Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Pauline received the video from a friend on March 11th.

It would have took time to organise all the look alikes and setting for the video so it could be either after but more likely before.

"Me thinks" this video is very old... at least ways before the Covid [and "Mexit"] stuck...😉

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

"Me thinks" this video is very old... at least ways before the Covid [and "Mexit"] stuck...😉

I think so too. 

It is 50°F cloudy and very windy here today.

Pauline has her work desk set up downstairs but soon might have to go back to her office part of the week.

I'm 65 in October and only work 1 day a week now.

I hope everyone has a lovely day.

Graham.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

We had severe rain storms with very strong winds pass thru last night.   The sky looked so eery.

Today beautiful sunny clear day but much colder in the 40s with cold wind. 

See-saw weather this march. 

I realized yesterday we were supposed to board Anthem for Eric's birthday cruise.   That's 2 years of no birthday cruise so he remains same age from 2019.   Bd is 3.31

Booked same one for 22,  third one will be a charm!

• Like 8

9 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

We were on a TP cruise with Cruise Wizard Gary in 2017. He set up an island excursion in Bora Bora. We had a blast.

Yup, Gary emailed me, as soon as I emailed him, that we finally got to rebook the Australia tour.  He once again told me about the tour in Bora Bora, sent links and pictures with long description.  He said he and Mary had done the Australian TP twice now before, but just can't take that 23-24 hour flight down there anymore.  

He did lament on how he will miss it, mostly due to the Bora Bora tour.  😉 We are very excited about taking the tour as well.  In fact he was the one that told us about Nachi Cocum in Cozumel, which we have been to many times now, and I think he told us about Maya Chan in Costa Maya.  Once again a favorite tour.  Those two really DO get around!  🤗

He did talk us into joining them for a B2B in Tampa on Serenade Dec. 2022, and just recently he had to "twist my arm" 😄 to have us join them on taking advantage of finally getting a Radiance class ship here in PC (Jewel).  That B2B cruise is the following month in January 2023.   

• Like 4

Bucky's morning project is to paint the door that leads from the the kitchen to the garage.  He taped off the opening to keep from going out, and to keep any bugs from coming in.  This was his joke to make sure I did not walk through it.  😄  

20210329_084821.jpg

• Like 7
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

We were in Paris a couple of days after Diana's death and visited the site above the Pont de L'Alma tunnel where her car crashed and it was covered in flowers.

We were there in 2018 and the Flame of Liberty monument near the tunnel is still used as a memorial of her death, with flowers and signs.

Di.thumb.jpg.f180f2f8e8c6738bff4ace72d4abee23.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Today beautiful sunny clear day but much colder in the 40s with cold wind. 

See-saw weather this march. 

Have I mentioned that March is my least favorite month?

I was hoping to use my snowblower one more time but that doesn't look like will happen.  Now comes the quandary: drain the gas/run dry or add fuel stabilizer. I've had mixed results both ways.

1 minute ago, HBE4 said:

I was hoping to use my snowblower one more time but that doesn't look like will happen.  Now comes the quandary: drain the gas/run dry or add fuel stabilizer. I've had mixed results both ways.

I just ran our snowblower out of gas on Saturday.    this is what I have done for several years now and never had an issue.     

I usually store several gallons of gas in the shed during the winter months and I put fuel stabilizer in those containers.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, island lady said:

Bucky's morning project is to paint the door that leads from the the kitchen to the garage.  He taped off the opening to keep from going out, and to keep any bugs from coming in.  This was his joke to make sure I did not walk through it.  😄  

20210329_084821.jpg

I love it! We seem to be one step behind you with home projects. I have someone coming out today to give me and estimate on replacing the front door. It's the same company that replaced our windows and the door going from the house to the garage three years ago. The door came primed but not painted and it still that way. I'm not good at painting. My husband asked last night if I thought the owner coming out today would noticed the lack of paint.

• Like 2

Just now, ownedbypets said:

I love it! We seem to be one step behind you with home projects. I have someone coming out today to give me and estimate on replacing the front door. It's the same company that replaced our windows and the door going from the house to the garage three years ago. The door came primed but not painted and it still that way. I'm not good at painting. My husband asked last night if I thought the owner coming out today would noticed the lack of paint.

This is a small light door compared to what he had to do to the front door a week ago.  Took it completely down and had to repair small spots of dry rot on the bottom of it (steel door, but wood corners on the bottom).  Plus he replaced the seal on the bottom.  That and paint both sides. 

It has a big lead lined stained glass panel in it, making it very heavy.  Took all both of could do to wrestle with that thing!  😮 

But it does look nice now and has a much better seal.  🤗

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I just ran our snowblower out of gas on Saturday.    this is what I have done for several years now and never had an issue.     

I usually store several gallons of gas in the shed during the winter months and I put fuel stabilizer in those containers.

Thanks! Perhaps this is where I've been going wrong all this time. Storing the equipment properly and then using old, stale gas at the start of the next season.

1 minute ago, island lady said:

What's a snow blower?  

One of my most favorite winter toys! 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Coralc said:

I think the whole world was sad about the passing of (Princess) Diana and the shocking way that she died. :classic_sad: And John Kennedy Jr. in a plane crash. You never expect young people to be taken so suddenly. 

We were in Hyannis when they were searching for JFK Jr's plane. News vans all over the place.  My heart also went out to Diana's boys sadly walking behind her casket. Beyond sad.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Coralc said:

I think the whole world was sad about the passing of (Princess) Diana and the shocking way that she died. :classic_sad: And John Kennedy Jr. in a plane crash. You never expect young people to be taken so suddenly. 

John Kennedy Jr., his wife and SIL's death was a great tragedy. The Kennedy "curse" 😢

After the deep sadness and the shock, I remember thinking that, at least, Jackie wasn't alive to see yet another one of her children die before her......

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I also store multiple 5 gallon tanks with stabilizer, flipping them every 6 months. I keep them for the generators and when it is time to replenish them I run the remaining fuel through the farm truck. It disappears quickly in it. I try not to let gas get older than 6 months. 

I personally never run equipment dry.  I do add stabilizer and top up each tank to the equipment being stored for the off season.  When I add the stabilizer I let the piece of equipment run for 5 minutes to let it get through the lines as well.  My philosophy is that an empty tank can sweat with climate change, causing moisture to form and the tank to rust internally if metal. If it is a plastic tank the moisture would remain.

That’s what I do, with no science behind it. That being said, nothing sits here for more than a few months at a time. 

• Like 4

I took mom yesterday for her 1st shot. She got Pfizer.  

In talking with her today she is feeling a bit sore in the arm but that is it. Her sister and husband go today. We are now waiting for the next group to open so Lisa’s mom can get her appointment booked. 

• Like 9

3 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Don’t curse us! Anyone from the Northeast and/or New England remember the April 1st blizzard several years ago?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1