Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 minute ago, DaniDanielle said:

Just dropped Charlie off at the hospital for his rescheduled, due to false positive Covid test, endoscopy.  I don’t like not being there but they won’t let anyone stay except the patient.  Hopefully, this will all be done by noon.

We really need a hug button. 

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

I agree.  He says I worry before I need to but he has been through so much I can’t help it.

I know it is hard not to worry.  Just remember to take the best care of yourself possible.  Keeping busy helps too.  Know there are a lot of people out here who care.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

We started watching Hawkeye a couple of nights ago.  It doesn't have us hooked like some of the other Marvel mini-series shows but it's good.  I like Hailee Steinfeld.  She has a bright acting future (in addition to an already accomplished past at a fairly young age). 

I was casually watching the credits, waiting to see if there was a typical Marvel post credit scene, when I saw Greg Steele - Production Visual Effects Supervisor.  I excitedly thought that maybe our @Sea Dog had been holding out on us about some additional work that he had done.  The connection to his news editing skill seemed plausible.  Unfortunately, there are many Greg Steele's out there.

I was wondering why I did not get paid for that gig? ...no kidding. It's funny because  I would consider my full name not a common one but in fact there are 4 Greg Steele's in Kansas City. It's not like my name is John Smith.

Btw, Thank you for watching the credits. I think it's important that these people get recognized. I'm always the last one to leave the theater as I always watch the credits. It's funny to see things people miss because they did not stay till the end. I love directors who add bloopers at the end.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Unfortunately, with a name like Marietta there aren’t too many of us around😳

You must have had the same issue I did as a kid when you tried to find your name on stickers or ornaments or other massed produced stuff with common names on them.  I could find mine very infrequently, at least now you can get stuff personalized easily.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

Sounds just like my DH, also jack of all trades, and tries to fix stuff rather than get it replaced or a professional in .....

+1

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

I am (slowly?) changing from do it yourself to hire a professional.  I have the skill and experience to do many things myself, and it seems like a waste of money to pay someone else. 

Crawling around in the attic and twisting my body to fit cramped spaces?  Nope.

+2

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

Sounds like someone I know ! (and am married to!😁)

+3

@Lionesss, same here, though lately the belly gets in the way...

BTW, to me this tree seems like an awful amount of money, or is it?

But I can't complain right now - my old computer crashed and in one day DH found (luckily Black Friday 😁) a new HP computer and managed to install it all by himself (my emails, documents from the old one, antivirus and office included).

IMG_6666.thumb.jpg.6d2af0d1c73bedcf90425fb26ec7cd7b.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, singinalot said:

I can’t remember if I shared or not, but Hayley changed her mind on her dress and found THE ONE the next day. It’s paid for now so DONE!

THE ONE is absolutely gorgeous. Truth to be told, I wasn't keen on the other one, and didn't tap "like"... I think something to do with the [non] sleeves, which reminds me of the bank clerks with the black sleeves... I liked the lower part very much, though.

THE ONE reminds me too of another drop dead exquisite dress -- Queen Letitia of Spain's during a state visit to the UK [below]. It is such a feminine cut !! 

BTW, me thinks that the tiara is too big for her head....

IMG_6665.thumb.jpg.2d2136350f0a76730f7ec0f15dec2566.jpg

1 hour ago, StanleyandGus said:

Chris and I love historical shows and movies, mostly set in England. I am amazed at the settings! Right now we’re watching Miss Marple (very soothing, even if there are several murders!) and Brother Cadfael - truly excellent acting. They’re both old, but we’re getting use out of the BritBox subscription!

"Fancy" that [since we're talking British 😉], I've read ALL the Brother Cadfael series by Ellis Peters and thoroughly enjoyed every one of them.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

"Fancy" that [since we're talking British 😉], I've read ALL the Brother Cadfael series by Ellis Peters and thoroughly enjoyed every one of them.

Have you read any other books by Ellis Peters?  She has a series with Inspector Felse that I really like. It’s set in modern times, and are very creative murder or crime mysteries.

@Sea DogThat link worked on my win 10 here at work so it should be a ok on the pc at home.  Thanks!

@bobmaclibertyBob, what docs did you bring to your GE appointment.  I have a bill each in our name, the printout with our psaid # (no name, I had to mark down who is who) and was planning to bring our driver's licenses and passport.  This should cover it or did I miss something?

@dani negreanuThe tree price seems high but when you look at the $250 trees you realize just how fake some of them look with their plastic needles.  I saw one online, granted it is 18 feet tall, for $4000.  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

"Fancy" that [since we're talking British 😉], I've read ALL the Brother Cadfael series by Ellis Peters and thoroughly enjoyed every one of them

I read them so many years ago that I have forgotten who done it! It’s a kind of double your pleasure thing! For Miss Marple, I do know the story, but it’s lovely to watch regardless.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ATG said:

Have you read any other books by Ellis Peters?  She has a series with Inspector Felse that I really like. It’s set in modern times, and are very creative murder or crime mysteries.

No, I didn't.... I stumbled upon the "Brother" by sheer mistake...

I'll buy one of those too. Thanks for pointing me to the series 👍

Right now I'm "binging" on Ngaio Marsh Inspector R. Alleyn series 😁

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Right now I'm "binging" on Ngaio Marsh Inspector R. Alleyn series

I just finished two very good books that just came out. 

The Dark Hours by Michael Connelly, with the Renee Ballard and Harry Bosch characters.

Better of Dead by Lee And Andrew Child, with the Jack Reacher character.

I highly recommend both books. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

No, I didn't.... I stumbled upon the "Brother" by sheer mistake...

I'll buy one of those too. Thanks for pointing me to the series 👍

Right now I'm "binging" on Ngaio Marsh Inspector R. Alleyn series 😁

I just ordered the first 3 books from the library.  Thanks for the recommendation!

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I just finished two very good books that just came out. 

The Dark Hours by Michael Connelly, with the Renee Ballard and Harry Bosch characters.

Better of Dead by Lee And Andrew Child, with the Jack Reacher character.

I highly recommend both books. 

Thanks, Mark. They're high on my list, having read everything from both of the authors.

Just waiting for the price to go down (15$ for kindle, right now 😢)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Hope you both have a nice time in sunny Florida.

It is 34°F cold and 2 inches of snow on the ground here in NE England.🥶

Your sisters dress looks lovely as does she.

Take care.

Graham.

You think it’s cold there, it’s only 75° here with a few inches of leaves here and there. 🍁 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2