Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

10 hours ago, akcruz said:

Besides microwave story above, tried to get a new coffee pot, choice was basic model or one with all the bells and whistles, went cheap for now, hopefully will have more choices when that one goes.

We really miss having an outdoor grill, so we also decided to take the temporary route...a cheap camping grill from Lowes, until we can get the real thing built.  

64692569884__BAAC6F25-BB93-41A3-A3FE-F931282EA7F5.thumb.jpg.5a0ec2652f89d1058ba11081cadc2541.jpg

We don't even have anything to put it on until the moving truck gets here.  🤣🤣

• Like 10
  • Haha 6

7 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

We really miss having an outdoor grill, so we also decided to take the temporary route...a cheap camping grill from Lowes, until we can get the real thing built.  

Love how you think.

7 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Multifunctional flight simulator table, maybe covered with tin foil for heat separation?😂

7 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I love the set up.  I used to mess with the MFS when it first came out.  I have been highly considering getting back into it.  One thing holding me back is a computer.  I’ve been needing to build a new one but components are so hard to get. Graphics cards prices are so high and hard to get.  I mainly want it to get back to Photoshop but a flight simulator would also be cool.

I got lucky in that I upgraded my computer shortly before Covid hit.  I spec'd it for heavy duty photo and video editing and over built it so that it would still be good several years from now.  That means that it's also good for gaming (although I wasn't a gamer then and am not really now either, other than MSFS).  Went with an i7-10700, an RTX-2070, 32GB of DDR4 3200 RAM, a couple of 1TB MVNe SSDs, and a couple of 5TB spinning disks for photo/video archive.  Runs an ultrawide HD monitor nicely at about 60 fps.  I guess I do sound like a gamer, don't I.

6 hours ago, sgmn said:

My husband is desperate to get the new Microsoft flt sim. He has the old version but we need to upgrade our home PC before he gets the new version. His job was a world wide Flight planner and he's almost finished an epic round the world flight in real time..

This is one of the things that I'd like to do eventually.  Would need to do so in a lot of shorter hops, and with the use of autopilot.  If he's doing this flying manually, he has my full respect, and is probably a little bit crazy.

36 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I have MS Flighr Simulator. However, I don't have a yoke. I use a joy stick which is more typical of flying an Airbus than a Boeing. I've seen some YouTube guys that have pretty amazing setups. I've heard of a guy that has a 737 cockpit in his garage. Of course, if you heard it in the internet it must be true, righr?

If you're in the market, I love this Honeycomb Alpha yoke so far.  It got great reviews and I can see why.  I'm waiting on the Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant to get back in stock, and for the Honeycomb Charlie rudder pedals to be released shortly (which will probably sell out quickly).  It's not the full cockpit that you see on YouTube (it's amazing what accessories are available to do that) but it will be nice and can be put away in a cabinet when not in use...an agreement that I have with my wife. 😁

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Multifunctional flight simulator table, maybe covered with tin foil for heat separation?😂

You're not far off.  We have another cheap folding table on the moving truck that will raise up the camping grill.  Not sure yet about heat separation, but tin foil would certainly fit the cheap, temporary theme. 

• Like 1

Our moving truck just got here...sort of.  The driver is trying to figure out if he can back a full sized 18 wheel truck down our dead end cul-de-sac street.

APC_1540-hdr.thumb.JPG.0b7985d4fa5febebc9eaf3f1aca518bd.JPG

There's an overhead branch that may force him to stop 3 houses away, and then they'd move everything from there by hand/dolly.  Ouch.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

@A&L_Ont

@Sea Dog

@DaniDanielle

@Luckynana

@Sunshine3601

Thanks everyone I will tell him. Hope I didn’t miss anyone.

Mike just said thanks to everyone and this includes Dani and Graham from another post.

I'm late to the birthday party.  Hope Mike had a fabulous special day.

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Nice photo of your daughter,her husband and the cars.

Thanks, Graham.  They bought the house seen in the picture a few months ago in part because the house is on a corner and has 2 driveways leading to the house from both streets.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

64692569884__BAAC6F25-BB93-41A3-A3FE-F931282EA7F5.thumb.jpg.5a0ec2652f89d1058ba11081cadc2541.jpg

Beautiful patio stones

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Our moving truck just got here...sort of.  The driver is trying to figure out if he can back a full sized 18 wheel truck down our dead end cul-de-sac street.

There's an overhead branch that may force him to stop 3 houses away, and then they'd move everything from there by hand/dolly.  Ouch.

Sounds like they may have to adjust the cost of your move if that is the case. Usually when they quote you a price it means you have access to both houses without interferences from wires,  trees, driveways, one way traffic, parking issues to load and unload.

Pretty sure they are going to charge you more if they have to lug the stuff from 3 houses down form yours.

This is all going to take extra time to perform the move.

When we made our move from NJ to Virginia, they asked us to be sure they can easily get to both houses for unloading and loading.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Sounds like they may have to adjust the cost of your move if that is the case. Usually when they quote you a price it means you have access to both houses without interferences from wires,  trees, driveways, one way traffic, parking issues to load and unload.

Pretty sure they are going to charge you more if they have to lug the stuff from 3 houses down form yours.

This is all going to take extra time to perform the move.

When we made our move from NJ to Virginia, they asked us to be sure they can easily get to both houses for unloading and loading.

Good point.  My Mil had similiar situation when she moved and they charged her extra too.   She tried arguing with them but that got her nowhere.

Here is pictures of our house here in Virginia...We had 3 of these ABF trailers...2 of the trailers we loaded and unloaded ourselves. The third trailer we hired movers for all the heavy furniture to be loaded and unloaded.

Access to both houses was no issue.

The move was back in January.  We had all the trailers delivered 2 days apart.

The trailer sizes were those piggy-back trailers you see on the highways..........not a full size trailer.

But even though they are a smaller size we did still have 3 of them loaded full.

Company we used is called U-Pack.com, much cheaper then regular moving companies, which charge by pieces and weight etc...........We could have loaded as much weight in the trailers as we wanted. Worked well for us.

20210128_085411.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

It’s a lovely street; it looks very quiet!

We have moved more often than I care to think about (military). Get your bedroom put away first- because eventually you want to sleep- and tomorrow the kitchen, because glasses and other breakables take an enormous amount of space in moving boxes. Then unpack everything.

Good luck!

• Like 3

Just docked in St Thomas the Edge is the first ship to dock here in over a year , we were told masks are suggested and they are mandatory inside, I am sure the stores can’t wait to see us. Will go downtown shorty, passengers not vaccinated must do ship tours we have no restrictions, my wife won another couple of hundreds on the slots last night.

• Like 13

Today woke up at 6 am to start my kolachi recipe for cookie table. 
First grind walnuts and add sugar and vanilla. 
Next make dough and let raise in oven so the cat will not attack. She loves the smell of yeast. 
After that get out marble pizza dough plate and rolling pin. 
Place powder sugar and nuts and roll. 
Place on parchment paper. 
Into over convection 335 for 17 min.

Cool on racks. 
Slice and enjoy

15 left for wedding.  Will make 7 1/2 dozen. 

4474084A-1066-4325-8537-48929F9CA48F.jpeg

4CCC8AEE-3660-4FD7-B361-4B3D9E034FF1.jpeg

D53F3BB5-AA10-4EF8-8E95-A22C960EBD51.jpeg

AFE6F8D0-ECFC-4636-A3A7-60B3CF37436A.jpeg

• Like 14

Made a deposit for the cruise which includes our bucket list -- Malta. Got a "group" deal for less than 800$ off the published rate 😉 + 250$ OBC. Sweet.

Now I have 2 cruises "in the make" -- will decide later which one we'll cancel.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Congrats That's a great deal.

Usually, they have good prices, but I was really surprised when she quoted me less than 800$... (from 8868$ to 8008$). That's for a 10 days cruise in their newest ship.

She also mentioned another 200$ in OBC that was promised, but said: "I'll believe it when I'll see it in the invoice...".

Celebrity doesn't do "balcony discount", instead you get one free category upgrade as past passenger, so we went from the cheapest "concierge" to the "middle range" one.

I like the location of those cabins, right near the elevators. I even managed to book the same cabin as in the other cruise 😉

• Like 4

First day back in the office in 15 months today!  As i carried all my stuff back in to the office, on my desk was the last Seapass card I used when I got off Mariner 619 days ago!   Slowly life returns to normal, or is headed that way. 

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

What do get someone for their birthday when they already have a B787? 🤔😇

He said he wants a SpaceX Falcon 9, but we know that’s not going to happen. Welcome back.

• Like 2

I have MS Flighr Simulator. However, I don't have a yoke. I use a joy stick which is more typical of flying an Airbus than a Boeing. I've seen some YouTube guys that have pretty amazing setups. I've heard of a guy that has a 737 cockpit in his garage. Of course, if you heard it in the internet it must be true, righr?

Are you typing with said yoke?

51 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Usually, they have good prices, but I was really surprised when she quoted me less than 800$... (from 8868$ to 8008$). That's for a 10 days cruise in their newest ship.

She also mentioned another 200$ in OBC that was promised, but said: "I'll believe it when I'll see it in the invoice...".

Celebrity doesn't do "balcony discount", instead you get one free category upgrade as past passenger, so we went from the cheapest "concierge" to the "middle range" one.

I like the location of those cabins, right near the elevators. I even managed to book the same cabin as in the other cruise 😉

We always try to get cabins pretty close to the lifts.

• Like 1

I have MS Flighr Simulator. However, I don't have a yoke. I use a joy stick which is more typical of flying an Airbus than a Boeing.

A while back I found my old joy stick I used with the original MS FS.  That got me thinking I need to get back into a flight simulator.  Have you checked out other programs.  From what I have seen so far I believe I will go back to the MS FS.

While in the garden the other day I kept noticing the hospital helicopter flying by.  Seem like about at least every half hour.  I thought there must be something crazy that happened.  A friend that works for the helicopter service told me there wasn’t a big accident, they are now doing their monthly training in town for certification requirements.  He said they plan to install a nice flight simulator for the certification requirements.  I told him to let me know when they get the simulator 😊 

• Like 3

The rain has just stopped after raining continuosly for 24 hours.

We had a high of 59°F today.

This morning I went out to do a sales call but was back at mid day.

It is 18.43pm now and we have just eaten dinner and watching Judge Judy on the TV.

Graham.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I got lucky in that I upgraded my computer shortly before Covid hit.  I spec'd it for heavy duty photo and video editing and over built it so that it would still be good several years from now. 

That sounds like my think on a new build. I want to get back into Photo and video editing and over build like a did the last build.  The last build is so old it can’t handle the Photoshop upgrades.  I over analyze things.  If I didn’t I would of had it built way before the shortages.  First I couldn’t get the CPU I wanted. Now it’s the graphics card.  Now that crypto mining is crashing the supply and prices should get better.