To late to cancel

My DH and I should be leaving for a quick 4 day cruise on Monday. I can not go. He still can but doesn't really want to. This cruise was booked so we would go D+ before our TA next mth. If we don't go will we still get the points? no point in Canceling wouldn't get anything but port fees back anyway.

Leigh

2 minutes ago, lhanson38 said:

My DH and I should be leaving for a quick 4 day cruise on Monday. I can not go. He still can but doesn't really want to. This cruise was booked so we would go D+ before our TA next mth. If we don't go will we still get the points? no point in Canceling wouldn't get anything but port fees back anyway.

Leigh

Only the person who cruises gets the points.

However, if you are linked in C&A, you will still get your spouse's C&A level when they move up.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

However, if you are linked in C&A, you will still get your spouse's C&A level when they move up.

How do you know if you are linked?

11 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

What Bob said!

My wife has cruised a few more times than me on Girl Cruises and has more points but we both show up in our cruises with her level. I would check with RCI if he does go alone to make sure you are linked as members of the same household! Do that before he sails. That way you will be good to go for your TA.

43 minutes ago, Scotty G said:

What Bob said!

My wife has cruised a few more times than me on Girl Cruises and has more points but we both show up in our cruises with her level. I would check with RCI if he does go alone to make sure you are linked as members of the same household! Do that before he sails. That way you will be good to go for your TA.

If you are linked and he has the same number of points in his own right he will accrue the necessary points.

However he will get double points if he sails solo.

1 hour ago, lhanson38 said:

Thanks All

Guess hes sailing alone 😞

He does not have to sail alone.  You can change one of the names on the reservation and he can bring along a friend. It could be a fun "guys trip" if he has a friend that could make it.

1 hour ago, eel said:

He does not have to sail alone.  You can change one of the names on the reservation and he can bring along a friend. It could be a fun "guys trip" if he has a friend that could make it.

Guys don’t usually do that. Unless it is a son or grandson. I sale often with a friend and no way we would share a cabin. We both get separate solo cabins. 

Edited by Charles4515

1 hour ago, Charles4515 said:

Guys don’t usually do that. Unless it is a son or grandson. I sale often with a friend and no way we would share a cabin. We both get separate solo cabins. 

I have shared a room with a friend many times.  If I was paying for two people no matter what I would definitely look to bring a friend along.

1 hour ago, Charles4515 said:

As a heterosexual male (not sure why biomedbob included quotes around guys) over the years, I have shared cabins with guy friends.  I also did several cruises with a friend that happened to be a female on cruises and hotel rooms

When I worked for the Air Force, to get approval for attending certain conferences and training , to meet per diem hotel requirements, two of us guys would share a hotel room. 

It is all about the personal budget.

I have a couple of other examples when I have share rooms think college dorm rooms and apartment rooms during college but post dorms.

10 hours ago, lhanson38 said:

Leigh

Have you ever sailed without your husband?  If so you will have more points than him and while he will earn points it will be added to his total and not yours.  Depending on your situation, even if he takes this cruise it may not get you to D+.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ladysail2 said:

If hubby sails alone, one of the port tax amounts will be refunded.....probably as an OBC.   I think it's a good idea for him to go to get the points.

I believe the taxes and port fees are returned to the passenger who cancels, using the same form of payment that was used to pay for the cruise.   

M

19 hours ago, lhanson38 said:

Leigh

So you spent hundreds to get minimal benefits?

4 minutes ago, skyking said:

We stayed onboard in Labadee on our last Oasis cruise, and we got a OBC within 24 hours refunding the Port Fees. 

These were a refund of port fees to passengers on an ongoing cruise.

However, when someone is a no show, their port fees get credited back to the credit card that originally paid those fees.