March 25, 2020 Oceania Update

bbtondo

6 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Marine traffic  has them heading for Freeport  for the 26th

Maybe they are just re anchoring offshore

Just a side note... I believe the ships have to be a reasonable distance off shore and at speed to produce water on board.

They may have also moved to allow another ship a berth so that the other ship can re-supply, get fuel, etc.

1 hour ago, Jancruz said:

I just cant believe O is thinking of sailing in less than two weeks..

Im checking..

Jancruz1

Jan - I doubt very much that they are thinking of sailing this soon.

If they do, they will sail with empty ships - who in their right mind would get on a cruise ship in 2 weeks and where would they hope to go?

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Hoopster95 said:

Just a side note... I believe the ships have to be a reasonable distance off shore and at speed to produce water on board.

They may have also moved to allow another ship a berth so that the other ship can re-supply, get fuel, etc.

That is possible   plus  Nassau  is very crowded with ships  now 😉

from Marine traffic site

The vessel departed from NASSAU, BS on 2020-03-25 12:29 MyT (UTC -4) and is currently sailing at 16.7 knots with Northeast direction heading to FREEPORT, BS with reported Estimated Time of Arrival at 2020-03-26 16:00 MyT (UTC -4) local time (in 16 hours, 44 minutes )

9 hours ago, Jancruz said:

I just cant believe O is thinking of sailing in less than two weeks..

Im checking..

Jancruz1

I was just going to give you the link to Oceania's recent statement on March 25th.  Yes, it is real. I cut and pasted those statements directly from Oceania's website yesterday.   This is another cut and paste heading from Oceania's statement I read a few minutes ago:

"COVID-19 TRAVEL AND HEALTH PROTOCOLS FOR VOYAGES EMBARKING APRIL 12, 2020 ONWARD"

It certainly gives the impression that they are sailing after April 12th. 

Yes, and the rules haven't changed but it is important to note the following highlighted in bold:

Denial of boarding will occur in the following cases:

• Guests who have traveled from, visited or transited via airports in China, Hong Kong, Macau, South Korea, Iran, or countries or regions identified by the CDC as having widespread ongoing transmission (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/index.html) within 30 days of their voyage embarkation, regardless of nationality. Travel companions of these guests who share the same stateroom will also be denied boarding.

When you click on the CDC link it will show you a map and who has widespread ongoing transmissions. 

What I find interesting is this pretty much includes ALL of Europe (which translates to no European cruises) and it also includes Canada whose Total Active Cases/1 million population is 84 (total active cases of  3188); whereas the US has 67117 active case which translates to 203 active cases per million population.  Why isn't the US considered widespread ongoing transmission by the CDC?   Actually China and South Korea have 3 and 97 active cases per million respectively; much lower infection rate than the US.

I think quite a few people at Oceania are in a severe state of denial. AND, CDC is not holding the US to the same standards as it is rest of the world.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Fam_Cruise said:

Yes, and the rules haven't changed but it is important to note the following highlighted in bold:

• Guests who have traveled from, visited or transited via airports in China, Hong Kong, Macau, South Korea, Iran, or countries or regions identified by the CDC as having widespread ongoing transmission (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/index.html) within 30 days of their voyage embarkation, regardless of nationality. Travel companions of these guests who share the same stateroom will also be denied boarding.

When you click on the CDC link it will show you a map and who has widespread ongoing transmissions. 

What I find interesting is this pretty much includes ALL of Europe (which translates to no European cruises) and it also includes Canada whose Total Active Cases/1 million population is 84 (total active cases of  3188); whereas the US has 67117 active case which translates to 203 active cases per million population.  Why isn't the US considered widespread ongoing transmission by the CDC?   Actually China and South Korea have 3 and 97 active cases per million respectively; much lower infection rate than the US.

I think quite a few people at Oceania are in a severe state of denial. AND, CDC is not holding the US to the same standards as it is rest of the world.

There is no way Oceania will be resuming  in April ,B.A have cancelled  all my flights in May, may be they know something O Does not.

1 hour ago, Fam_Cruise said:

I  think they should deny boarding to anyone who has been in the United States!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Paulchili said:

If they do, they will sail with empty ships - who in their right mind would get on a cruise ship in 2 weeks and where would they hope to go?

People that watch Brit Hume perhaps?

Edited by ORV
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 3/25/2020 at 7:57 AM, susiesan said:

They will be those cruises to nowhere as there are no ports anywhere in the world that are accepting cruise ships now. Europe is closed. Asia is closed. Australia is closed. South America is closed.

Antarctica is still open.

Actually, no.....it really never has been open..to cruise ship passengers.   The expedition ships  never really stop on the continent proper  . According  to what I have seen they let passengers off on small offshore islands and the people think they are on the continent.    Antarctica has the most stringent visitation rules to prevent contamination of any sort..  Has been this way for years......as far as I know.....

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Hawaiidan said:

Actually, no.....it really never has been open..to cruise ship passengers.   The expedition ships  never really stop on the continent proper  . According  to what I have seen they let passengers off on small offshore islands and the people think they are on the continent.    Antarctica has the most stringent visitation rules to prevent contamination of any sort..  Has been this way for years......as far as I know.....

My sister and BIL went to Antarctica on Seabourn. You are taken ashore via zodiacs onto the continent proper per their report. The landings are generally on the Antarctic Peninsula, which is physically part of the of continent.

Edited by njhorseman
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

My sister and BIL went to Antarctica on Seabourn. You are taken ashore via zodiacs onto the continent proper per their report. The landings are generally on the Antarctic Peninsula, which is physically part of the of continent.

We also went to Antarctica on Seabourn and spent 7 days(out of 22 day cruise) there with at least 1 zodiac landing each day.  The ship was only allowed to have 380 passengers which, with the crew, kept the total number on board under the Antarctica strict limit.  We were defiantly on land on the physical part of the continent several times.... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hawaiidan said:

And Antarctica doesn't need cruise business or any business. PS: It was magical.

IMG_6415.JPG

15 hours ago, Paulchili said:

Well, I can no longer worry about when O is sailing as our grandaughter who is a nurse has a husband and year old baby just was confirmed to have coronavirus..prayers for Paige will be very welcome..right now she is sheltering at home..her symptons were no sense of smell or taste..so be aware..

Jancruz1

13 minutes ago, Jancruz said:

Well, I can no longer worry about when O is sailing as our grandaughter who is a nurse has a husband and year old baby just was confirmed to have coronavirus..prayers for Paige will be very welcome..right now she is sheltering at home..her symptons were no sense of smell or taste..so be aware..

Jancruz1

Oh Jan, I am so sorry to hear that.

Indeed we will keep Paige in our thoughts and prayers and wish her all the best and a fast recovery.

At the same time, you & Stu need to stay safe as well.

Edited by Paulchili
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Jancruz said:

Jancruz1

Jan - You and your entire family are in our thoughts and prayers.

46 minutes ago, Jancruz said:

Jancruz1

Absolutely!!

57 minutes ago, Jancruz said:

Jancruz1

So sorry to hear this ... thoughts and prayers go to everyone who is dealing with this crisis, but especially for those who have COVID-19.

2 hours ago, Jancruz said:

Jancruz1

Oh, Jan! So very sorry to hear this. You all are in my prayers in the difficult days ahead.

Donna

2 hours ago, Jancruz said:

Jancruz1

Jan

So sorry to hear this 

it is the frontline workers that are at the most risk  like Doctors/nurses/PSW's/Paramedics etc

Wishing them all a speedy recovery

Lyn

• Like 1

All these cruiser are looking for ways to make profit. I wouldn't judge them. They are doing all they can to attract people and stay in business. If I am not mistaken there like a few Cruisers left in the sea who are still operating. I wonder how much their crew is getting paid. They are risking their life and doing everything is possible for their company to stay in business 

4 hours ago, Jancruz said:

Jancruz1

So sorry to hear this.  Will add your family to my prayers.