Elite questions

amajaa

2 hours ago, amajaa said:

Thanks for info on bath robes. 

We we will keep the mini bar I expect and hubby will pick what he wants, we’ll exchange the soda for anything diet or sugar free. I only like instant coffee and weak ( sorry all you coffee lovers) so any coffee on the ship would be too strong for me. I stick to the tea from the buffet and ask for it in the MDR. 

Btw we get tea and coffee making facilities in the cabin on Princess cruises from UK, do you from the U S?

No you dont only on Sapphire  ex UK we have just returned from Crown Princess and there were no kettles in cabins.

4 hours ago, Loverofdogs said:

We are elite on our next cruise and will turn in the mini bar, for the two coffee cards. Do they put a coffee card on each medallion (mine and husbands) or just one medallion?

We exchanged our Elite mini bar for 2 coffee cards through room service on Crown in August and they put one coffee card on each medallion.

2 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

We exchanged our Elite mini bar for 2 coffee cards through room service on Crown in August and they put one coffee card on each medallion.

Yes, this is the normal way. If you want both on a single account you have to request it.

2 hours ago, amajaa said:

I only like instant coffee and weak ( sorry all you coffee lovers) so any coffee on the ship would be too strong for me. I stick to the tea from the buffet and ask for it in the MDR. 

If you like coffee, just prefer it weak...you could add hot water to coffee in the buffet. DH says the buffet coffee tastes like Taster's Choice.

I have no opinion, can't stand the taste of coffee...tea only.

11 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

If you like coffee, just prefer it weak...you could add hot water to coffee in the buffet. DH says the buffet coffee tastes like Taster's Choice.

I have no opinion, can't stand the taste of coffee...tea only.

No problem for me sticking to the tea as that is my preferred drink, my husband normally adds water to coffee in the buffet. On the rare occasions I have had coffee in the MDR ( because the tea is sometimes slow at making an appearance, or on Royal Caribbean where you get a cup of lukewarm water and a teabag - ugh)  I have had to have loads of milk, which of course then makes it cold unless you have it at breakfast and put the hot milk for the porridge ( do you call it oatmeal or something)  in it.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, voljeep said:

one per cabin per many cruisers who have reached that level ...

That's confusing, isn't it one per cabin no matter how many cruisers are Elite? Are you saying if we have two Elite's in a cabin we'll get 2 minibars? (which would be awesome)!

2 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

Unless you like what the mini-bar set up includes or are able to exchange it for items that you wish, this mini-bar perk ranks very low as an Elite guest amenity.

I suspect you are in the minority with that opinion.  Since you can trade it for two coffee packagesor trade individual items in the set-up it is a generous perk IMO.

1 hour ago, CruiseVA said:

That's confusing, isn't it one per cabin no matter how many cruisers are Elite? Are you saying if we have two Elite's in a cabin we'll get 2 minibars? (which would be awesome)!

One per cabin even with two Elite guests.  Except you get a second one for the cabin if you are in a full suite.

On 9/10/2019 at 2:09 PM, amajaa said:

Actually, perhaps it’s just me but it’s the huge washing machine that will stop me sending my underwear. Not sure if I want it washed with everyone else’s underwear. Do you say underwear in the states?  I put that rather than knickers as didn’t know if you used that word across the pond lol

Yes, underwear!  LOL!

On 9/11/2019 at 3:18 AM, caribill said:

If you are changing alcohol for alcohol, be aware that your only choices are listed above.

In other words, you could trade your scotch for vodka (which is listed), but not for tequila which is not listed.

What about liquor for beer?

On 9/14/2019 at 2:47 AM, amajaa said:

No problem for me sticking to the tea as that is my preferred drink, my husband normally adds water to coffee in the buffet. On the rare occasions I have had coffee in the MDR ( because the tea is sometimes slow at making an appearance, or on Royal Caribbean where you get a cup of lukewarm water and a teabag - ugh)  I have had to have loads of milk, which of course then makes it cold unless you have it at breakfast and put the hot milk for the porridge ( do you call it oatmeal or something)  in it.

Yes, oatmeal!  LOL!
Too funny!  I was looking at the menu for a pub in Southampton and I would say I had no idea what about 1/4--1/3 of the items were!  

Edited by suzyed

13 hours ago, jagoffee said:

I suspect you are in the minority with that opinion.  Since you can trade it for two coffee packagesor trade individual items in the set-up it is a generous perk IMO.

One per cabin even with two Elite guests.  Except you get a second one for the cabin if you are in a full suite.

You are correct. Only one bar setup even if both passengers are elite and unrelated. If full suite you can get a second

I am sailing alone. I would like to keep the sodas and water and have a coffee card will that be permitte? Yes I am Elite but did not know about the coffee card

Thanks

Edited by rabin1

28 minutes ago, rabin1 said:

I am sailing alone. I would like to keep the sodas and water and have a coffee card will that be permitte? Yes I am Elite but did not know about the coffee card

Thanks

Everything I have ever read on here is that the coffee package is an all-or-nothing.  IOW, you cannot swap half your bar items for one coffee package.

On 9/11/2019 at 12:59 AM, amajaa said:

Thanks everyone for the bar info. I expect although being a Scot himself he will exchange the scotch for vodka or gin. 

Since the Scotch they provide is Dewars or Cutty Sark I can certainly understand changing it out.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, jagoffee said:

I enjoy a cup of coffee or two.  I have zero interest in a coffee package of any type.

If Princess really wants to make this a mini-bar perk  for Elite level guests, then more flexibility is required to exchange the small bottles of liquor in the initial set-up for those that the guest wants.  Don't tell me that small bottles of Canadian Club don't exist--which is what I requested.  Every Delta flight on which I have flown have them!

2 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

I enjoy a cup of coffee or two.  I have zero interest in a coffee package of any type.

If Princess really wants to make this a mini-bar perk  for Elite level guests, then more flexibility is required to exchange the small bottles of liquor in the initial set-up for those that the guest wants.  Don't tell me that small bottles of Canadian Club don't exist--which is what I requested.  Every Delta flight on which I have flown have them!

Of course, small bottles exist somewhere. They are just not stocked on by Princess.

Like I said, I think you are in the minority with your opinion that the current mini-bar set up is not really a good Elite level guest benefit.  

Most benefits of the nature include a limited selection.

Of course even a minority opinion is still a valid opinion.

• Like 2

On 9/13/2019 at 10:25 AM, Loverofdogs said:

We are elite on our next cruise and will turn in the mini bar, for the two coffee cards. Do they put a coffee card on each medallion (mine and husbands) or just one medallion?

Both Medallion receive coffee cards. 

Tony

6 hours ago, steelers36 said:

Everything I have ever read on here is that the coffee package is an all-or-nothing.  IOW, you cannot swap half your bar items for one coffee package.

Hi Mr.G ,

Your correct it’s all -or -nothing.  Now about sending out your laundry. Check it when it comes back for  tiny holes in your underwear and T-shirts. It has happened to me more than once . If you go to passenger services they will give you SBC for your loss. No kidding on this one Mr.G 

Tony

• Thanks 1