Insane prices for Oasis class ships in the Summer!

12 hours ago, Judyrem said:

Right now on RCCL's site. July 11, 2020 for balcony  4763$ with a room on Deck 6.

I would take a screen shot, but don't know how to post it😬

JUL 112020

SATJUL 182020

TOTAL$4,763.14 USDTaxes & Fees

Going on a 12 night Mediterranean in a month for less than that. I’ll stick with my interior smaller ships.

• Like 1

Enough customers are willing to pay a premium for Oasis class at the rates they're charging, why would they lower the prices.

Every time we price something on Freedom/Explorer/Radiance class ships, we're so happy that we like them better than the big ones anyway.  It's almost like getting a BOGO cruise :classic_tongue:

Edited by bouhunter
  • Like 3

Watch the prices when the next "sale" goes in effect.  I feel the current one has inflated prices.  

I'm watching the prices on some Oasis class cruises next summer and the current sale bumped up the prices considerably.  

Example:  Jul 5 - 12 Harmony Western Caribbean out of Port Canaveral

Ocean View (OV) Balcony:

$3,563 on 7-15

$4,298 on 7-30   (note:  "We pick your room" is $3,458)

The above are for "You pick your room" as I don't like to be assigned a room.  The prices change a lot for each sale between the "We pick" and "You pick".  Sometimes "You pick" are cheaper than "We pick".  

If you can travel outside of the busy / high price times there are always good deals on Oasis class ships to be found.  We booked last month an OV balcony on Oasis for December 2020 for $1,576 for the two of us.  

• Like 1

I don't like to take her out of school, I understand the rationale of RCCL.  There don't seem to be many smaller ships doing the 

Caribbean.  We do take her out of school for our annual Disney trip, but that is the only time.

She really LOVED the Oasis class ship, so much to do for a child!

I don't want a "we pick" either.

BTW, I checked out the "mini suite" on NCL and they were not very large or suite like in any form.😐

I think it will be a waiting game for me.  I bought our last cruise on Harmony and it was in Feb for a July sailing for much less money.

If all things fail, we will go some Caribbean island for a week!

Edited by Judyrem

31 minutes ago, thrifty99 said:

Watch the prices when the next "sale" goes in effect.  I feel the current one has inflated prices.  

I'm watching the prices on some Oasis class cruises next summer and the current sale bumped up the prices considerably.  

Example:  Jul 5 - 12 Harmony Western Caribbean out of Port Canaveral

Ocean View (OV) Balcony:

$3,563 on 7-15

$4,298 on 7-30   (note:  "We pick your room" is $3,458)

The above are for "You pick your room" as I don't like to be assigned a room.  The prices change a lot for each sale between the "We pick" and "You pick".  Sometimes "You pick" are cheaper than "We pick".  

If you can travel outside of the busy / high price times there are always good deals on Oasis class ships to be found.  We booked last month an OV balcony on Oasis for December 2020 for $1,576 for the two of us.  

With RCCL there are no "sales".  Ever.  Unless you believe they have a "sale" 365 year round.  There is just today's price.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Judyrem said:

I don't like to take her out of school, I understand the rationale of RCCL.  There don't seem to be many smaller ships doing the 

Caribbean.  We do take her out of school for our annual Disney trip, but that is the only time.

She really LOVED the Oasis class ship, so much to do for a child!

I don't want a "we pick" either.

BTW, I checked out the "mini suite" on NCL and they were not very large or suite like in any form.😐

I think it will be a waiting game for me.  I bought our last cruise on Harmony and it was in Feb for a July sailing for much less money.

If all things fail, we will go some Caribbean island for a week!

Keep looking, the deals are out there.  Symphony July 18 2020 Category 8D refundable $3226 taxes inc.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Judyrem said:

What does an exclusive negotiated rate mean?

It's a group rate..means that the TA blocked out a group of rooms.  They get pricing on those rooms at the prevailing rate when they blocked out the rooms which usually means they can lock in a lower cabin cost.  Plus it takes those rooms out of the inventory which drives up supply-and-demand based pricing.  I think it's the 120 day out mark that the TAs have to give back the unsold rooms but the TA can offer those rates as long as they still have the rooms left in their block.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Prices have nothing to do with paying for Coco Cay or ships, it's all about what people are willing to pay.

With the ships sailing at 100%+ capacity, there is no shortage of people willing to pay those prices.

• Like 1

Prices are still very reasonable if you don't travel in the summer. Take the kids out of school for a week and just go. Lord knows they'll get a better education at sea these days.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Paelos said:

Prices are still very reasonable if you don't travel in the summer. Take the kids out of school for a week and just go. Lord knows they'll get a better education at sea these days.

LOL

10 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

With the ships sailing at 100%+ capacity, there is no shortage of people willing to pay those prices.

There also appears to be no shortage of people willing to pay $1300 for a cabana!😱

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Families want those ships and summer is the time families travel, so there's a high demand with a static supply. Add in to that a very strong US economy and more disposable income for travel, and boom...higher prices.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, molly361 said:

It's not just the Symphony and not just the summer.  Mariner prices for November/early December are crazy as well.  Over $900 for an inside for 3 nights and around $1250 and up for a balcony.  

Wow, over $300.00 for an inside room? I'm surprised people will pay that much. 

15 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

You can't mention TA and what they posted is from a TA site.

14 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

I was talking about the other posts that have all the TA stuff in it.  This will all poof soon I am sure.  🙂 

I only see prices and no TA info about who they are. Are you actually seeing the TA name?

29 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

I only see prices and no TA info about who they are. Are you actually seeing the TA name?

We are not allowed to name TA's, site rules

OT, I know. I checked another cruise from the one I'm taking in November, to February 2021. Same ship (Explorer), same route (southern 9 night), same room (PV), same discount (BOGO50), same no TA: 2021= 60% INCREASE!!!!   😳

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

There is one category inside for October at $359pp and then they go up to $389pp  and higher for 3 days

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

There is one category inside for October at $359pp and then they go up to $389pp  and higher for 3 days

Yes, prices are high for 3-day Mariner. Sailing with family in November and they paid a little over a $1,000 for two in an interior cabin. I thought that was quite a high price for a 3-day Cruise. 

10 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

Yes, prices are high for 3-day Mariner. Sailing with family in November and they paid a little over a $1,000 for two in an interior cabin. I thought that was quite a high price for a 3-day Cruise. 

I'm going to try to hold off until after final payment date.  Some of those sailings still have lots of availability according to the UK site

1 hour ago, Giorgi-one said:

We booked Boardwalk balconies on Oasis leaving from Port Liberty for August 2020 at $2290.  Also got about $200 amenities from Agency!  Great for us since we are 1 hour ride from Port!

What are the dates?  We are looking for August sailings since they are usually cheaper.  We just got off Allure last week and are looking to book for next year.  However, the prices have really gone up!  We paid $2195 per room for two for the cruise this year and would be willing to pay $2290.  Most of the ones that I have looked at are much more than that for a Boardwalk balcony. 

Never cruised in the summer even with my children when they were younger. Even then, we took older ships with them in the fall to save money.  Cruising on Empress in the summer next month as fares dropped drastically to fill the ship after Cuba was a washout. Temperatures will be hot and miserable, but I will never pass on a cruise that I can book an outside for around $50 a day per person.

My standard used to be $50 a day per person inside. Even better deals now with the Cuba cancellations.  $50 dollars a day per person goes much further now. Booked another Empress cruise for January for $50 a day per person. Timing is everything and  not being picky about only booking newer ships.

Edited by coaster

3 hours ago, sandebeach said:

Insanely high! 8 night cruise on Empress in November would possibly be lower than that or not much more.  You need to investigate  other options.

Edited by coaster

1 hour ago, jp2746 said:

What are the dates?  We are looking for August sailings since they are usually cheaper.  We just got off Allure last week and are looking to book for next year.  However, the prices have really gone up!  We paid $2195 per room for two for the cruise this year and would be willing to pay $2290.  Most of the ones that I have looked at are much more than that for a Boardwalk balcony. 

August 16-23.  Unfortunately price has gone up to $2466 for Boardwalk Balcony.  When I first booked in May price was almost $3100. Kept going down but recently started to go up!  I was surprised prices went down. Cruises out if NYC area are usually more expensive because cruise line knows you are saving airfare.