Ocean Medallion Questions - Part 2

LauraS

2 hours ago, CruiseVA said:

Yes sir. Is that on the Regal towards the end of the month? I was going to look into booking that but we’ve a 10 day that leaves on the 29th.

Yep!  A four day with one port of call.  It's a good way to dip our toes back in the water.

• Like 1

On 6/2/2021 at 11:25 AM, PROCRUISE said:

Well tried again today! Added MediallionClass app to my iPhone. Allowed all requested info. Logged in with booking number. Typed in first name, went to type in last name and app disappears off the screen. Technology is so great. LOL

Maybe you can post to this amusingly named thread:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2778757-medallion-app-updated-and-working-now/

• Haha 1

On 6/5/2021 at 7:58 PM, Astro Flyer said:

Today the Apple Store has another MC app update for “various bug fixes for the app” to version 3.1.1 for my iPhone & iPad…now I’ll see what’s been fixed. 🤞

Thanks for this info.  Downloading now to see if I can get the app to work.  Third times a charm? I'm not holding my breathe though. 

On 6/6/2021 at 7:16 AM, cjpj said:

Considering how buggy this app is, do you feel it is secure to enter in passport info, etc.?

I'm guessing more updates will continue to happen.

If we already entered it onto the Princess website under the booking number do we need to put it in again on the app? This question is open for anyone to answer.

It may be helpful if Princess could give passengers an indication of which Android version we need to be able to access Medallion Class in the Play Store.  On Sunday the app was available,  but now it is not available at all in Play Store!! I'm using Android version 8. Is this permanent, or wil it reappear magically?

I refuse to buy another phone just to check in on a future booked cruise.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, crows nest club said:

It may be helpful if Princess could give passengers an indication of which Android version we need to be able to access Medallion Class in the Play Store.  On Sunday the app was available,  but now it is not available at all in Play Store!! I'm using Android version 8. Is this permanent, or wil it reappear magically?

I refuse to buy another phone just to check in on a future booked cruise.

Amen to that....I also have 8.1 Android version.  I'm a crabby old lady and will not buy a new phone just because Princess can't get their act together!

Just tried to get on the medallion app. Got an iPhone and it worked a year ago. I clicked on the icon. It went to the app. It showed a very blurry picture of the bow of a ship. Then it shows water, then it showed a ship on the water and then it went back to showing the icon page. Thinking I should delete the app and reload the app. Any other suggestions?

1 hour ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Just tried to get on the medallion app. Got an iPhone and it worked a year ago. I clicked on the icon. It went to the app. It showed a very blurry picture of the bow of a ship. Then it shows water, then it showed a ship on the water and then it went back to showing the icon page. Thinking I should delete the app and reload the app. Any other suggestions?

Whoever decided the stupid blurry image was a good idea needs a swift kick in the butt.

• Like 3

So do we have to book when we want to dine before we board? As reading other Social Media people are saying they have booked their dining. We have booked Anytime Dining and we normally dine early as soon as the restaurants open for the night so we can enjoy the evenings entertainment, but obviously if there is a cocktail party or anything we might be delayed by half an hour or so. Do we have to book time slots in advance? So I am concerned if we don’t book early before we board we might not get the early slot and if we do book early we might miss the cocktail parties.

15 hours ago, Cruzinnana47 said:

Amen to that....I also have 8.1 Android version.  I'm a crabby old lady and will not buy a new phone just because Princess can't get their act together!

I have android 11 and it is the the same situation on my phone. 

I am afraid to add up all the hours I have wasted on trying to make this app work....know I am not alone.......that makes me feel a little better.  Definitely running out of patience.  

Emergency contact phone#s won't stay entered....

Completely unable to add my husband as an authorized user to my credit card....

Won't accept reservations for dinner....

Just wish there was another alternative!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Thrak said:

Whoever decided the stupid blurry image was a good idea needs a swift kick in the butt.

It's bad enough having blurry vision without my glasses. When the picture came up I was waiting for it to clear up. 

• Like 1