Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, LucasLikesToCruise said:

Since he was the only dog (out of of the five they introduce me to) that constantly kept his head or paw on my leg and wouldn’t leave my side the whole time I was there, I figured he needed me as much as I needed him.  

I've heard more than a few times, you do not pick the pet. The pet picks you.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I've heard more than a few times, you do not pick the pet. The pet picks you.

That was how it was when I got my dog. I went to visit the litter and after I played with the pups for a bit, one of them crawled onto my lap and went to sleep. She came home with me.

• Like 9

56 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Everything you are doing for your Mother is amazing.  It always seems to land on one family member. 

When my Father was dealing with cancer for last 2 years of his life I was constantly going and doing things for them so my Mother could be with him as much as possible. 

My Brother had a job where he traveled internationally almost every week.  If he wasnt traveling he was working on projects and presentations.   He would show up maybe once a month and stay for maybe an hour or 2.  

My Mom and I used to get upset with him but realized no point in getting upset it wasnt going to change anything.

After my Dad passed my Brother has told me several times he regrets not being there as much as he should have.

Even though she may not be able to express it, I'm sure your Mother appreciates everything you do.

You and Oliver were meant to find each other.💕

So true. I'm one of 4 children, yet it fell onto two of us to take care of my parents.

My wife is one of 5 children, yet it fell onto two to take care of her parents.

This was all years ago and most of the internal anger is gone now. And Yes, the absent siblings now regret not spending the time. They all had somewhat valid reason at the time but the main one is that they couldn't deal with the situation.

• Like 5

Just got back from the grocery store with bags full of mostly junk food.  Today is a day of "grazing" rather than meals.  Quiche, wings, pretzels and beer cheese, chips and salsa, shrimp cocktail, etc.  What the heck, the Super Bowl only happens once a year.  There may be a little beer mixed in but it's a long day until the game starts.  Need to pace myself.  Go Bengals!

• Like 6

16 hours ago, Luckynana said:

How'd your therapy go today, Greg?  I remember having to refer to Jim's medicine schedule, what meds in the morning, what meds in the evening, etc., PT every Mon, Wed. and Friday.  This too shall pass!  I just realized it's been almost 5 months since Jim's surgery,  

You've got this, Greg!!🥰

First day home was really rough and the night was worse as we did not schedule out my pain meds very good. I know really understand what it means to stay ahead of your pain meds.

Therapy was mainly spent getting information, going over some basic exercises to do at home. Problem is some of them require me to lay flat on a hard surface and I can’t really get down on the floor or use the bed.

I am feeling a little bit better today but need to have a bowel movement which is taking forever. Got to love anesthesia. Puppies have been playing nurse to me and giving me lots of love.60975981-FBC8-4F10-9A6C-1159F449FCA1.thumb.jpeg.03b7d61b00d408a045b98087beeba198.jpeg

• Like 23
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, LucasLikesToCruise said:

Thank you for the kind words, it’s very much appreciated.  It’s funny that the one time my sister visited a few months ago, my mom had chemo one of those days, so instead of coming and being supportive, she opted to just sit alone at my home and watch tv.  😏

Maybe your Sister is not able to deal with seeing her Mother in this way.    Not everyone is cut out to be a caregiver.    Takes a lot of patience and understanding.     keep up the good work and someday you will be rewarded with a beautiful cruise🥰

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

First day home was really rough and the night was worse as we did not schedule out my pain meds very good. I know really understand what it means to stay ahead of your pain meds.

Therapy was mainly spent getting information, going over some basic exercises to do at home. Problem is some of them require me to lay flat on a hard surface and I can’t really get down on the floor or use the bed.

I am feeling a little bit better today but need to have a bowel movement which is taking forever. Got to love anesthesia. Puppies have been playing nurse to me and giving me lots of love.60975981-FBC8-4F10-9A6C-1159F449FCA1.thumb.jpeg.03b7d61b00d408a045b98087beeba198.jpeg

Adorable sweet puppy love😍    One thing we learned over the years with taking different pain meds is they tend to dehydrate you which doesn't help with bowel movements.       Drink lots of fluid and maybe try some ducolax if you are allowed to take.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I woke up to about an 1 inch of snow on the ground.    Stopped snowing for about an hour but is really coming down now.     Hoping it stops soon so we can just do a quick a sweep of walkways and driveway.    

We got about 2 inches of snow here, didn't start until 6am and ended about 9am. Nothing sticked on the driveway or road though. Almost all the snow is gone now since the sun came out just after it stopped. Was very pretty as it lasted.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I would love to get another Weimaraner. The issue is you can't just look at today's circumstances but have to project 12-15 years down the road which is their typical life span. When I do that I just don't see myself being able to give a new dog the life that I would want to provide it.😔

Just a suggestion...

Find a dog rescue organization in your area, discuss your situation, they may be able to match up a suitable dog that is older who is looking for a new home. You will get the opportunity to love and care for a wonderful dog who will be so appreciative.

Edited by Vibe
  • Like 6

@xpcdoojk

Fresh Wings have been prepped and are drying now. Grocery store here had plenty onhand. 🙂

You said after about 5 minutes to turn them over or is it just shake up the basket?

What temp and how long total do you advise?

Doing two kinds, Franks Hot Sauce and  Baby Rays Sweet Red Chili.

For your hot sauce to you add a little melted butter to cut down on the heat or do you just use it straight out of the bottle?

• Like 1

Yesterday I went to my local Shoprite for weekly food shopping.    I couldn't believe the cat food isle was completely empty!    Someone else standing there in disbelief said they went to Giant Foods and their shelves were bare too.       I then stopped at Petsmart and they have a very limited amount of food, of course none of the flavors my kitties like.      

Chewy.com says out of stock for all their faves too.      Today I will try Pet Supplies Plus and hopefully can find something as I am running out everything for Sparky and Eva.   

Sparky is my picky one, if he doesn't like whatever can I open he walks around meowing non stop till I either open up another can or give you a pile of snacks    I tried to show him a picture of the empty isle in food store but he didn't want to look.    I remind him that he used to live on the streets for unknown amount of time and that he will have to eat whatever I can get him.     Nope, he's stubborn.

Guess I will be running in and out various stores today to hunt for them.   

Quite a few empty shelves where I live also.  No name brand chicken packages just generic Kroger packed chicken.  Weird.  YET, the shelves are packed full with Valentine candy.  Go figure.

• Like 2

I woke up to about an 1 inch of snow on the ground.    Stopped snowing for about an hour but is really coming down now.     Hoping it stops soon so we can just do a quick a sweep of walkways and driveway.    

It has been snowing here since about 1AM but only sticking the the grass and trees because it is 34 degrees.Tomorrow it is expected to be in the teens here.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Earlier, I looked all over the kitchen for my can opener, couldn't find it.  Not in the dishwasher, the sink, the cutlery drawer.  It was finally found in my utensil holder where I keep tall spatulas, stuff like that.  At first glance it couldn't be seen. I took everything out to check and there it was.  NOT where it belongs

That generally happens when Chris empties the dishwasher!

• Haha 3

22 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

The hamburger place Five Guys?  I would of never guessed one would be there.  How did you like it?  Great pics!  Some look like you took pics while landing in a plane!  So high.

That’s the one 😁 I thought it’s a “real” restaurant and not a fast food “outfit” but it suited us just fine and we really enjoyed it for a quick lunch.

Today it was a hard toss between one chain we like a lot, and 2 I’ve heard about here … In the end, for our “last meal” here, we went with the CCF — a known and well liked “quantity”. The others which didn’t make it are Joe’s Crab Shack and P.F. Chang’s.

While indulging in one hour of retail “therapy”, DH checked out the Lebanese restaurant recommended by Bob ( @bobmacliberty) and reported “too expensive…”.

Today we went to see The Palm, an man-made island visible even from space. DH checked out the prices of houses there, and seeing that they sell around 40 million $, decided to scoop the location firstly from above 😜😜😜😜

The view was amazing and as DH remarked in the end: “we’re spending quite a lot of time on roofs recently”…. 😁

• Like 8
  • Haha 8

16 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

For your hot sauce to you add a little melted butter to cut down on the heat or do you just use it straight out of the bottle?

As a Buffalonian, the authentic sauce recipe is Frank's RedHot sauce and melted butter.  Some places will toss in additional seasonings to give a unique taste, but I always stick with just Franks and butter alone.  For a mild sauce, use equal parts Franks and butter.  For more heat, add more Franks.  After cooking the wings naked, I put the wings and the sauce in a large zip lock bag and shake until the wings are fully coated.  I find that easier than using a mixing bowl.  Just toss the bag when done.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dani negreanu said:

While indulging in one hour of retail “therapy”, DH checked out the Lebanese restaurant recommended by Bob ( @bobmacliberty) and reported “too expensive…”.

You are definitely paying for the view of the fountain there.  The price is less important when you're traveling on business with an expense account. 😉

• Haha 3