Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Normal?  What is that?

I work in a nursing home as the Assistant Director of Activities, nothing is EVER normal in our field!  Right now, the only thing I can count on is being overworked and overtired!

However, I am using that fatigue to my advantage: since the start of the pandemic, I've come up with three different games to play with the residents:

1.) In November, we had "COVID Candyland", about all the restrictions we have.

2.) January brought us "Shots And Ladders" when we found out that we would be offered the COVID vaccines.

4.) This month, we have the debut of "The Race To Normalcy", about the rush to get the vaccines and all the trouble we're having with the rollout.  Sadly, all the events that are talked about in the game are ripped right from the headlines, including the cruise shutdown.

My residents and I are at the point where if we don't laugh about it, we cry!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Just now, singinalot said:

ahhhhhh we have a showing of our house tomorrow. It’s not even on the market yet. Our realtor best friend, Brett, (from our Allure trip 2020), has a client who’s looking for a house like ours. Let the cleaning and purging begin...now where’d I put my wine?! it’s gonna be a long night.

Congratulations.  You will be moved before you know it.  

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, singinalot said:

ahhhhhh we have a showing of our house tomorrow. It’s not even on the market yet. Our realtor best friend, Brett, (from our Allure trip 2020), has a client who’s looking for a house like ours. Let the cleaning and purging begin...now where’d I put my wine?! it’s gonna be a long night.

Let the bidding wars begin! Throw in a free bottle of wine with each serious offer. 

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, singinalot said:

Good luck. Fingers crossed for a bidding war!

3 hours ago, singinalot said:

Good luck. One step closer. This house I have in dallas they did a coming soon, then held one open hourse, took bids, then went back to those who bid for their best and highest. Worked. Sellers can really play off buyers against each other. I'm sure you will get a good price, you have worked to make it a show piece.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, singinalot said:

Great news.

I'm sure the prospective buyer will love your lovely house.

9 hours ago, Keksie said:

I don't know how to tag anyone and don't want to quote the large post but I really love A&L_Ont cat Lucy.  .

If you want to tag, press @ immediately followed by d a n..... until the system gives u the right "combination" , then press on it  

@dani negreanu

👍😁

• Like 3

7 hours ago, singinalot said:

Good luck.

15 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Just woke up from my second shot achy nap.  At least I feel better but my arm is sore.  Why is the second shot worse😷?

Fire rescue tech that gave me my second shot told me (without asking him) that the first shot "just sets you up"....then the second shot is the real kicker and clinches the deal.   He was right.  All side effects gone in 3 days for us after second shot.  

• Like 6

15 hours ago, firefly333 said:

It was the same for me. I felt sick and ran a fever and couldnt eat the next day after shot 1 and 2.

Anything to feel safer again.  A day or two of feeling sick worth it to me.

Ditto to that, considering the alternative of not getting the shot.  😉 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

I tried to stay off that side but it is hard when you really need to rollover!

Oh my sore arm definitely let me know that sleeping on that side was a no go!!  Other side or my back for three nights.  All good now.  🙂 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Anyone I know who has had Moderna seems to have more reaction than those with Pfizer.  My DH got Pfizer on Monday and other than a little soreness, he has been fine.  I couldn't get an appointment at the same place, they booked up in the time it took me to book his, so I went to another place which has Moderna.  Very happy we have had our first shots, just very different reactions.  

The people I talked to, including my sister, who got the Pfizer was the opposite.  Had more side effects with that one.  My sister was very sick for 3 days after both Pfizer shots.  

I guess I will have to report back on side effects.  Just got the second shot of the moderna vaccine this morning.  It was delayed due to Pennsylvania’s distribution problems. Was scheduled to receive it last Saturday at 4 weeks.  Just glad to have both shots out of the way.

Only had a sore arm the day after the first shot, and a small headache.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, island lady said:

The people I talked to, including my sister, who got the Pfizer was the opposite.  Had more side effects with that one.  My sister was very sick for 3 days after both Pfizer shots.  

My team at work all had the two Pfizer shots on exactly the same days 3 weeks apart.  We all reacted differently.  I felt worse the first time.  The second time I felt hardly any side effects yet two colleagues had to go home early the following day.  I think there are so many variables.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, singinalot said:

Our friend/real estate agent who will sell our house in Ohio told us to be sure that we had a place to live when we put our house on the market.  Houses are selling so fast that sellers often need to get out of their current house before they can move into a new house and need temp housing.  There's actually good news though...you probably don't need to make your house look as perfect for it to sell.  A little less cleaning and purging and a little more wine drinking. Good luck!

• Like 5