Where are the ships going now?

Mudhen

3 minutes ago, steamboats said:

I doubt that a whole 14 day quarantine will be held onboard. If the second tests is positive they pretty likely will test all onboard and then send them into quarantine on land. They´ve all learned from the Diamond Princess...

I hope you are right about this.  But not everyone "learned" the lesson you think from the Diamond Princess.  Look what happened to the Zaandam.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SusieQft said:

I hope you are right about this.  But not everyone "learned" the lesson you think from the Diamond Princess.  Look what happened to the Zaandam.

The Zaandam didn´t find a port which accepted the ship. Then HAL decided to go through the Panama Canal and on to Florida. The passengers were allowed to disembark there and didn´t have to stay onboard for a two weeks quarantine.

steamboats

I believe that the Zaandam was given permission to disembark passengers in Punta Arenas, Chile, and then were not allowed to do so there or anywhere in Chile or South America.  The circumstances are not exactly the same, of course, but I still think it is a valid point of reference for what MIGHT happen.  Hopefully that won't be the case.

25 minutes ago, steamboats said:

@travelberlin

They are still conducting a second test. Until the results are back the ship is under quarantine - so nobody is allowed to go onshore. I doubt that a whole 14 day quarantine will be held onboard. If the second tests is positive they pretty likely will test all onboard and then send them into quarantine on land. They´ve all learned from the Diamond Princess...

steamboats

Hope that you are right!  It is a shame that, due to the inability to get their crew home via air, NCLH had to combine crew members from NCL, Oceania and Regent.  On top of that, they are on Regent's smallest ship - likely the most difficult to do distancing.  Although the Navigator holds 490 passengers - this number is double occupancy.  So, it is likely that some crew members had to share suites.  Regent was simply trying to do the right thing for their crew and, it seems that the old saying "no good deed goes unpunished" applies here.  

• Like 1

Reference recent postings regarding Zaandam:  My brother and sister-in-law were on that ship.  We kept in touch with them after our relatively-quick return from San Diego to SEATAC--and on to our Redmond, WA residence on the afternoon of March 14th. Regent canceled our Splendor trip on March 13th.  It was our good fortune NOT to have boarded--given what happened to other ships-at-sea post-March 14th.

They praised the HA crew in handing the constantly-evolving situation onboard after no South American (or any other) port would allow disembarkation.  Finally, almost three weeks later, dry land again at Port Everglades, FL.  No quarantine at Florida. 

GOARMY!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, SusieQft said:

I believe that the Zaandam was given permission to disembark passengers in Punta Arenas, Chile, and then were not allowed to do so there or anywhere in Chile or South America.  The circumstances are not exactly the same, of course, but I still think it is a valid point of reference for what MIGHT happen.  Hopefully that won't be the case.

No, Punta Arenas was the last port they had a shore stop. Later they had a stop (anchoring) for bunkering and supplies plus the Chileneans onboard were allowed to disembark.

steamboats

11 hours ago, Travelcat2 said:

Although the Navigator holds 490 passengers - this number is double occupancy.  So, it is likely that some crew members had to share suites. 

450 is the total number of people onboard - all are crew but some are working crew and some are crew who is repatriated. So regular crew cabins are in use too.

steamboats

Voyager is now transiting the Suez Canal northbound.

I think Voyager may be the distant ship in this screenshot from Norwegian Jade's bridge webcam:

fullsizeoutput_599.jpeg.2135829a01605315dc214911126f7b1b.jpeg

Reminds us of the cruise we should have been on last month 😞

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, flossie009 said:

Voyager is now transiting the Suez Canal northbound.

I think Voyager may be the distant ship in this screenshot from Norwegian Jade's bridge webcam:

Reminds us of the cruise we should have been on last month 😞

Flossie - Thank you so much for this picture and your earlier post mentioning that Voyager was going to transit the Suez Canal with Norwegian Jade close by, followed later by Nautica.  Last time I checked on Voyager she was near Mumbai, but I had lost track of her.  We never managed to take our first Regent cruise (originally 1 March on Voyager - Hong Kong to Tokyo) as it was one of the first cruises to be cancelled.  However we have cruised a bit with Oceania and in fact we went through the Suez Canal on Nautica in 2012.  Despite being mainly landlubbers we have clocked up well over a year of sailing days with a dozen or so different cruiselines over the years, and that Nautica cruise was one of our favourites. 

Meanwhile I have been checking in regularly on the ever-expanding large group of ships in Manila Harbour (not that we have sailed on any of those).  However we were booked on an Australia circumnavigation on Queen Elizabeth - which also was cancelled.  So I had been keeping an eye on her (via Marine Traffic) while she was anchored in a northern Australia port "awaiting orders" and I followed her slow journey to Manila with a companion P & O ship.  Actually from the deck of our house we saw her sailing way out to sea on her journey north. Probably the closest we will get to her. 

"Watching" via Marine Traffic or Vesselfinder all the cruise ships dispersing all over the world is very sad to see -  I hope they are all heading to safe harbour and the crew returned home safely.. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, flossie009 said:

Navigator moored next to Norwegian Breakaway in Barcelona:

.......... and a view from Breakaway's bridge webcam:

The Norwegian Breakaway is currently leaving the port of Barcelona... So no more bridge view photos.

steamboats

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, tert333 said:

The Navigator is on its way!  I dont see any further news on the crew member that tested positive, so hopefully all is well.

Were they able to disembark any crew in Barcelona?

5 hours ago, tert333 said:

The Navigator is on its way!  I dont see any further news on the crew member that tested positive, so hopefully all is well.

On another board, two different people have stated that there were no cases of Covid-19 on Navigator (and state that their sources were reliable).  The positive tests were for antibodies rather than for having an active case of the virus.  I suspect that if there was a new case of Covid-19, the ship would not be merrily on its way to Genoa.  

26 minutes ago, xrvlcruiser said:

Karen,

No-one debarked in Barcelona.

The Navigator is due into dry dock in early June. I don't know where.

Peggy

Peggy, my guess is that the Navigator is going into dry dock at the Fincantieri shipyard in Genova.

Dave

• Like 1

I thought the original idea (posted here anyway) was that some of the crew would disembark in Barcelona.  That was before we found out about the positive antibody tests.  Surely they can't go into dry dock with 450 crew on board, so they will have to find someplace to let them off before that.