Caribbean Princess starting on July 27

CruiseVA

8 minutes ago, voljeep said:

are you at a 2-top?  if so, tell your waiter(s) and they may be able to reduce the time between courses...

we were in and out one time , on a 'formal night' in about 1 hour

Not planning on a 2 top. Requested to be at a table for 6. On our last cruise we started as a group 12 traveling together (big mistake). We had an excellent server but some in the group took a long time to decide what to order. We and another couple stayed in the Palm, letting our server know that we wanted to make it to the shows and did not have an issue, the others went to the Coral and stand with anytime after the second night. We have almost a year at sea on Princess and pretty much know the menu and have our favorites.

Edited by Mapu

23 hours ago, MissP22 said:

I'll bet the cutoff for the MT function is on the high side this cruise. :classic_biggrin:

Where do you get the info regarding number of levels on the ship...we board on August 9th

thanks,

eclue

11 hours ago, rdsqrl said:

Medallion update:  I continue to have a long pause before the screen recognizes me and deigns to unlock my door.  At dinner, the assistant waiter was unable to sell me a bottle of wine and had to resort to a written ticket.  And, most pressingly, I have been so far unable to buy laundry tokens with the medallion, which the computer fails to recognize when presented and pressed upon the blue circle; instead defaulting back to the "Welcome; Pick a Language screen."  I'm meeting my cousin out for lunch at Per Se in Manhattan tomorrow; I may ask if we can instead lunch in her flat so that I can do a load of laundry. . .   

If your Medallion isn’t working correctly, why don’t you go to the PSD and request a new one? You can also request a cruise card to use in lieu of the OM. 

Edited by Crzn-Life

11 minutes ago, eclue said:

Where do you get the info regarding number of levels on the ship...we board on August 9th

thanks,

eclue

The Captain's Circle Host usually mentions it at the Captain's Circle Party. I have also heard, no always, the CD mention the numbers during the welcome aboard show. You could also ask at the Captain's Circle desk. I never saw the numbers actually published.

1 hour ago, eclue said:

thanks,

eclue

They always announce the numbers at the repeaters party and as skynight posted, sometimes at the welcome show.

One time on the CB the Capt Circle host printed out a sheet & displayed it on her desk for everyone to see. I suppose it did cut sown on the number of questions during the cruise.

She mentioned that she might not do it again. (not sure why)?

If you want the cutoff for the MT function you'll still have to ask directly. 

2 hours ago, Mapu said:

Not planning on a 2 top. Requested to be at a table for 6. On our last cruise we started as a group 12 traveling together (big mistake). We had an excellent server but some in the group took a long time to decide what to order. We and another couple stayed in the Palm, letting our server know that we wanted to make it to the shows and did not have an issue, the others went to the Coral and stand with anytime after the second night. We have almost a year at sea on Princess and pretty much know the menu and have our favorites.

That often happens at large tables as well as lots of talking which slows down the whole group.

The waiter never pushes anyone & will serve each course only as fast as the slowest eater.

Just a quick question if you have a chance....

we’ve not sailed on Princess for a while and have a Canada/New England cruise coming up in September.  On the last few we purchased a wine package, several levels, is that still available?  If so, do we purchase onboard, which would be fine as we have OBC.  I don’t see it in our cruise planner, only see single bottles of wine available to pre-purchase.  

Thanks in advance.  Have a wonderful time.

Can anyone snap some photos of the fitness center for me.  Some of the free weights and machines.

And also the World Market.  Some of the food choices, meats, fruits, desserts..  And some of the seating.

Also, a few of the Piazza. Maybe from above, looking down, and then from floor level.

That'd be wonderful. Whenever you have time.  Thanks in advance.

Edited by FloaterBoat
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, suspaul said:

we’ve not sailed on Princess for a while and have a Canada/New England cruise coming up in September.  On the last few we purchased a wine package, several levels, is that still available?  If so, do we purchase onboard, which would be fine as we have OBC.  I don’t see it in our cruise planner, only see single bottles of wine available to pre-purchase.  

Wine packages will be available the first night. You can’t pre-purchase.

Good news for a change!

Sabatini’s last night was very good, even though our waiter had to deal with 5 tables all being seated at the same time. He thanked us for being patient.

My wife lost her medallion while schlepping through NYC today, and we only had a slight delay re-boarding because of this. Guest services had a new medallion ready for her in mere minutes. 

• Haha 1

The Brooklyn ferry port was right next to the ship and very easy to use. We had previously downloaded the app and purchased our tickets online - a real bonus when the crowds descended en masse this morning. I’d definitely recommend this if you intend to visit the 9/11 Memorial.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, villauk said:

The Brooklyn ferry port was right next to the ship and very easy to use. We had previously downloaded the app and purchased our tickets online - a real bonus when the crowds descended en masse this morning. I’d definitely recommend this if you intend to visit the 9/11 Memorial.

The best $2.50 I ever spent! Glad to hear that it worked out for you too. There is only one ticket vending machine at the Brooklyn ferry port, and the line was extremely long. Purchasing he tickets on the app helped us to avoid the long wait. We even helped someone who was waiting in line with downloading the app, setting up an account and purchasing tickets.

• Like 1

On 7/24/2019 at 10:15 PM, CruiseVA said:

Hopefully there will be a few of us posting "live" from the Caribbean Princess as we sail from Fort Lauderdale to Quebec City starting on July 27.

I looks forward to you review we are looking to do this cruise in summer 2021.  It would be our first princess cruise. 

Edited by K922

1 minute ago, suspaul said:

Thank you Maps for taking the time to respond.  Available in the atrium or via mdr servers?  TIA

Main dining room servers.has been my experience.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, suspaul said:

We purchased the 12 bottle wine package on the first day from the person trying to sell us the wine tasting. We have the gold package which allows us 12 bottles for $336 plus 18% tip. We can pick any bottle up to a value of $45. If more, we pay the difference. They give you a card with 12 punches. You must have this card with you. For all the electronic updates, it seems like they could update this too! All the wines we have had so far have be great!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, villauk said:

Here is a picture from our balcony. Shows how close it is. Ditto the comment about buying tickets online. My only beef was with the people jumping the line. We were near the front and those buying their tickets would just hover around and not get in the line of those with tickets!

5FCA666E-758A-49C5-9617-EF7184769E73.jpeg

The CB seems to going under an identity crisis.  Stuck between young families with it's newly revamped Deck 17 and older cruisers. They're also not using Skywalker's Lounge for Elite / Suite dining. That's been relegated to Fusion .... again underutilized 

For instance: I've never seen a Piazza so underutilized before. No music or lectures. It's as if they're concerned about waking those who need to go to bed by 9. There are 2 (yes just 2) strings onboard and winds are limited to backing up a show. Still cannot find Dixie.  Jazz popped up for the first time last night. Static is great, as usual, but they are part timers here. 

The 1st show "Bravo" was excellent..... so good there was a repeat show at 1pm the following day.

Stopped counting at 11 empty seats at last night's 9:15 show. 

At "meet the crew" in the lobby I asked the ED "why?" And was told to let corporate know.  Like I needed encouragement to do that 😶

I'm sitting in the IC listening to fellow cruisers complain about the Caribbean Music (it's Kpop not Caribbean LOL). So is that age the new target market? Am I on the wrong line?

Hope Royal to Cabo in October is more lively

Edited by Ombud

6 minutes ago, Ombud said:

The CB seems to going under an identity crisis.  Stuck between young families with it's newly revamped Deck 17 and older cruisers. 

For instance: I've never seen a Piazza so underutilized before. No music or lectures. It's as if they're concerned about waking those who need to go to bed by 9. There are 2 (yes just 2) strings onboard and winds are limited to backing up a show. Still cannot find Dixie.  Jazz popped up for the first time last night. Static is great, as usual, but they are part timers here. 

The 1st show "Bravo" was excellent..... so good there was a repeat show at 1pm the following day.

Stopped counting at 11 empty seats at last night's 9:15 show. 

At "meet the crew" in the lobby I asked the ED "why?" And was told to let corporate know.  Like I needed encouragement to do that 😶

I'm sitting in the IC listening to fellow cruisers complain about the Caribbean Music (it's Kpop not Caribbean LOL). So is that age the new target market? Am I on the wrong line?

Hope Royal to Cabo in October is more lively

What was last night’s show?

47 minutes ago, Mapu said:

What was last night’s show?

Salute to Broadway and totally worth it

Go to Crooners if you want music ... they still have it but sometimes it's really REALLY old but not classical ..... like 50s or 60s

• Like 1

16 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

Ask the Captain’s Circle rep

I was thinking you had that info ahead of boarding - that was my question..

I do know that the info is available onboard - we just disembarked from the Star Princess from Alaska and were invited to the MT party - it was lovely.....maybe we will be invited to the one on this next trip....we shall see.

thanks...