Ocean Medallion Questions - Part 2

LauraS

5 hours ago, MX-Drew said:

It was you who said " I do not think they ship to the UK" 😕

Yes I did., So what is the problem? I id not say they DO NOT! Ask the seller if it is on the UK eBay site. I have no idea at all, I am in the US.

21 hours ago, 1965 said:

In the My Preferences section in the social media choices, mine is facebook. It says add my account. I don't know how I do that. Thanks for any help & info.

Why would you add it? It is only to enable them to post adverts to you.

5 hours ago, MX-Drew said:

Why would you add it? It is only to enable them to post adverts to you.

Thanks for the response. I didn't know what it is for. I don't need more adverts. Lol. 

• Like 1

I keep getting frozen screens when I try to navigate the app.  I cannot get anything to work.  I want to add travel companion, payment, preferences, and nothing will load.  I had had this loaded on my phone before, but deleted it b/c it didn't work.  Now I've re-downloaded it, and still doesn't work for me. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 2

In order to complete my booking, I need to complete the MedallionClass App.  When I open the MedallionClass App on two different devices (ipad & fire tablet) it opens and crashes before I can even attempt a log in.  I have sailed on a MedallionClass before with no problems using the app on these devices.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

In order to complete my booking, I need to complete the MedallionClass App.  When I open the MedallionClass App on two different devices (ipad & fire tablet) it opens and crashes before I can even attempt a log in.  I have sailed on a MedallionClass before with no problems using the app on these devices.

Thank goodness others are having this problem and not just me.  I have it downloaded but the app is closing continuously.  I got  a hold of Apple who tells you to redownload, force delete and reload etc.

But nothing works.  I loaded it on my Ipad and is fine and onto my hubbys Android.  

I have redownloaded it at least 8 times to my iphone , finally got some information in but tried again this morning and will only stay open for about 30 seconds.

Arlene

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, awinte2 said:

Thank goodness others are having this problem and not just me.  I have it downloaded but the app is closing continuously.  I got  a hold of Apple who tells you to redownload, force delete and reload etc.

But nothing works.  I loaded it on my Ipad and is fine and onto my hubbys Android.  

I have redownloaded it at least 8 times to my iphone , finally got some information in but tried again this morning and will only stay open for about 30 seconds.

Arlene

I’m having similar problems with my iPad and have, for the time being, given up on the Medallion App.  Additionally, I cannot sign into my Princess account but I can sign in using my wife’s account.

On my PC, I can sign in to Princess to my heart’s content and do everything I need to do there for an ‘upcoming’ cruise in 2023.  I’m hoping that Princess sorts things out before then!

Please please please Princess do away with the out of focus image when the app is opened.

Then fix it so it shows steps are complete and remove shipping to port charges for UK cruises. Then we might be getting somewhere.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Daniel A said:

If you compete everything on the check in part of the Personalizer, isn't that sufficient. I used the App previously to download my Boarding Pass just before shutdown but I got the impression if I hadn't it didn't really matter. There are also plenty of people that don't have the devices or the confidence to use the App, so I assume there are work arounds. Not ideal I know.

Then there is my case where my smart phone has an older version of Android which will not work with the new App version anyway. I will get a new phone at some stage but it seems my October cruise will be cancelled so no rush.

We remain prisoners in our own Country for now. We controlled the virus and are essentially still locked in and you guys screwed it up (I don't mean that as a reflection of the US citizens) and it led to a better vaccine program, and you are now getting going. For now the liquor sales will just have to remain low without us to keep the bottom line ticking.

1 hour ago, leck57 said:

If you compete everything on the check in part of the Personalizer, isn't that sufficient.

If you complete the MedallionClass App for your cruise, you can scan in your passports and security photo.  You also can select whether you want the Medallion mailed to you or you prefer to pick it up at the terminal.  (Mail to home is for U.S. and Canada only right now)  This would enable you to bypass the check-in counter and go straight to the security check at the terminal.

9 hours ago, Daniel A said:

If you complete the MedallionClass App for your cruise, you can scan in your passports and security photo.  You also can select whether you want the Medallion mailed to you or you prefer to pick it up at the terminal.  (Mail to home is for U.S. and Canada only right now)  This would enable you to bypass the check-in counter and go straight to the security check at the terminal.

Covid may change some of this - I do not think security is going to be doing the check of vaccination status but perhaps after a few Majestic cruises some one on those cruises can report back here

14 hours ago, Daniel A said:

Thanks for clarifying. Our last Alaska cruise, I had done the passport scanning etc but as we don't get the Medallion mailed to us we had to queue to collect it, although the wait was less than 5 minutes.

As Memoak said above, I think the vaccination checks will now have to be done by the check in staff, so we will all be lining up. Not a problem to me if that is all it takes  to get me back on the ocean. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, memoak said:

Covid may change some of this - I do not think security is going to be doing the check of vaccination status but perhaps after a few Majestic cruises some one on those cruises can report back here

8 hours ago, leck57 said:

Thanks for clarifying. Our last Alaska cruise, I had done the passport scanning etc but as we don't get the Medallion mailed to us we had to queue to collect it, although the wait was less than 5 minutes.

As Memoak said above, I think the vaccination checks will now have to be done by the check in staff, so we will all be lining up. Not a problem to me if that is all it takes  to get me back on the ocean. 

I think downloading vaccine info into the MedallionClass App may resolve that concern.

On 5/26/2021 at 5:35 AM, Daniel A said:

If you complete the MedallionClass App for your cruise, you can scan in your passports and security photo.  

I don't have a medallion app yet, but will soon (getting an Android 10 phone). How is the passport/security photo scan accomplished?

Is it a "button" to choose in the app?

Edited by JF - retired RRT

5 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

I don't have a medallion app yet, but will soon (getting an Android 10 phone). How is the passport/security photo scan accomplished?

Once you have the app and then start putting in your information it will want you to take a picture of the documents. Your picture, you will just download it. One step at a time. It is easy just take you're time with it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

As @ALWAYS CRUZINwrote, once you have the app, it will walk you through it.  Just make sure when you download the app you agree to the permissions (especially allowing the app to connect to your camera.)

• Thanks 1

Went on two previous medallion ship cruises, but never used the phone app. When I searched around some future bookings on the app I found that my photo was there. Princess must have loaded it from when we boarded in 2019 or early 2020. Do we have to load it again in a different spot?

3 hours ago, skynight said:

Do we have to load it again in a different spot?

We didn’t have to add photos again after we downloaded them to the MC app for 2019 cruises & they were automatically added to the most recent MC app for our 2021 & 2022 cruises including our other information. We did have to input our chargecard info for shipboard purchases into the app despite it already being in our Cruise Personalizer.

Edited by Astro Flyer

5 hours ago, trbarton said:

For people that have used the Medallion before did you pick your boarding time & if so how soon to the cruise were you allowed to add this?

Thanks!

Tom😀

When I sailed on Regal just prior to the pause that wasn't an option.  The standard suggested times based on deck level were in place.  I think the concept of choosing your boarding time is in response to CDC guidance to maintain social distancing in the terminal.

• Like 1

On 5/14/2021 at 12:29 AM, CruiseVA said:

We will agree to disagree on this topic, I look forward to discussing this further on an upcoming cruise over a drink, on me!

Off topic a bit, but didn't you buy me a drink that I'm supposed to pass forward to @CineGraphic ?  It looks as if I may finally be able to follow through next January!

• Haha 1

Well tried again today! Added MediallionClass app to my iPhone. Allowed all requested info. Logged in with booking number. Typed in first name, went to type in last name and app disappears off the screen. Technology is so great. LOL

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Daniel A said:

Off topic a bit, but didn't you buy me a drink that I'm supposed to pass forward to @CineGraphic ?  It looks as if I may finally be able to follow through next January!

Yes sir. Is that on the Regal towards the end of the month? I was going to look into booking that but we’ve a 10 day that leaves on the 29th.