RCL Stock

heidikay

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Maybe RCI is waiting for the market to close before announcing the extended shutdown. Didn't they announce the 30 day one on Friday afternoon after closing?

Yes I believe that they did.  My guess is that no announcement is coming anytime soon though. Maybe the end of the month first of April

3 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

I have no agenda..... Just get tired of broken records

jc

Your agenda is blind allegiance and defense of a corporation.  When you have no facts to back up your opinions, and you never do, you merely resort to attacking other posters.  Your entire MO for years has been discuss flowrider, attack dissenters.  Talk about a broken record. 

You do know being nice also costs nothing; a free lesson you can pick up at any time in life.  

Anyways, when you feel up to discussing facts and figures I'll be here.  I don't believe in the "attack the messenger" game.  

Be well 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

When did this greater hit occur? I don't recall all the ships ever being shut down at the same time.

I said nothing about any ships being shut down. All cruise lines took a massive hit when the tech stocks plummeted the market.  I lost several 100 thousand when that happened. All gone in a matter of a few days. Over offering mortgages to those that could not afford a mortgage. remember? Royal and Carnival were in the hole big time.That is when I bought and so glad I did. Never made up for that loss I had. Was going to retire early. Never happened because of it. My thought back then. People still want to take a vacation. So what vacation can you do for the least expensive cost. A cruise! At that I was not a big cruiser. Yes the situation is different but personally they will survive as they did then. Since, my wife and I are hooked on cruising big time. We will all see how it turns out won't we?

21 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Yes I believe that they did.  My guess is that no announcement is coming anytime soon though. Maybe the end of the month first of April

They have no idea when they'll be allowed to resume sailing.  Everyone is playing this a couple of weeks at a time.  My two nieces colleges are technically on a two week suspension but nieces just received notice to pack up an vacate their dorm rooms for the semester.

I always send in a request for the tentative entertainment list for my upcoming cruises.

I had sent in the requests for my April and May sailings some time ago.

I received the response today. Normally it would include the production shows and guest entertainers.

This time it only indicates the production shows.  

I believe this is a good indication that the cruises will be cancelled.

Hello John,

Thank you for your e-mail. I appreciate the opportunity to respond to your inquiry.

The Main Theatre Shows on your sailings are: Vibeology & Stage to Screen. If you have any additional questions or need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact our Cruise Planners by calling 1-800-398-9819.

Thank you for choosing Royal Caribbean International. We look forward to welcoming you and Marilyn onboard the Serenade of the Seas in the very near future.  

Sincerely,

Jeffrey Schwartz

Royal Guest Experience Management

1 hour ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

I said nothing about any ships being shut down. All cruise lines took a massive hit when the tech stocks plummeted the market.  I lost several 100 thousand when that happened. All gone in a matter of a few days. Over offering mortgages to those that could not afford a mortgage. remember? Royal and Carnival were in the hole big time.That is when I bought and so glad I did. Never made up for that loss I had. Was going to retire early. Never happened because of it. My thought back then. People still want to take a vacation. So what vacation can you do for the least expensive cost. A cruise! At that I was not a big cruiser. Yes the situation is different but personally they will survive as they did then. Since, my wife and I are hooked on cruising big time. We will all see how it turns out won't we?

I agree.  Cruising is a wonderful product, and I also think it will survive just fine.  Anything is possible, but the constant ultra negative opinions about cruiselines securing additional lines of credit, etc is quite draining.  I won't accuse anyone of being a short and driving down the stock, but stranger things have happened.  I'll assume the debbie downers are wanting to have a discussion.. I guess.

Some of this doomsday stuff can be self fulfilling.  That is what Bank Runs are made of.  A bit of Jimmy Stewart stopping the bank run from the classic "It's a Wonderful Life" would be nice right about now.

We're all here on CC because we like to cruise... right?    🙂

Edited by mpk
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, irzero said:

The problem is italy just recorded 625 deaths in 1 day on top of 425 in 1 day before.

UK is being locked down with forced closure now and arrested for failing to isolate.

Meanwhile the USA has parties on the beach. Says to me that reality still not set in for the USA.

Unless some miracle cure is found share prices are In for a ride. Especially considering the death rate that america is going to face within next 2 to 4 weeks.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

I live in south Florida and they are now starting to close the beaches. We have so many and very long beaches. It make me wonder  They had some aerial views if the local beaches. People were at least 20 ft apart from one another. Those that want to party in large groups will happen no matter. There are always those that will not want to follow the rules.

3 hours ago, irzero said:

TA's in UK are not showing cruises on Allure before June. Not even 2nd June is showing now. Looks like RCL's website is massively out of date with its own sailings.

Or maybe your search is a bit off. There's no June 2 sailing, but there's one on June 7. Other TA sites and RCI show the original schedule after the dry dock starting May 10.

4 minutes ago, irzero said:

Either way the whole of may was bookable. Still is on rcl website.

As mentioned, the original schedule starting May 10 has not changed, that's when she was supposed start sailing after the dry dock. All of those dates may still stay bookable even after the next round of likely cancellations ( probably in 4 week increments).

Biker, who may be in for a lengthy discussion is up for some post whoring.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, irzero said:

Either way the whole of may was bookable. Still is on rcl website.

Not sure why you are thinking other travel websites are more accurate than Royals.  

As a travel agent I can tell you that some sites that sell packages that bundle air and cruise have cancelled and pulled sailings and automatically invoked Royals 100% FCC option based on their assessment of the situation as is their right as a package seller and the contract they have with the client and is based on known travel restrictions involving more than just the cruise.   This does not in any way assume that Royal has already cancelled the cruises and that their website is wrong.  

Not to say that they wont be cancelled in the future but as of today those cruises have not been cancelled by Royal.  

Just got back from the last Radiance of the Seas cruise, Aus/NZ before they stopped.

Crew did a great job in getting us back on time. Buying 100 pcs RCI shares as a tribute

to them and faith in their future is a noble and attractive financial deal. Let's hope we are

all cruising soon.

Stay safe 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, irzero said:

I'm sure people on here just like to argue for the sake of it even without any knowledge or other information to form their opinions.

That's the CC way, but the point was that you can't go by a TA site to form that opinion.

5 minutes ago, mugtech said:

He knows someone who used to work for someone.

Given the circumstances I don't think you need to know anyone nor look at a TA site to form the same opinion, especially if you are rooting against the cruise lines.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, irzero said:

What i dont want to do is pay my final payment to a company that knows full well that cruises are not happening any time soon. 

My opinion is that we wont be cruising till year at this rate let alone the information i got about June.

Well, then you have nothing to worry about - if you know there won't be cruises for a year you can pay that final payment knowing you'll get it back when they cancel your sailing. Making life easy for you, is probably not RCI's top priority at the moment.

3 minutes ago, irzero said:

They should suspend final payments until they know what is happening.

Kinda hard to know what is happening on the other side of final payment (90 days for many) when they don't know what will happen next month.

And for those that bought at the low (just below $20), RCL stock is up to $24, so you are already up 20+%.

10 minutes ago, irzero said:

Why should I give thousands to a company for a service they will not be providing. They should suspend final payments until they know what is happening.

If you can get a full refund, I would cancel your booking at get a refund.  On the very outside chance cruise ships start sailing demand will be low enough you will have no problem booking another cruise.

23 minutes ago, irzero said:

Our Cruise is July and this also affects my brothers family so there is roughly 8000 GBP involved here. 

Assuming this is a UK booking your final payment is not till May - a bit early to be worrying about something that's two months away during a time when things change every day. Also, if the cruise does not sail in July, cruising may not be your main worry.

Personally, I'm rooting for the cruiselines.  I hope none of them experiences anything close to the doomsday scenarios envisioned by some on this thread.  I hope to cruise again when this gets sorted out.

As a change of pace, there's are a couple of popular threads on CC from those also fatigued by all the recent news.  Check them out, they are quite funny and a welcome change of pace from all the doom and gloom  🙂

To add some humour... By Ourusualbeach

“So a Penguin, a Horse and Polar Bear walk into a bar on the Edge... By C-Dragons

Edited by mpk
  • Like 1