Temporary Cancellation Policy Announced

idahospud

While the online advisory doesn’t (yet) mention filing through AON first, the emails going out do have it. Unfortunately, I think they are going to make all of us who did purchase PVP jump through an extra hoop. 

Edited by idahospud
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, idahospud said:

While the online advisory doesn’t (yet) mention filing through AON first, the emails going out do have it. Unfortunately, I think they are going to make all of us who did purchase PVP jump through an extra hoop. 

That's what I am expecting we will have to do too.

1 hour ago, LDVinNC said:

The medical is so inadequate we got a separate policy for that.  The ONLY reason we bought the PVP was for the CFAR coverage.

And that gave you the peace of mind not having to worry about canceling costing you. How much was that worth? Apparently it was worth it even before the virus situation arose so i would think that saved you a lot of sleepless nights those without CFAR had.

In any situation, if you have insurance, you must go through that first for a claim

We sail on April 11th and while we're not as concerned about contracting the virus, we do not want to be quarantined on the ship.

We are going to wait until closer to the 31st to make a decision but I will be kind of bummed because we got the Best Sail Ever drink package add on and if we do reschedule, we'll lose that unless we wait to rebook until Sip & Sail rolls around again.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, idahospud said:

Are we getting the cost of the PVP credited since everybody else is getting it for free ?

• Like 2

I expected this from Princess considering what is going on with the Grand in SF right now. Glad they pushed up the final payment date to 60 days out for our June cruise because I doubt I would even be able to get through on the phone to cancel. We are cancelling because I have elderly parents and an immunosuppressed sister with autoimmune disease cruising with us. Not worth the risk, even in June. 

Just now, Todd320 said:

Are we getting the cost of the PVP credited since everybody else is getting it for free ?

I'm working on finding out the answer to that one. The Princess reps are slammed...even the dedicated travel agent line tells me there are 100 calls ahead of me and then hangs up. Chat is overloaded right now, too. Hopefully someone can get through this morning!

2 hours ago, lhsail said:

Woke up this morning to the cancellation email, but it’s for the 3rd of four back to back cruises we have coming up. The first one leaves March 10 out of Melbourne, but I didn’t get an email for that one. We’re supposed to fly out this afternoon. I’d hate to miss this trip, but we’ve been concerned about 60 days on a ship right now. The final 29 are a Transpacific and two of the ports are already closed to ships. Talk about needing to make a last minute decision. 

I am on The Golden leaving Sydney April 8. Arrives LAX May 6. Is the one you are referencing the 2 ports already closed? If so, which ones are they. 
safe travels!

I have a cruise booked out of LA next month.  Not sure what to do yet.  And I didn't get any email from Princess either.  Is that because I booked thru a TA and when that happens, the emails go to the TA?  I didn't get anything forwarded from my TA either except a slight itinerary change email.

So if you go, they will give some OBC to intice you to keep your cruise, but if you cancel, you will get a full refund as FCC's?  Am I reading this right?

I need to check my airline as well.  Not planning to cancel now, but will be monitoring.

11 minutes ago, 2wheelin said:

And that gave you the peace of mind not having to worry about canceling costing you. How much was that worth? Apparently it was worth it even before the virus situation arose so i would think that saved you a lot of sleepless nights those without CFAR had.

In any situation, if you have insurance, you must go through that first for a claim

I think it is simply unfair that other passengers are getting for free - the CFAR benefit - that we paid for.  I do not begrudge it to the passengers, but I think Princess could handle it better and refund the cost of the PVP.  Especially since we now have to go through the insurance to cancel, instead of just dealing with our travel agent or Princess Rep like the people who did not purchase the PVP.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LDVinNC said:

I think it is simply unfair that other passengers are getting for free - the CFAR benefit - that we paid for.  I do not begrudge it to the passengers, but I think Princess could handle it better and refund the cost of the PVP.  Especially since we now have to go through the insurance to cancel, instead of just dealing with our travel agent or Princess Rep like the people who did not purchase the PVP.

I agree. Given the circumstance, I am glad Princess made a decision and it frees up some who are traveling and bought different insurance or no insurance. This is unique circumstances.

I also agree, I bought Princess insurance. I think I should receive a refund for it or credit towards another cruise with what I paid for this.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, tonit964 said:

We sail on April 11th and while we're not as concerned about contracting the virus, we do not want to be quarantined on the ship.

We are going to wait until closer to the 31st to make a decision but I will be kind of bummed because we got the Best Sail Ever drink package add on and if we do reschedule, we'll lose that unless we wait to rebook until Sip & Sail rolls around again.

Princess Plus - replaces BSE

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Albinroo said:

Would this new policy also apply to those have already cancelled their upcoming April/May cruises in the last few days?

I’m wondering the same.  I will call my TA in a few days at after the dust settles.  They will be bombarded.  

I’m glad Princess did this during this extraordinary time.  

• Like 1

There are 6 adults and 2 toddlers that were planning to take the Mexican Riviera cruise departing Apr 18. Two of the adults purchased insurance thru a 3rd party, the rest did not.  After receiving the Princess email this morning, I have some questions that hopefully you can help answer quicker than trying to reach them by phone. 

1.  Should I claim a full refund thru the travel insurance company?  We have a valid medical excuse as my husband is in the hospital now.

2.  So will the other 6 get a FULL credit from Princess for any future cruises to be used by 2021 of what was paid versus a FULL refund back to the credit card?  Since the 6 did not purchase travel insurance, maybe the credit card company will give us a refund?

Thanking you in advance.

Our cruise is in July 25, final payment is April 15. We are hoping the best, but based on the current condition, it’s likely that we will cancel the cruise.  

Hope Princess shortens the final payment window for July cruises so we have more time to wait (we really want to go on this cruise as it’s daughter’s graduation celebration.)

10 minutes ago, Coral said:

I bought Princess insurance. I think I should receive a refund for it or credit towards another cruise with what I paid for this.

I have better things to do than dig through threads to see exactly who said what, but, I certainly hope that the folks who kept shaming those who didn't buy CFAR insurance, are not the same people now expecting a refund on their Princess insurance.

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, Lisa B. said:

I am on The Golden leaving Sydney April 8. Arrives LAX May 6. Is the one you are referencing the 2 ports already closed? If so, which ones are they. 
safe travels!

Tonga and Samoa. 

The new policy is good news.  However, when you dial their customer service number, your are informed that there are move then 100 callers ahead of you and to use the chat on the web page.  But I am unable to bring up the chat box.  I did book through a Princess agent and have her number so I called it and left a message.   They are so swamped, I wonder if others who want to cancel will even be able too.  Hopefully independent travel agents will have better luck.  

1 hour ago, cng062000 said:

I've been on hold for 67 minutes and supposed to sail tomorrow too. We will see....

Can you guys please let me know what they say?We are cruising tomorrow toO and I’m wondering if we will get the OBC.  It’s too late to cancel.  Our family is at the point of no return at this point. 

19 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

I have better things to do than dig through threads to see exactly who said what, but, I certainly hope that the folks who kept shaming those who didn't buy CFAR insurance, are not the same people now expecting a refund on their Princess insurance.

Oh ,you know they are.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, here2havefun said:

There are 6 adults and 2 toddlers that were planning to take the Mexican Riviera cruise departing Apr 18. Two of the adults purchased insurance thru a 3rd party, the rest did not.  After receiving the Princess email this morning, I have some questions that hopefully you can help answer quicker than trying to reach them by phone. 

1.  Should I claim a full refund thru the travel insurance company?  We have a valid medical excuse as my husband is in the hospital now.

2.  So will the other 6 get a FULL credit from Princess for any future cruises to be used by 2021 of what was paid versus a FULL refund back to the credit card?  Since the 6 did not purchase travel insurance, maybe the credit card company will give us a refund?

Thanking you in advance.

Check your policy. Some policies require you to notify them with in a certain time frame maybe 48 hours of the covered incident in order for them to pay out.