New ship

The Bullingdon Club

1 hour ago, canoncruiser said:

Queen Anne was the name of the liner in the Astair and Rogers movie-“Shall We Dance"😊

I've learned Queen Anne was also the name of the ship in an episode of The X-Files called "Triangle". Apparently in that episode, the S.S. Queen Anne has been caught in some kind of time warp in the Bermuda Triangle after disappearing at the outbreak of WWII. Not a great omen for a new Cunard ship, is it?

Queen Camilla? I dout it! Not as long the Queen is around.

Very wise of the Queen- as usual, to give the royal approval, for her to become Queen.

I always opted for Queen Alexandera- then all Consorts ( with the exception of P.Phillip) would be covered!

It might very well be Queen Anne, though.

Edited by Germancruiser

3 hours ago, LittleFish1976 said:

Camilla - such a regal name...

If Cunard decides to go for queens matrimonial rather than just queens regnant -- departing from long tradition - I would hope they would pick Eleanor - wife of the first Plantagenet, and formerly Queen of France ---- now, there was a classy lady.

11 hours ago, SummmerInKefalonia said:

https://uspto.report/TM/88829267

Latest trademark that was re-registered by the company is Queen Elizabeth 2.

So along with the Queen Anne's, Queen Isabella's, Aquitania's, Mauritania's and King Jame's trademarks comes the Queen Elizabeth 2 one. It should be one of those and most likely the QE2 (only one that has a short shorthand trademark https://uspto.report/TM/88829250).

I don't think Cunard is going to simultaneously have a Queen Elizabeth and a Queen Elizabeth 2. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Germancruiser said:

Queen Camilla? I dout it! Not as long the Queen is around.

Very wise of the Queen- as usual, to give the royal approval, for her to become Queen.

I always opted for Queen Alexandera- then all Consorts ( with the exception of P.Phillip) would be covered!

It might very well be Queen Anne, though.

No way will Cunard go for Camilla [it doesn't 'ring correctly' for starters] even though she will make a very supportive Queen Consort. I suggested Alexandra way back and still think it 'sits well' having four syllables. We will find out tomorrow, but the bets seem to be on 'Anne'.

Here is the list of trademarks for possible names for the new ship:

https://uspto.report/company/Carnival-P-L-C

Queen Elizabeth 2 may be the latest entry, but Aquitania has a registration number already compared to the others (that green number you see on the list-current ship trademarked names have this too).

Edited by SummmerInKefalonia

1 hour ago, SummmerInKefalonia said:

Here is the list of trademarks for possible names for the new ship:

https://uspto.report/company/Carnival-P-L-C

Queen Elizabeth 2 may be the latest entry, but Aquitania has a registration number already compared to the others (that green number you see on the list-current ship trademarked names have this too).

That is just updating previously used Trademarks by Cunard as said by molecrochip #161 and not with reference to naming of new ship.

6 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

That is just updating previously used Trademarks by Cunard as said by molecrochip #161 and not with reference to naming of new ship.

In Norwegian Viva and Celebrity Ascent's situations these actually came as accurate.

I think it's between those 3: QE2, Queen Anne and Aquitania.

Edited by SummmerInKefalonia

I vote for Aquitania!  It has an elegant and also traditional sound, as well as a venerable history.  

QE2 is too easily confused with QE (although I would love a nod to the current regent).  Queen Anne just sounds dull.  And that's coming from someone named Anne.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, canoncruiser said:

Queen Anne was the name of the liner in the Astair and Rogers movie-“Shall We Dance"😊

Yes it was! One of the reasons I'm hoping for that name. I love all the A&R films, but if pressed, I'd choose "Shall We Dance" as my favorite. Several of my favorite films have ocean liners in them. (Like Now Voyager, not Titanic)

I'm surprised that they're holding the name Queen Isabella. Aside from being Henry VIII's first mother-in-law, what's the connection with British history?

16 hours ago, bluemarble said:

I've learned Queen Anne was also the name of the ship in an episode of The X-Files called "Triangle". Apparently in that episode, the S.S. Queen Anne has been caught in some kind of time warp in the Bermuda Triangle after disappearing at the outbreak of WWII. Not a great omen for a new Cunard ship, is it?

It would also appear that Queen Anne was the name of a British Motor merchant sunk by U-boat off South Africa in 1943: https://uboat.net/allies/merchants/ship/2646.html

5 hours ago, alc13 said:

I vote for Aquitania!  It has an elegant and also traditional sound, as well as a venerable history.  

QE2 is too easily confused with QE (although I would love a nod to the current regent).  Queen Anne just sounds dull.  And that's coming from someone named Anne.

Love we love ur name haha

I hope it's Queen Anne

• Like 2

11 hours ago, alc13 said:

Love it!

My first vote is MAURETANIA and then AQUITANIA.  I would love either name, but odds are it will be Queen Anne.  Yawn.  I wish Cunard would get away from the "queen" names.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jimbo1683 said:

Queen Camilla:)

Let us hope not. If my knowledge is correct dont think there has ever been historically, I might be wrong, a Queen Camilla and they wont name a ship after somebody that doesnt exist or might never ever exist.