Ocean Medallion Questions - Part 2

LauraS

On 5/10/2021 at 2:55 PM, MX-Drew said:

I had the same trouble as you regarding shipping.

As for the lanyard you can add as many as you wish for the guests, I have 8 on my order for my wife, but it will not let me add one for myself!

Frankly as this is part of the process of "get ocean ready" I think it is very poor Princess have not fixed this yet as it was reported to them (by me) several weeks back now.

Today I downloaded the app and ordered the medallion but noted that my partner’s was the wrong colour. They had done this some time ago but not continued with it. We could not change their medallion but I completed the transaction. It then had a place for cancelling. I did this straight away and everything had been deleted. We then started again and everything went smoothly. At neither time had we any charges for delivery to Southampton. 

Edited by Gettingwarmer

Just now, MX-Drew said:

Interesting, I might give that a go but the app doesn’t seem to be working properly at the moment.

Also does anyone else wish they would do away with the out of focus picture when you open the app?

Looks like I’m not the only one with a problem.  That out of focus picture is probably a hint that the app is going to die/switch off in about three seconds.  I have an iPad and never had problems like that before.  Since I’m not going anywhere on Princess for quite awhile, not a big problem.

18 hours ago, Gettingwarmer said:

Today I downloaded the app and ordered the medallion but noted that my partner’s was the wrong colour. They had done this some time ago but not continued with it. We could not change their medallion but I completed the transaction. It then had a place for cancelling. I did this straight away and everything had been deleted. We then started again and everything went smoothly. At neither time had we any charges for delivery to Southampton. 

Hmmm not a good idea, it said $6 shipping when I ordered then when I check order history it say it has charged $12! 
I can’t find a cancel order button either.

54 minutes ago, MX-Drew said:

Hmmm not a good idea, it said $6 shipping when I ordered then when I check order history it say it has charged $12! 
I can’t find a cancel order button either.

No I can’t find one either. It appeared just after I made the order but can’t see one now. If you didn’t actually pay any money by credit card then there shouldn’t be a problem. All the medallions will be sent to Southampton with their lanyards to be given out on embarkation day. 

6 hours ago, Gettingwarmer said:

No I can’t find one either. It appeared just after I made the order but can’t see one now. If you didn’t actually pay any money by credit card then there shouldn’t be a problem. All the medallions will be sent to Southampton with their lanyards to be given out on embarkation day. 

I have written to Princess and they will cancel the order.

the reason why I wanted to order was to have a neck pendant waiting at the port for my wife (as explained before).

3 minutes ago, MX-Drew said:

I have written to Princess and they will cancel the order.

the reason why I wanted to order was to have a neck pendant waiting at the port for my wife (as explained before).

Lots of nice ones on ebay. Inexpensive also.

• Thanks 1

Found out today that if you have two or more people in the same family each one has to have their own e-mail address in order to access their Princess files. Either one can log on and access booked voyages which will show all the names. We had to set up a separate e-mail address and had to have Princess actually change the e-mail address for one of us. I could not do this myself.

We never had two e-mail addresses as one of us has vision issues and can not use a computer.

hmm DH and I share the same email as he does nothing for the cruises but show up.  When I access the app I can see his info and mine and was able to order his medallion allow him to use the credit card on file which is under my name...in 2019 I was even able to access both our boarding passes on the app...is this something new?

4 hours ago, cruzrbachoua said:

hmm DH and I share the same email as he does nothing for the cruises but show up.  When I access the app I can see his info and mine and was able to order his medallion allow him to use the credit card on file which is under my name...in 2019 I was even able to access both our boarding passes on the app...is this something new?

As was explained to me the way you describe working on specific bookings is how it still works. What I am speaking about is signing into the Princess web site, for example to view your FCD's, FCC's, days sailed, etc. To view this information each person has a separate account. You have to log in separately and each individual has to have a separate email address and password. Up until a week or so ago the email addresses could be the same. Now they have to be different for each person, or maybe a unique user ID could be used. I'm not techie enough to know, and as of today I was still having trouble getting into both accounts. 

Now another question about the Medallion App. When opened it shows two voyages that have been booked for a long time. Last week we booked 4 2023 voyages. They don't show under my journeys. When I touch the + sign to add a box comes up to add a booking number. I would think they would show automatically, however the new ones don not. When I entered the booking number a message came up that said that booking number was already there. But, it does not show. Puzzled with how difficult this easy tech is to operate.

skynight;  you are correct about checking FCC for each passenger.  Although you can see your cruises in your account;  your spouse has to have separate account in order to see their FCC;  however, if you use a travel agent they can access both accounts anytime and let you know how much FCC you have. The medallion class app has some bugs.  Your 2023 will show up before you cruise in 2023.  Cheers

On 5/15/2021 at 9:28 AM, Gettingwarmer said:

So there's a chance I could get a better color? I want blue

We're on vacation and haven't had Internet access most of the time so I'm just trying to catch up here. I just watched the MedallionClassMondays videos on youtube. It looks to me like those without a smart phone will be at a significant disadvantage for venues with a limited attendance allowance. For instance, one of the demos showed the Captain's Circle Party. The person doing the demo reserved space for two people. That then showed 98 spaces left. Does this really mean that if 100 people pre-reserve the Captain's Circle Party then any people who didn't do so will be blocked from attending??? Will there be a bunch of CC Parties to help with that issue?  They tell you how great it is to be able to pre-reserve functions but don't tell you how they plan to handle all those passengers who might want to attend a venue with limited capacity who haven't actually made a reservation in advance.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

We're on vacation and haven't had Internet access most of the time so I'm just trying to catch up here. I just watched the MedallionClassMondays videos on youtube. It looks to me like those without a smart phone will be at a significant disadvantage for venues with a limited attendance allowance. For instance, one of the demos showed the Captain's Circle Party. The person doing the demo reserved space for two people. That then showed 98 spaces left. Does this really mean that if 100 people pre-reserve the Captain's Circle Party then any people who didn't do so will be blocked from attending??? Will there be a bunch of CC Parties to help with that issue?  They tell you how great it is to be able to pre-reserve functions but don't tell you how they plan to handle all those passengers who might want to attend a venue with limited capacity who haven't actually made a reservation in advance.

I think you will be able to make the reservation by smartphone, cabin tv, electronic screen located throughout the ship.  So if you don't have a smart phone or don't want to carry around there are other ways to make reservations for events.

18 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

I think you will be able to make the reservation by smartphone, cabin tv, electronic screen located throughout the ship.  So if you don't have a smart phone or don't want to carry around there are other ways to make reservations for events.

yes, after everyone with a smart device has already scooped up all the good spots / time pre-cruise - while the non-SP's have to wait until boarding and take the leftovers 

1 hour ago, AF-1 said:

1 hour ago, voljeep said:

yes, after everyone with a smart device has already scooped up all the good spots / time pre-cruise - while the non-SP's have to wait until boarding and take the leftovers 

The video made it look like you can peruse the activities well in advance of your cruise while sitting at home and make your reservations at that time. If that is really how it works I can imagine various venues being totally booked well before the cruise ever sails.

2 hours ago, Thrak said:

The video made it look like you can peruse the activities well in advance of your cruise while sitting at home and make your reservations at that time. If that is really how it works I can imagine various venues being totally booked well before the cruise ever sails.

And lots of empty seats as people decide that they didn't want to do tonight what they thought that they would want to do three months ago. 😕

1 hour ago, 2 cruises a year said:

And lots of empty seats as people decide that they didn't want to do tonight what they thought that they would want to do three months ago. 😕

Like the folks who used to book a bazillion excursions and then decide "later" which ones they really wanted to take. Meanwhile, of course, others were unable to book those excursions.

• Like 3