How are things where YOU are? (in relation to the Corona Virus)

I shopped at Aldi yesterday as I needed milk and a few other things. I thought I would get some cans of soup but there were none. They only had those cup-o-soup things that i can't bring myself to call soup. Packets of flavoured salt water IMO.

BTW do supermarkets have bread and butter pudding desserts?

Edited by lyndarra
typos

28 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

I use to see them all the time but now supermarkets are trying to be "fancy" and apparently vegan. There are so many vegan cakes now at Woolies. 

9 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

There are so many vegan cakes now at Woolies. 

They're making cakes out of vegans now?? 😮 Hope the sponge cake I bought from Woolies this morning for Tracey's birthday was made out of flour, eggs & milk etc. I didn't look at the ingredients list, just that it had pink icing.

The cake will be for dessert after our steak, beef sausages (and salad) BBQ.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, lyndarra said:

I shopped at Aldi yesterday as I needed milk and a few other things. I thought I would get some cans of soup but there were none. They only had those cup-o-soup things that i can't bring myself to call soup. Packets of flavoured salt water IMO.

I bought some cup o soups for a standby . Try the Thai Red Curry and the Asian Laska . . 

17 hours ago, mr walker said:

They're making cakes out of vegans now?? 😮 Hope the sponge cake I bought from Woolies this morning for Tracey's birthday was made out of flour, eggs & milk etc. I didn't look at the ingredients list, just that it had pink icing.

The cake will be for dessert after our steak, beef sausages (and salad) BBQ.

Happy birthday, Tracey.  I hope you enjoy your birthday cake and BBQ dinner.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Happy birthday, Tracey.  I hope you enjoy your birthday cake and BBQ dinner.

Thanks for you wishes.She has enjoyed her birthday, which is today. The big party (for 50 people) we had arranged for Sat night was cancelled a while back, but she had a nice day yesterday with our eldest son & his girlfriend coming for lunch - with social distancing.

She had many phone calls today, and some family have arranged a skype ''party' later today. 🙂

As I'm working from home, and we can't go out to the club/pub, I am about to make her favourite bacon & egg rolls for lunch!

We still have another week to go at Level 3. Thursday will be an announcement of life will be like in level 2 , followed by another announcement next Monday on when we move to Level 2 .

Hope it’s not too long to wait as I really need a haircut , although it is rather nice as I am told that with my longer hair , my curls are gorgeous.    🤪🤩🤪

• Like 1

Has anyone taken a first drive. since being in isolation?  We didn't pick perfect weather yesterday for our first drive to Coolangatta.  However, the sun was out when we went for a walk on the beach at Bilinga Beach, such a beautiful wide beach.  Ended up eating our Master Sushi Bento Box in the car at Coolangatta, as it was so cold and windy.  Bought Finn Poke Bowl from Burleigh Heads for tea.  Hope for better weather on Mother's Day. 

"So cold and windy" for a Queenslander.  Southerners would be swimming, if they were allowed across the border. Lots of surfers waiting for waves at all the beaches with waves, so few parking spots.

Edited by MMDown Under

back to food for a moment. I've been going through the pantry to see what I could find. A couple of weeks ago I was in Aldi and remembered, while seeing custard on the shelves, that I had a christmas pudding somewhere. I bought the custard and cooked up the pudding. It was a self saucing one with almonds. The cake was ok but the sauce and almonds not so good. Best before date was 2015!

A couple of days ago I found some frozen minced beef in the freezer (it had only been there a couple of weeks) so I thought I would marry that up with soft taco kit, best before 11/2017. Contents of box were 10 small soft tortillas, sauce and seasoning. Cooked it up and ate four with chopped tomatoes, onion, cheese and lettuce. Yummy. All good.

I'll have another look tomorrow to see what else I can find. I think there's a couple of Black Forest cakes mixes in there somewhere, b/b about 2016.

Here's to all the mothers!  I hope you are able to catch up with your children and enjoy your special day. 

I am blessed that I can spend Mother's Day with both daughters.

For lovers of musicals, "Here's to the Ladies" is on Sunday night at 7.30pm.($15)

Monday night at 7 pm - "Lights Up on Arts"

Wednesday nights at 7 pm - "Big Night In" with John Foreman

How does everyone feel about the reduction of restrictions?  Each state will be different. Our first stage commences midnight 15/5.  Looking forward to ten allowed in cafes and 150klm driving limit to visit along the Coast.  Good idea to be 20 allowed in cafes and 500klm to visit in the bush. 

As Victoria has not lifted any restrictions, my Mother's Day will be very different to normal. I won't be seeing my family, the first time ever. But we will have video contact sometime during the day and we'll order a takeaway meal from a local cafe and enjoy that. I will phone my Mum as per normal and have a chat to her. I have organised flowers to be sent to Mum which I'm sure she will enjoy. 

I have spoken to friends, daughter, daughter in law and Mum about mot seeing our families and their responses were all pragmatic. Hopefully next year will be back to normal.

Leigh

Pouring rain in sunny Williamstown, and temp dropping.

Mum is in Perth, so will have to ring her. My sister who has been her most regular contact is in a nursing role, rules out visits.

My older brother and his wife should get there for a cuppa.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Thank you.  They are beautiful.   Your garden?

The top one is from mum’s garden, last December when I was in Perth.

Second some random garden in Williamstown.

The hibiscus from the Williamstown Botanic Gardens, yesterday.