises from Cape Liberty on the Anthem of the Seas stay at most one night in Bermuda. Some don't even have an overnight stay. 

As has already been stated, Celebrity Summit from Cape Liberty,  NCL Escape from NY and NCL Gem from Boston offer the longest stays at the Royal Naval Dockyard and Oceania Insignia from NY has longer stays in St. George and Hamilton.

You are correct with this as I mentioned previously.  The RCI 7-night,  3-day stay cruises were on Grandeur out of Baltimore, which were discontinued in 2016.  I know this as this was an itinerary and ship we enjoyed previously, and with the change in schedule, moved to Celebrity Summit out of Bayonne for their 7-night, 3-day stay itineraries.

I know I have seen them in the past couple of years out of Cape Liberty and Boston.

One of the ones out of Newark was on the Going, Going, Gone sale at a super price.

I considering doing it, as I an like 5 nights short of Diamond.

2 hours ago, SRF said:

I know I have seen them in the past couple of years out of Cape Liberty and Boston.

One of the ones out of Newark was on the Going, Going, Gone sale at a super price.

I considering doing it, as I an like 5 nights short of Diamond.

Royal Caribbean hasn't done it for a few years from Cape Liberty...at a minimum since the Anthem started doing Bermuda cruises from Cape Liberty in 2016...and something in the back of my mind tells me it could have been even earlier.

HAL did the longer port calls from Boston in some years and NY in others, but no longer does.

45 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

Royal Caribbean hasn't done it for a few years from Cape Liberty...at a minimum since the Anthem started doing Bermuda cruises from Cape Liberty in 2016...and something in the back of my mind tells me it could have been even earlier.

HAL did the longer port calls from Boston in some years and NY in others, but no longer does.

Go back a few posts and read my responses regarding this. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/14/2019 at 9:36 PM, cb at sea said:

OP never said that Bermuda is the ONLY place he/she wants to be: just how to spend the most time possible there while still on a cruise.  Do you really think the OP is so obtuse that they couldn't figure out to book a land trip to Bermuda if that is what they wanted?

19 minutes ago, Harley52 said:

Cunard is sailing to Bermuda in 2020 from New York

Why bother even mentioning that cruise? It's not even in port overnight. The OP specifically asked for cruises with the LONGEST stays in Bermuda..