“Live From the Explorer” or Z and TB Mambo in the Caribbean

Zqueeze1

A very happy Sunday afternoon. The Boss (TB) and I (Z) are just about packed. It took me thirty minutes and she is going on day three of packing (“I need ten dresses for ten days!”). We are very excited for our cruise on the Explorer which departs tomorrow. Please feel free to ask questions, post comments or insults and we will respond promptly and in similar manner. 
I sincerely hope that my corny commentary  come across as a small way for us all to escape from all this serious talk about the Corona virus. Are we worried? Only in that someone gets sick on the current cruise and Regent delays/cancels our cruise. Other than that, I belong to the school of thought that ignorance is bliss. If we don’t think about it, it’s not going to happen. Sort of the same philosophy that got me hitched to The Boss thirty seven years ago. 
Anywho, we are anxiously waiting for 1030 to arrive tomorrow so our ride to the cruise port arrives and we can hit the road. 
Although we are very familiar with the Caribbean, this cruise is more about enjoying the vessel than the ports. Plus, leaving out of Miami is very convenient for us since we live about an hour from Terminal J. 
I hope that everyone enjoys this thread and tolerates my type of sense of humor. I thoroughly enjoy writing about our cruises and posting pics (read: narcissistic personality-it’s all about me). I have been a big fan of other great cruise bloggers like Rich and so many others whose names slip my feeble brain. 
Hop on and enjoy the ride with us.
Z and TB

• Like 2

Fair winds and following seas to you both. John and I will be reading with great interest, as we will attempt to recreate "OUR" infamous Explorer TA of a couple of years gone by. Although nothing can match that first Explorer TA, we'll be doing our best, but only with guidance from our fearless leader and the blessings of the BM&M Society members with whom you're sailing ....(haha, giggle!)

All we want to know is what bars have the best "tenders" and is there any special treat we should be having at said bar or lounges?

We can't wait to hear all you have to say about the ship, food in various venues and of course, the alcohol spas..(LOL)!

Have a wonderful time, be safe and enjoy every minute,

Best,

L&J

Oops - there you are!  I love your sense of humor and also know how to "get to you" (dare I say the word chickens?)

Wish that we were on our favorite ship with you - we did have fun when we cruised together.  When your cruise ends, ours will begin and I plan on discussing why we still prefer Explorer to Splendor. 

In the meantime, we will anxiously await every post and word that come out of your mouth.  Please post one nice photo of TB.  The only one that I could find had her eating something that looked like ribs and did not do her justice.  She is a beautiful woman!

• Like 2

Thanks for all the well wishes from Bonnie, Sheila, Bob, Ronrick, TC2, and L&J. 
I will post a pic of Pam sometime as soon as I can slap some lipstick on her and get her to stop packing which she is still doing. 
I will try my best to make proud the members of the BM&M Society. But, alas, the world has turned upside down. I am on a health kick and decided to limit my alcohol intake during the cruise, so there should be enough booze left for everybody onboard.
Bonnie:  find us!  I will try to be at the pool bar around two thirty assuming we’ve unpacked the caravan of luggage and there’s enough time before the safety drill. Plan B is the Explorer Lounge at 6PM if that works for you. 

Wow. 15 more hours until we head out!

Z and TB

Today is the big day!  We have paid the bills, fed the cats, and got grandma on a short leash so she doesn’t stray too far from home. 

I started off my day with a five mile walk (new healthy me) while The Boss knocked out six miles. I’ll explain later why I’m on a health kick.  But:

-I’m tired of having to see a tent maker whenever I need a new shirt. 

-Every time I weigh in, my scale says “GET OFF!!.”

-My waist size is equator (classic line). 

We are finally packed which means I have one suitcase and TB limited herself to only packing the essentials:

We are using a different car service this time called Luxy Service since our last one  was driven by one of the Wright Brothers on quaaludes.  Hopefully, this one understands that 95 is an interstate and not a speed limit. 
Z and TB

Whoopee!!  I am on board too and eagerly waiting to see and hear all about your cruise.   

Let's make a deal!!   I (and many of the others of us who will be on Splendor starting Saturday week) will raise a glass to you and TB  IF you promise to raise a few to us!!

have a wonderful time.  

Gerry

Thanks for all the well wishes from all of yous. I will do my best to report and entertain. 
Hammie:  you got a deal. Today at 1430 I will toast you and your cruise mates from the pool bar. 
I forgot to add a pic to my previous post. 
The Boss decided to only pack the essentials:

51215C20-7CFF-4FFE-97DD-328A393FD996.jpeg.2340f9cfa39b32e21ff89834f81f7565.jpeg

• Z and TB
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Zqueeze1 said:

Thanks for all the well wishes from all of yous. I will do my best to report and entertain. 
Hammie:  you got a deal. Today at 1430 I will toast you and your cruise mates from the pool bar. 
I forgot to add a pic to my previous post. 
The Boss decided to only pack the essentials:

51215C20-7CFF-4FFE-97DD-328A393FD996.jpeg.2340f9cfa39b32e21ff89834f81f7565.jpeg

• Z and TB

Does she have a 2nd cart?  Looks normal to me, I don't see a problem here.

• Like 1

Got the Chuckle Meter out, Roberto!  It has been souped up and now measures guffaws!  I know it’s going to get a super workout in the days to come.  Wishing you and Pam a wonderful cruise!

1 hour ago, Zqueeze1 said:

Today is the big day!  We have paid the bills, fed the cats, and got grandma on a short leash so she doesn’t stray too far from home. 

I started off my day with a five mile walk (new healthy me) while The Boss knocked out six miles. I’ll explain later why I’m on a health kick.  But:

We are finally packed which means I have one suitcase and TB limited herself to only packing the essentials:

We are using a different car service this time called Luxy Service since our last one  was driven by one of the Wright Brothers on quaaludes.  Hopefully, this one understands that 95 is an interstate and not a speed limit. 
Z and TB

Five miles?  My hat would off to you if I wore a hat!  

Really looking forward to your posts (only 4 1/2 hours until boarding):classic_biggrin:

Just got off Explorer as you are coming in... oh, oh, sounds as if it’s the reason to... 😊

We left the ship in great shape and hope you both enjoy the excellent weather we had for the last ten days.  My lasting thought upon debarking was that Chartreuse is the crown jewel on a regal ship.  Enjoy!!

We will happily follow your cruise through your blog, since we will be the ones replacing you in 10 days! Very curious to read your different impressions concerning the food & beverage quality, the excursions and entertainment. Have a great trip!

2 hours ago, Zqueeze1 said:

Z and TB

You both  looked great when we had lunch 2/24!!! You are down a number of lbs!👍🏻

John Baron most definitely remembers you!! No surprise! 
We are loving being on the Splendor. Only way it could be better is if “yous “ were with us!!!

Have a blast!!
Hugs 

Karen & (John) 

Thanks all for all the nice words.
Rich:  I hope I peg your fun meter. 
Karen and John:  miss yous too and wish you were sailing with us instead of the Splendor. 
Jackie:  this pick is for you from The Boss who says hello:

8427A25E-D6E3-44E0-9C06-22F87381931A.thumb.jpeg.3962d0587040e486d5aa22a881cb0e5d.jpeg

We are at the cruise port waiting to board. Something new for us is that we were given a boarding card. We will board with group four. 
I am so ready for chow and something to drink. 
Z and TB

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Zqueeze1 said:

Thanks all for all the nice words.
Rich:  I hope I peg your fun meter. 
Karen and John:  miss yous too and wish you were sailing with us instead of the Splendor. 
Jackie:  this pick is for you from The Boss who says hello:

8427A25E-D6E3-44E0-9C06-22F87381931A.thumb.jpeg.3962d0587040e486d5aa22a881cb0e5d.jpeg

We are at the cruise port waiting to board. Something new for us is that we were given a boarding card. We will board with group four. 
I am so ready for chow and something to drink. 
Z and TB

On our last cruise nyc to Amsterdam they did that.  The numbers were given out in order of arrival.  It worked very well.  Better than standing in line or being pushed out of way 😜.