How are things where YOU are? (in relation to the Corona Virus)

5 minutes ago, possum52 said:

I have no issues with Dan Andrews, he's in a no win situation. I think that many Melbournians have had enough of lockdown restrictions but unfortunately can't see that we have to go the full distance with them. They are easily influenced by the anti everything activists and social media hasn't helped. I was looking at a local MP's FB page this morning, this person has worked very hard for his electorate and has been available to provide information and help basically 24/7. But this morning, some of the abuse he was copping was shocking and I doubt these people even live in his electorate. 

Isn't Scomo unable to demand the borders open due to the federal constitution?

Leigh

Well then, time to get Parliament to change the constitution, let us us become a Republic and get rid of the States, their Governors and the Governor General.

Edited by NSWP

2 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

As Leigh said, constitutional issues of states rights.

However, as you look at the abuse hurled at her, remember that SA, NSW, Tas, WA all have various degrees of closed borders. Hardly mentioned.

One particular norther state has an election on 31 October. More than a little politicking involved, in my opinion.

Like I have said before. It seems some states are getting harsher criticism than others.

BTW, after yesterday's National Cabinet meeting, WA is the only one that has said it is unlikely the borders will be open for Xmas.

7 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

From this chart, it looks like we are going to have a comfortable, alcohol led recovery

CC3AC28A-27D0-4EBD-9A1D-8B913621BEA6.thumb.png.31fab6de873a58e048288bf7e27b422d.png

A couple of those figures surprise me with the amount of Australia Post and home deliveries around us, including our place. 😀

And we have certainly saved more, although have managed to spend some around the home - roof and new decking at front of house that we hadn't planned on doing this year. 

Leigh

53 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

From this chart, it looks like we are going to have a comfortable, alcohol led recovery

CC3AC28A-27D0-4EBD-9A1D-8B913621BEA6.thumb.png.31fab6de873a58e048288bf7e27b422d.png

Dan Murphy is always busy on my weekly visits for medications.

Edited by NSWP

31 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I was just checking the news, plenty of action in Melbourne CBD, anti lockdown activists v police.  VicPol Divvy Vans getting a workout.  

I checked all the online media earlier Les, the number of protesters ranged from a couple of 100 up to thousands depending on which one you believe.😀

4 hours ago, possum52 said:

I have no issues with Dan Andrews, he's in a no win situation. I think that many Melbournians have had enough of lockdown restrictions but unfortunately can't see that we have to go the full distance with them. They are easily influenced by the anti everything activists and social media hasn't helped. I was looking at a local MP's FB page this morning, this person has worked very hard for his electorate and has been available to provide information and help basically 24/7. But this morning, some of the abuse he was copping was shocking and I doubt these people even live in his electorate. 

Isn't Scomo unable to demand the borders open due to the federal constitution?

Leigh

Yes and no, lots of things the feds can’t do they do by making funding conditional on it being done.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NSWP said:

I was just checking the news, plenty of action in Melbourne CBD, anti lockdown activists v police.  VicPol Divvy Vans getting a workout.  

Just saw a post from VicPol on FB saying they arrested fifteen people, one for assaulting a police officer and fourteen for breaching the CHO's directions. One hundred and fifty infringement notices were issued for breaching the CHO's directions. They expect to issue more infringement notices once idividuals have been identified. The fifteen arrested are in custody.

Leigh

Well tonight... i have decided to take solace in my favorite things ( besides the better half )

Good food and wine.... a three course dinner... beginning with a G&T   ( very soon ) 

( without the cruise....lol )

And forget about pollies and Covid-19....

Cheers and have a great evening  Don

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

Cheers...🍸🥃🍸

10 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Bon Appetit!

Thanks.....

Just to complete the picture      SA  Oysters with lime, followed by North Qld Prawns with chips salad, with  a Blue Pyrenees Sparking... finishing with Cheese and crackers  and watching Titanic on the new TV........ Isn't life good......lol

All the best Don    about to serve dinner

• Like 1

16 hours ago, lyndarra said:

I have sympathy for the state premiers regardless of political leanings. They have an extremely difficult job to do and I know it's not a job I would like to have. Too many critics believe they can push their own political barrow by cheap swiping at their leaders. They, the critics, have their rhetoric but they certainly don't have all, or in some cases, any solutions.

But what about when the premier is pushing their own political barrow?

1 hour ago, MMDown Under said:

Tourism, which relied on overseas visitors, has been hit badly, which is the fault of closed international borders due to virus, not the Old. Premier.

That tourism also relied on visitors from NSW and Victoria, and the closed QLD border has definitely stopped that. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

That tourism also relied on visitors from NSW and Victoria, and the closed QLD border has definitely stopped that. 

Yes, that has definitely had a big affect.  I agree with the Qld. Premier, who has said you need to fix the health of the people before you can fix the economy.  We look forward to NSW and Vic. getting their community virus outbreaks under control, so all States can open up.  We feel for NSW and Vic, but don't want to go back there.

PM's "All states getting back on the bus" didn't work for me, because I no longer get the bus, being in the vulnerable senior group.  I only drive or walk.

Qld. Govt is encouraging tourism by investing 15 million in Aviation Recovery Fund.  Flights have recommenced from Adelaide to the Sunshine Coast.

I wish NSW had been a bit tougher when the current Sydney outbreak started. Instead of being confined to one part of Sydney it's now popping up all over the city. But our premier is following the PM's line of economy before health. 😡 The only thing that's kept it in check is the very good NSW contact tracing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Not entirely. Our caravan parks have a lot of NSW and Victorian visitors booked in for the duration. They came to Queensland before the border closed. Apparently the tourism operators in Queensland are doing OK with these visitors plus locals.