How are things where YOU are? (in relation to the Corona Virus)

9 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:
  • Oh and I wait, impatiently to see if my trip to hospital tomorrow goes ahead.

Good to have you back here, hope your trip to hospital goes ahead tomorrow Mr GUT. Stay safe.

Pity about your daughter's wedding, but something to look forward to, hopefully not too far away.

Leigh

Edited by possum52

1 hour ago, Docker123 said:

I went passed the electoral office of our state member of parliament.

It is closed. Sign says a non-essential service.

Sums up what many think of our local member.

I saw an interview on ABC this morning with Tanya Plibersek explaining why she has her children still in school.  After mentioning some of the essential workers such as people who stack shelves etc., she explained why she is an essential worker (with a long list of jobs advocating for people)

Your local member doesn't deserve your vote.  We need our elected representatives at this difficult time more than ever.

Edited by MMDown Under

1 hour ago, GUT2407 said:

If your visit isn't essential, might be a good idea to keep away from hospitals at this time.  Guess you heard what happened to Angela Merkel, the German Chancellor?

Day 4 - close to tears this morning. 

Saw a clip of a young doctor in Madrid ?,  with red rings around her eyes exhausted after a ten hour shift, pleading with people to stay home. 

Saw a clip of doctor's removing the breathing tube from a patient and the patient breathed.  Doctors with big smiles came from everywhere clapping.  Small reward for all their hard work trying to save people. 

Then ABC had a video showing people singing "We are One", which tipped me over the edge. 

We are not only One in Australia and One in the World, as we all do our part in trying to beat this virus.  

Time to mow the lawn!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Day 4 - close to tears this morning. 

Saw a clip of a young doctor in Madrid ?,  with red rings around her eyes exhausted after a ten hour shift, pleading with people to stay home. 

Saw a clip of doctor's removing the breathing tube from a patient and the patient breathed.  Doctors with big smiles came from everywhere clapping.  Small reward for all their hard work trying to save people. 

Then ABC had a video showing people singing "We are One", which tipped me over the edge. 

We are not only One in Australia and One in the World, as we all do our part in trying to beat this virus.  

Time to mow the lawn!

Well said, now don't get too close to ye olde Victa !!

Edited by NSWP

3 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Good luck with it all old son.  Rip into a few...0817_Scotts_6_pk.thumb.jpg.e0de90ffb7abd3be16e30dd01f8f1c91.jpg

Edited by NSWP

45 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Good luck with it all old son.  Rip into a few...0817_Scotts_6_pk.thumb.jpg.e0de90ffb7abd3be16e30dd01f8f1c91.jpg

Our favourite pie, taste is great and they will heat up in a microwave, not perfect but better than any other pie, and does not form a brick hard crust like in an oven.

• Like 1

For a lighter note.... in odd spot in the age the other day

Two Violinist went in to a supermarket in Los Angeles

and stood in the empty toilet roll aisle   wearing life jackets

and played  Nearer  My God To Thee.......

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Well said, now don't get too close to ye olde Victa !!

Just going round to my mum''s to mow the lawns  with the family heirloom, a 1966 victa

a pat, with a few pulls and it still goes.....

Cheers and be save   Don.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Russell21 said:

Our favourite pie, taste is great and they will heat up in a microwave, not perfect but better than any other pie, and does not form a brick hard crust like in an oven.

Scotts have been around for years, are they still good value?  Healthy little mites too, 3 star rating.😁

28 minutes ago, Russell21 said:

Les about $7.00 / 6pack. Cheap as.

The more you eat the more you save old son.  I like it.  Cheap as Chips and they won't make you 'crook as Rookwood' unlike some other 'dogs eyes.'😁

Edited by NSWP

3 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

Just going round to my mum''s to mow the lawns  with the family heirloom, a 1966 victa

a pat, with a few pulls and it still goes.....

Cheers and be save   Don.

I think everyone owned a Victa mower.  How were we ever conned to buy cheap Chinese imitations?  I also have a family heirloom, a Sunbeam iron, which I bought for my grandmother with my first pay, which is still ironing better than modern irons.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MMDown Under said:

I think everyone owned a Victa mower.  How were we ever conned to buy cheap Chinese imitations?  I also have a family heirloom, a Sunbeam iron, which I bought for my grandmother with my first pay, which is still ironing better than modern irons.  

My last Victa had a Tecumsah engine - American - replaced by my current self propelled Aldi mower with a Briggs and Stratton.

6 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

My last Victa had a Tecumsah engine - American - replaced by my current self propelled Aldi mower with a Briggs and Stratton.

I have an Aldi battery mower. I don't think it is self propelled though which would be handy on hills.  The latter name rings a bell.  Is it an electric mower?

49 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

I have an Aldi battery mower. I don't think it is self propelled though which would be handy on hills.  The latter name rings a bell.  Is it an electric mower?

Briggs and Stratton are American. They've been around many years making four stroke petrol engines. Lawn mowers to concrete mixers to power generators and much more.

11 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

surgeon has asked if I want to bring my laminectomy forward from 20/4 to 3/4.  Or put it off potentially for many months.

Decisions, decisions

34 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

surgeon has asked if I want to bring my laminectomy forward from 20/4 to 3/4.  Or put it off potentially for many months.

Decisions, decisions

Did surgeon make any suggestions re preferable date?

Edited by MMDown Under

17 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

Decisions, decisions

Good luck, big decision, it’s a big surgery Adrian. Hope all goes well. 

Leigh

1 hour ago, lyndarra said:

Briggs and Stratton are American. They've been around many years making four stroke petrol engines. Lawn mowers to concrete mixers to power generators and much more.

That was my last petrol mower. 

On 3/24/2020 at 12:06 AM, The_Big_M said:

They jumped to level 3->4 restrictions, whereas we have started with level 1.

To be consistent with past Aust government practice, they'll probably increase that every day or so over the coming week...

Well, predicted that one!

I'd laugh, but they way they have handled this is almost shambolic and unfortunately it's a very serious matter.

Day 6 of self isolation.

I'm waking earlier each day.  Guess I have a lot on my mind. 

Each day brings more sadness, like the death of the 71 woman from the Ruby Princess, and the numbers of infected people rising exponentially.  Yet lots of LOL as people handle the virus with humour.  

Today there was a happy ending to the 87 and 89 year olds repatriation from Amsterdam at Fremantle to the US.  It was amazing to read how people rose to the occasion to assist in small ways.  I felt like a small cog from "Come From Away".  The elderly man was worried about the Captain of the Amsterdam because he looked tired and thin.   I had thought the same thing. 

I have never been so busy since I retired.  Everything takes so much longer.  It took me from 7am to 7pm to cancel a Virgin booking.  I became expert at writing emails with one hand, so as to not waste time.  

I voted by phone for the first time for our local authority elections.  This was an interesting experience, mainly to protect the voters' privacy. . 

I tried, without success, to contact Public Trust. So that remains on the To Do List. 

I plan to finish my street group email today - still waiting to hear from one person.  Everyone is offering to help everyone, which warms your heart. 

I plan to do some more washing and more mowing. I finds it helps if I mix things up.

Queensland closes its border at midnight tonight.  You have to feel sorry for the Governments (State and Federal) who spent lots of money on advertising, which now is wasted.  Our Premier is telling people you can't come, you can't holiday in Queensland!

20 hours ago, lyndarra said:

I purchased a new Victa mower about 12 years ago, still runs like a Rolls Royce.  Same engine as Lyndarra said.

Bunnings sells some rubbish mowers, their own brand, my daughters one packed up after a month.

Edited by NSWP