Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

13 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

My snowblower is all gassed up and ready for action. Started on the first pull , which is a rarity for first time of the season.

But, it looks like the storm is tracking south of me (towards your way), revised forecast is now 1-3 inches.  I can just sweep that aside with a broom.  bummer.

We are all gassed up and ready too.  We are supposed to get 6 to 9 inches though.  We shall see what it looks like in the morning.  The company my son works for was encouraging people to work from home so at least he won't be driving to NH at 6am tomorrow morning.  My DH will see what it looks like and decide in the morning.  He only has a 4 mile commute though, so that isn't too bad.

Glad you are doing better, but go easy with the snow.  🙂  

• Like 3

11 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I did witness an extreme act of idiocy yesterday on the pool deck.  A young mother sat her daughter (1 year old or less) on the rail, and was holding her in much the same way as that tragic accident happened.  

Granted, there was not a window there, but who in their right mind would think that was a good idea.  

OMG, I would have been terrified if I saw that.  Did anyone say something to the Mother?   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

and yet, my grandsons are all pretty excited about it!!  We hardly get any snow in Forked River, and when it snowed there the other day, they had a great and fun-filled day, and it looks like they will be having another snow day!  

Glad your DH is all better, Sue!

We missed the first half hour of the show;  I was on CC, when, I think it was reallyitsmema, mentioned that the Amazing Race was on.  Thank you for that, mema!!

Loving your sunrise pictures, Mark!  Enjoy your sun and tropical temperatures!!!

Our daughter and grandsons took down all of the outdoor decorations yesterday, for the same reason that you were taking them down.

How are you feeling??

I totally agree with you, Mimi!

Tim Conway playing the dentist with Harvey Korman as the patient!!

Makes me start laughing thinking about it. 
It’s terribly sad that Tim Conway’s 2nd wife kept his daughter away from him and she had to find out he had died from a friend. I don’t know any of the reasons, but it also meant he didn’t get to see his daughter at the end. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I've always said I'd love to go on a show like The Amazing Race or Survivor and be the first person eliminated.

Why? Because you can't go home right away until filming of the show is finished. Which is usually 30 or so days. So the network puts you up in some fancy resort, all expenses paid for a month.

I'd gladly eat a bug and sleep in the rain for a day or two for that!

My youngest daughters in-laws best friends were on the show and lasted about 6 episodes.

The niece of a guy I know was on the winning team about 3 years ago.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

My snowblower is all gassed up and ready for action. Started on the first pull , which is a rarity for first time of the season.

But, it looks like the storm is tracking south of me (towards your way), revised forecast is now 1-3 inches.  I can just sweep that aside with a broom.  bummer.

I'm hearing  2 to 4 inches for bucks county.  Snowblower is ready to go, leaf blower is ready  if light fluffy snow and shovels.  

Couldnt it wait to do this next week when I'll be on a cruise😍

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

Mostly good. I actually went the entire day without taking any meds, finally realized that around 6 or 7 pm tonight and have been coughing ever since. lol

The only "issues" I'm having is no sense of smell and fatigue. 'Ive been sleeping 10-11 hours a night whereas 6 hours is more normal. Or maybe it's just the 10 day Texas road-trip & holiday madness finally caught up. I've had run-of-the-mill colds that were worse.

Thank you for asking

My normal sleeping is close to ten hours 😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

You have sll sorts of nice toys to deal with snow.

The goal is not to use them. 

3 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Snow shoveling is done by the condo maintainance workers.

Around here, that’s me. 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Thank you.  Fingers and toes crossed we both get passing grades on our tests. We both feel fine but that doesnt seem to matter nowadays with omicron.  

Keeping you in my thoughts. Good luck I think you will be good to go.

1 hour ago, George C said:

My normal sleeping is close to ten hours 😁

I would love to sleep 10 hours. I used to do about 9 but now with the puppies I'm lucky if I get 6 in.

5 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

We are expecting the largest snowfall of the year in my part of NY.Schools will be closed tomorrow.

I hope it will not be as bad as they are saying. Good thing you don't need to be anywhere tomorrow.

5 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

So are we in MA.  Schools already closed for tomorrow.  No need for people to freak out though, if you live in New England, you should own a shovel already!

Yes this isn't your first rodeo. I remember Boston in 2014-2015.

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

That's funny, you stopped at the grocery store and I stopped at the liquor store.

I love a man who has his priorities straight.

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Mostly good. I actually went the entire day without taking any meds, finally realized that around 6 or 7 pm tonight and have been coughing ever since. lol

The only "issues" I'm having is no sense of smell and fatigue. 'Ive been sleeping 10-11 hours a night whereas 6 hours is more normal. Or maybe it's just the 10 day Texas road-trip & holiday madness finally caught up. I've had run-of-the-mill colds that were worse.

Thank you for asking

Hang in there I hope you feel better. I'm on my 4th week with a cold. Today was the first day that I did not cough or had a severe runny nose.

• Like 5

Lizzy and Charlie had a huge setback in potty training. You can understand why no pictures today. It's frustrating as it's so cold here in Kansas City. Charlie started to cry after being on the snow and ice after about a minute. It's been very difficult to get them to potty outside as it's so cold. They have had a bunch of accidents today inside in the kitchen (luckily it's tiled) and one on the rug in the living room. Good thing it's a cheap rug so we will throw it out after they get trained. I guess this is the learning curve with puppies. They were doing really well but this cold is too brutal. It's not safe to keep a puppy out over a couple of minutes. Sorry to post boring news but it's about the only thing I'm dealing with. 

• Like 10

Sea Dog

I can understand why the pups are having a difficult time going outside in the cold temperatures.

Perhaps you have thought of something I have thought of to help them. Do they have sweaters and booties to protect their paws? Maybe they are too small for the booties to stay on or they might not tolerate them ?

Could you make a short path by putting wee wee pads down where they need to walk ? This way, their paws wouldn’t be directly on the paved path or cold ground. 

Hoping temperatures warm up in your area. 

We are expecting snow soon to continue until noon tomorrow on Eastern Long Island. 

Take care

MJ🙋🏻

• Like 6

Submitted for your viewing pleasures, as the snow piles up back home. 

6093977D-4785-4D40-9D3F-8220FEEFB005.thumb.jpeg.f16a774e31f422cfaacd7f070cacd854.jpeg

DDE36B67-3EB1-4EBF-A516-AD75BDA5CC64.thumb.jpeg.605f79f7bba58ed91455bcf0c06f780a.jpeg

Feel free to play this on a loop. 

A relaxing sea day today, as we sail to Miami.  Our Covid tests for next week are scheduled for tomorrow in the dining room. 

• Like 14

13 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Submitted for your viewing pleasures, as the snow piles up back home. 

6093977D-4785-4D40-9D3F-8220FEEFB005.thumb.jpeg.f16a774e31f422cfaacd7f070cacd854.jpeg

DDE36B67-3EB1-4EBF-A516-AD75BDA5CC64.thumb.jpeg.605f79f7bba58ed91455bcf0c06f780a.jpeg

Feel free to play this on a loop. 

A relaxing sea day today, as we sail to Miami.  Our Covid tests for next week are scheduled for tomorrow in the dining room. 

Lovely photos and videos.  I miss cruising…

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Lizzy and Charlie had a huge setback in potty training. You can understand why no pictures today. It's frustrating as it's so cold here in Kansas City. Charlie started to cry after being on the snow and ice after about a minute. It's been very difficult to get them to potty outside as it's so cold. They have had a bunch of accidents today inside in the kitchen (luckily it's tiled) and one on the rug in the living room. Good thing it's a cheap rug so we will throw it out after they get trained. I guess this is the learning curve with puppies. They were doing really well but this cold is too brutal. It's not safe to keep a puppy out over a couple of minutes. Sorry to post boring news but it's about the only thing I'm dealing with. 

We live in the snow belt area of OHIO, and when it dumps the white stuff it is relentless.

In fact we had a beagle named Martha, who was the stupidest cutest four legged best friend anyone could ask for.

We hung Christmas bells on the door handle and when we potty trained her we rang the bells and took her out.

As she grew older, she would ring the bells when she wanted to go out.

But, once the snow started, no bells were rung.

In the winter when it snowed, she would hold her business all day just to go out to do your business as  infrequent as possible.

But, there were ooops from time to time due to her stubbornness and just plain being a beagle. And not wanting to freeze her nipples off.

So when my dad was over and saw what was happening he took his old army blanket and behind the house by the back door to the garage he shoveled the snow on the grass......yup it was over a foot deep and laid down the blanket.

Low and behold now  the original snow was just a dusting, we would lift the blanket and  let Martha out did her business, sniffed around and came in.

The donation that Martha left was usually cold enough in about a half hour and put in the pooper bucket.  Then the blanket went down to keep the snow to a minimum.

Now she would actually go to the door ring the bells again to go out.

She trained us well.

Good luck.

Take care.

• Like 13

1 minute ago, Lionesss said:

Good morning. 

As the sun is beginning to rise and the temp is a cool 18 degrees Fahrenheit I am so envious of my DD and now SIL as they bask in the sun on their honeymoon in Punta Cana. 

Oh to be young again. 

FA1A2FF7-6675-4220-8870-A68641173408.jpeg

Looks like the cover of a romance novel 😀 they are clearly having a wonderful honeymoon 

• Like 6