Will "The Porch" restaurant still be on the Silhouette after renovations?

Vagabond Knight

We had dinner in "The Porch" seafood restaurant on the Silhouette this spring (booked once onboard) and are booked for another sailing on the Silhouette next March.  We were browsing the dining packages this evening and noticed that there's no mention of The Porch.  Called Celebrity and asked if the restaurant was going away with the upcoming renovation and got a very tentative sounding "I don't see it listed."  She sounded so uncertain though, that I looked through the dining options off the main information menu and found The Porch listed there, with the Silhouette listed as one of the two ships with this restaurant.  However, we all know the Celebrity website can be pretty problematic.  So, does anyone know if this restaurant will still be around on the Silhouette following the upcoming renovation?

According to the X website deck plan, The Porch appears to be there on the updated deck plan (second one dated 03 May 2020-28Mar 2021). They are pretty much the same although there is a movie screen on the refurbished plan. The second deck plan isn't completely accurate in that the some of the bocce area will be changed to sun lounge area (see article I attached below). I hope they keep The Porch - we enjoyed eating there too. 🙂

https://www.celebritycruises.co.uk/discover-magazine/news-events/celebrity-silhouette-revolution/

image.thumb.png.f6ee40ae04fced8bc81a0f543fc52978.png

image.thumb.png.1a25fd6e6d834a85c2b6dbc56dd55e41.png

9 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

According to the X website deck plan, The Porch appears to be there on the updated deck plan (second one dated 03 May 2020-28Mar 2021). They are pretty much the same although there is a movie screen on the refurbished plan. The second deck plan isn't completely accurate in that the some of the bocce area will be changed to sun lounge area (see article I attached below). I hope they keep The Porch - we enjoyed eating there too. 🙂

https://www.celebritycruises.co.uk/discover-magazine/news-events/celebrity-silhouette-revolution/

image.thumb.png.f6ee40ae04fced8bc81a0f543fc52978.png

image.thumb.png.1a25fd6e6d834a85c2b6dbc56dd55e41.png

Hi, can you make advanced reservations for the Porch?  We are on the November 8th sailing and The Porch does not appear in our Cruise Planner.

Edited by Oville

4 minutes ago, Oville said:

Hi, can you make advanced reservations to the Porch?

We only ate there for lunch and it wasn't crowded - the info on the website says "no reservations required".  When we were on the Silhouette and on our first Reflection cruise, it was more of a panini, soup and salad place for lunch and breakfast was egg croissant sanwiches or something like that, if I remember correctly. The last two times we were on the Reflection, it was the Seafood restaurant. Very nice lunch with wine. 🙂

https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/eat-and-drink/restaurants-and-cafes/the-porch

The Porch on the Reflection:

1104840538_porchmeat.thumb.jpg.dd059b9e8d5383a343510a76dad17ec9.jpg

2054321774_porchseafood.thumb.jpg.48ff10d2ec42c4e87d796817088b8d60.jpg

You must be getting excited!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, vtcruising said:

We only ate there for lunch and it wasn't crowded - the info on the website says "no reservations required".

Thank you, VT.  Pictures look awesome.  I can't wait to give it a try in a few weeks.  Do you recall if the Porch is only open on sea days or all the time?  

Edited by Georgia_Peaches

4 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Thank you, VT.  Pictures look awesome.  I can't wait to give it a try in a few weeks.  Do you recall if the Porch is only open on sea days or all the time?  

This was Sept 2017 and we were in Athens that day, so must be they did both port and sea days. I'll look for my dailies from that cruise. I remember coming back from our tour in the afternoon and that was open. After all the hiking we did (Acropolis, etc.), it was nice to have a sit and relax and not have to serve ourselves at the buffet. 🙂

• Like 1

Wow..great thread  esp the link to other Silhouette photos...sure hope the porch stays!

We enjoyed the original.porch with  the  paninis and crepes,  and also for a poorly attended wine tasting..At the time we went,  it was a very sunny location..  We would enjoy trying it again if it is not all seafood.   (dh   has fish allergies)

We are hoping to book Silhouette  in the next cycle if it comes closer to NY or Fla.

Katie..hope you enjoy your cruise...!

Thanks @vtcruising

For those asking about reserving ahead, I wish I could help.  However, we didn't book it until we were onboard and we booked one day ahead.  The two things I remember most is the Seafood Tower, which we loved, and their idea of cocktail sauce which we didn't until I doctored it (it tasted like ketchup until I had them go track down some horseradish to mix into it, but no big deal... easy fix).  🙂   The restaurant itself is very small and therefore, at least when we were there, relaxing and quiet.  The view is lovely since it's on the side of the ship.  My husband says it's a "must repeat" for our next cruise.

Info on "The Porch" (Celebrity website)

• Like 3

It really is a hidden jewel, indeed.  A group of us had lunch there last year and it was absolutely divine!!  That seafood tower was incredible.  Wish this restaurant was on the Equinox when we sail day after tomorrow.  I don't think you'll be disappointed in the selection.  My only complaint is -- no A/C.  If it's a hot and humid day, it could be uncomfortable, though they do have ceiling fans.  Enjoy.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

Many passengers object to paying extra when food is already included in your fare.

But paying extra is the whole point of a specialty restaurant.  I guess that would account for the lack of crowds though.  Truth be told, if I didn't have OBC to burn or wasn't in a suite that included specialties, I'm not sure if I would try it.  But I love the pics and think this venue is in our future...

1 hour ago, vtcruising said:

I was looking at my pictures and found this bread and olive oil. I  remember that the bread was so good, but can't remember what type of bread it was (a type of pita?). Can anyone identify?

image.thumb.png.3ba103b24dac11ba5c37f99ec82a0e4d.png

Looks delicious, we’ll check it out in a week.  Hope it’s still available.

• Like 1

DH surprised me with a dining package on our TA from  Southampton last November.  We  had 2 dinners and one lunch.  Used the lunch on the Porch for our last sea day.  The Seafood Tower was amazing.   I had the lobster roll and DH the seafood pasta.

IMG_4554.jpg

IMG_4555.jpg

• Like 1

We usually stay in a Royal Suite and the specialty restaurants are included in the price of the suite.  We ate at the Porch for lunch almost everyday.  It is quiet and the service and the food is exceptional.

Pat

• Like 2

17 hours ago, upwarduk said:

Many passengers object to paying extra when food is already included in your fare.

Yes that is true for some passengers but quite a few do pay to dine in specialty restaurants and most are crowded on many nights.  Less crowded for lunch.

For those of you who have been to the Porch recently, did you pay extra for the seafood tower? I noticed that the menu has a * next to this item with no explanation what the * means. A bunch of years ago we ate at the Porch and were charged $10 in addition to the reservation fee to add the tower to our meal. Have they done away with this extra fee?  

Edited by kathynorth

1 hour ago, kathynorth said:

For those of you who have been to the Porch recently, did you pay extra for the seafood tower? I noticed that the menu has a * next to this item with no explanation what the * means. A bunch of years ago we ate at the Porch and were charged $10 in addition to the reservation fee to add the tower to our meal. Have they done away with this extra fee?  

probably the standard disclaimer about eating raw or undercooked seafood (and other meats) that almost all their menus have

12 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Sharing, especially the sea food tower, is encouraged.  There was no upcharge for the sea food tower on Reflection last November.

This was also our experience at the Porch.  We liked it very much but have decided to try the Grill  next time.