Where are the ships going now?

Mudhen

For anyone interested in crew members that remained on vessels:  those who were transferred to Norwegian Joy (including members of the Mariner crew) are currently headed for Busan, South Korea where some expect (hope) to be lodged for a few days before being allowed to fly home.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

Once the ships prepare for sailing again, how do the crew members get to their ships? Do they pay their own way? Just curious. 
sheila

I'm 90% certain that crew members' airfare is paid by Regent.   The last time I was on a Regent ship (seems like years) was last November.  The higher level officers were discussing how nice it was that Regent now allows them to fly Business Class on longer flights.  This was something new and indicated to me that the rest of the crew flies Coach.  

Believe technically that the majority of the crew are Contract hires thru a third party contracting for labor with Regent   Believe only the officers and certain others are directly working for Regent.  This is the same for all cruise lines.  So technically the company the majority of the crew works for have their air covered by the third party company who are reimbursed by Regent as part of paying for the crew.

So Regent ends up paying for the travel expenses which are provided to the vast majority of the crew by the third party company contracting with Regent for crew.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Travelcat2 said:

rallydave - what you say is likely true but does not change my response to Sheila.  She simply wanted to know if crew members paid for their own airfare!

Likely?  Rallydave is 100% correct!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

Likely?  Rallydave is 100% correct!

Well, since I do not know this as a fact, I assumed that what he posted was correct.  However, the question had already been answered and Sheila seemed fine with my response.  In the future, if someone asks who pays for the flights that Regent provides for their crew members, I will know the answer.  

Marc, let's try to have a calm day on CC.

image.png.682cbe619829cb1921950c9371ee6611.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pcardad said:

Joy delayed 1 day - arriving June 16th local.

Pcardad... what have you heard about that list of NCLH sailing dates? Is it true? If it is, our 11/28/2020 Miami-Miami will be cancelled. 
I would check out alternate cruises,  if I knew it to be fact. 
Thanks

sheila 

6 minutes ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

Pcardad... what have you heard about that list of NCLH sailing dates? Is it true? If it is, our 11/28/2020 Miami-Miami will be cancelled. 
I would check out alternate cruises,  if I knew it to be fact. 
Thanks

sheila 

When I asked I basically got a no comment....and TBH, I don't even have an opinion if that means it is garbage or it is means "No comment". Has anyone looked up those dates to see what they match up with for cruises? 

Ships.jpg

OK - Navigator on October 8 is 10 days NY to Montreal. Is Canada going to be open on October 12?

Explorer on November 6 is Barcelona to Dubai.

Voyager on November 14 is Lisbon to Cape Town.

Splendor on December 7 is Miami to Miami.

Mariner on January 5 is the World Cruise out of Miami.

Edited by Pcardad

47 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

OK - Navigator on October 8 is 10 days NY to Montreal. Is Canada going to be open on October 12?

Explorer on November 6 is Barcelona to Dubai.

Voyager on November 14 is Lisbon to Cape Town.

Splendor on December 7 is Miami to Miami.

Mariner on January 5 is the World Cruise out of Miami.

So since these dates are correct..... perhaps, we better consider Plan B!
Switching to Crystal for their back to back special. 14 days  at a price much less than my present deposit.

We do not want to cancel our Regent cruise. It would be fair if someone told us the truth. 
sheila

6 minutes ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

It would be fair if someone told us the truth. 
sheila

Really?  You think?  That list has been on internet for a while now and crickets from Regent or NCLH.  /s

Marc

• Like 1

I doubt if anyone at Regent is currently reading CC because they have enough going on.  So, it is highly unlikely that they know that someone took a photo of the page.

At this point, it is likely too early to say what will be happening to November cruises.  It it is dependent upon so many things and those things change on a daily basis.  Today Dr. Fauci said "a second wave is not inevitable".  This is after being told by multiple sources that the second wave would be worse than the first and would hit in November/December.  

I also recall in one of the interviews with Frank Del Rio that NCLH ships will not necessary resume cruising when the CDC gives the okay.  They apparently will be doing things in a timeframe that makes sense to them (meaning that all protocols are in place  the crew is trained, etc.)

Sheila, it would be interesting for you to try Crystal.  I would enjoy comparing notes!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Travelcat2 said:

I doubt if anyone at Regent is currently reading CC because they have enough going on.  So, it is highly unlikely that they know that someone took a photo of the page.

At this point, it is likely too early to say what will be happening to November cruises.  It it is dependent upon so many things and those things change on a daily basis.  Today Dr. Fauci said "a second wave is not inevitable".  This is after being told by multiple sources that the second wave would be worse than the first and would hit in November/December.  

I also recall in one of the interviews with Frank Del Rio that NCLH ships will not necessary resume cruising when the CDC gives the okay.  They apparently will be doing things in a timeframe that makes sense to them (meaning that all protocols are in place  the crew is trained, etc.)

Sheila, it would be interesting for you to try Crystal.  I would enjoy comparing notes!

They know about ( or at least 2 people do as i mentioned it to them). And they actually have someone on the payroll to read social media and forums and report back. I get the impression that marketing might be a little understaffed at the moment though. Maybe they are concentrating on those insane brochures and catalogs...

To be fair, and as said before on this forum (perhaps in another topic), this could be a real, if aspirational, list, subject to changes.  Could also have been a list dropped by NCLH to see if they had leakers. Could be a list of passenger sail dates, or a listing of crew start up dates.  

My own belief is at this point the CDC is extremely interested in getting crew members off ships safely for both the crew and for land populations and healthcare facilities (hence the development of the color coded lists - which I think may have been the topic of this weeks CDC meetings with the cruise lines) .  https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/cdc-creates-color-code-to-classify-cruise-ships-covid-19-risk/ar-BB14ZCxh

Where CLIA/the lines/CDC/USCG are with actual approvals of ship protocols for sailing with passengers?  Who knows? And, again to be fair - look at what's happening with upticks in a lot of states - I suspect the only people more worried about COVID reappearing on cruise ships than the CDC are the cruise ship owners.  One more well-publicized 'petri dish' mess -- well, there goes that industry IMO.

Certainly, IMO, most of the cruise lines are anxious to keep existing and any possible future reservations as intact as possible, including collecting final payments and getting people to accept FCC's rather than cash refunds - and so this dribbling out of cancellations and selling cruises when we're all pretty sure those cruises will never leave the dock..  They're in a business, and they've got a lot of financial obligations that will come due in the next few years. They've got at least as much of an eye on that, as they do in serving their current and future passengers, I think.

17 minutes ago, Travelcat2 said:

Oh, NCLH knows - they formally requested Facebook take down the original posting.  Granted, CC is probably not high on their list of current reading habits.  Facebook?  Different story, I think.  

Well, these shiping were stationed in the sea for a very long time. I heard that they were trying to wait until the virus (if it was ever present on board) would die out and then they could return back to their home ports. It turned out that in some cases the virus still remained which caused fear among the communities. So, I have no idea where the ships are going right now but I am sure they are going somewhere safe

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

I had no idea. Should it not be posted here? If that is the case, I will delete it.

What, that list of possible sailing dates that might, or might not, be an internal NCLH memo?  

That genie is way out of the bottle IMO - it's posted in the NCL forum for the last few days, and IMO, a corporation can ask for something - doesn't mean they should get it.  I think Facebook did actually remove the initial posting - and then it popped right back up in several other groups.  Seems to me that NCLH has been holding steadily to a 'no comment stance' - fair enough in my eyes.