Valuables during Excursions

If you are referring to going to a beach. Leave everything in your room safe other than what you must take. Your room card and drivers license. A charge car. cash in a zip lock bag. Keep those in your swim suit. As for clothes and towels. There should be no reason not to leave them on the beach chair.

That's easy.  We don't take valuables on excursions. We leave them in the safe. Aside from our cameras.  If we want to use shore WiFi,  we go ashore either before or after the excursion to use our phone or tablet. There's usually a free WiFi spot nearby. If you can't bear to be separated from your phone, buy a waterproof case on amazon and wear it in the water with you.

1 hour ago, crop til ya drop said:

Some of the Excursions I'm looking at look like they offer lockers to store your valuables in, but not all of that have mentioned that.  What do you do with your valuables otherwise during excursions?

Leave them on the ship. Too many people seem to take the kitchen sink with them when they go ashore.

I wear a waterproof pouch (assuming you are referring to water activities) around my neck that fits phone, a little cash, credit card, ship card and ID. There are plenty of options on Amazon but honestly I found one at Wal Mart that works great too. I've also worn this same pouch while zipling and doing other non water activities  that required us to leave items behind.

Depending on the excursion, we may also bring a small backpack or tote to carry a few things like a water bottle, beach towel..etc... We don't keep anything of real value in that though and would be comfortable leaving it on the beach, in a locker..etc..if needed.

Edited by tak81288

50 minutes ago, JimnKaren said:

One valuable that you must remember to take with you on any excursion is a smile!

Jim

And through most of life.  It's amazing what a smile can provoke.

I assume you are referring to excursions that include swimming. We only bring valuables if someone doesn’t plan on swimming. Otherwise we leave phones and things like that in our room. We have a waterproof case that we bring for cash and cards that we wear while swimming.

If you're on say, a snorkel excursion via boat...leave your stuff ON THE BOAT!  Don't bring your pricey phones.  Don't bring tons of cash or all your credit cards!  Bring ONLY what you need....

If hubby has a velcro pocket on swim trunks, your id's, credit card and ship's keys can go in there.  They are plastic and CAN get wet!  So can cash, if you are too paranoid to leave it in the pocket of your shorts or in a tote.