Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Ham and scalloped potato recipe. 

Ingredients:

7-8 potatoes. ( good medium size) . (Slice into 1/4 inch diameter that they look like big coins). 

1/4 cup flour

pinch salt

2 cups milk. ( I use 2%)

1 stick margarine 

1 medium onion. Diced 
2 pounds of ham. ( I have always used the one on sale from Virginia to chip chop). 
1 pound velveeta cheese

Pre heat a clean oven to 325 degrees 

spray a deep dish casserole with PAM. 

Combine salt,  1 1/2 cup milk and flour and mix well.  (Leave 1/2 cup milk put aside) 

into the casserole you will layer. 
start by pouring that plain cup milk in casserole 
place one layer potatoes try to cover as much of bottom as you can. 

1/3 of onion spread over potatoes

1/3 of ham

1/3 velveeta over ham Does not have to completely cover. Spread out. 
pour 1/3 cup of milk/ flour mixture. 

repeat as above starting with potatoes 

potatoes

onions

ham 

velveeta

milk mixture 

Repeat one last time. 

finally cut up stick of margerine and place spreading on top.  

The casserole potatoes will not be completely covered with mixture  but will thicken as it cooks and potatoes cook. 

cover with aluminum foil 

place on oven safe drip pan. 

Usually takes 2 hours to cook 

cook first 1 1/2 hours covered 

remove cover cook last 30 min for golden brown potatoes. 

Remove put on trivets to rest and gel for 10 min. 

The reason you use 325 temp is you do not want casserole bottom to burn. 
and that is why you put plain milk on bottom so flour milk mixture wont burn. 

enjoy we do. 

Thank you! That sounds perfect for a cold day- hammy, potato-y and cheesy.

It’s 16 degrees here,  which is lovely (61 Fahrenheit). The last tiny bit of snow has melted!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, NHProud said:

@Sea Dog,  you’ve given us some very good advice .  I hope , you are fully recovered and can now dance a jig if so required.  How is Linda ? She must have been exhausted taking care of your darling pups and looking after you.  

Our ortho surgeon mentioned that only the US and Canada prescribe pain meds for knee surgery .  Let’s see in and out the same day and no pain meds and my comment would be après vous ( after you). 

i wish I was fully recovered. It is my final week of therapy after 12 weeks. I will continue at home. I still have some pain at time that treat with Tylenol. I still use the cold therapy as I still have some swelling. I still have a portion of my knee that is still numb and I or maybe not get full feeling back. Have a doctors appointment tomorrow with the surgeon. I imagine he will say everything is progressing nicely. It’s just going to take time to really feel technically recovered.

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

New series of Below deck Mediterranean on UK TV👍

Give us a idea of who is on it if you can. I’m interested in who’s the chief stew and chef is. I don’t think it will air here for another month.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Norwegian Joy.  Out of Manhattan 

That sounds kinda expensive to upgrade to a balcony but I have not priced up a NCL cruise in quite awhile.    Good friends of ours love NCL.    Looks like Joy does a lot of Bermuda sailings which is always nice.  We love Bermuda.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That sounds kinda expensive to upgrade to a balcony but I have not priced up a NCL cruise in quite awhile.    Good friends of ours love NCL.    Looks like Joy does a lot of Bermuda sailings which is always nice.  We love Bermuda.  

We love Bermuda too but prefer ships that dock in Hamilton,therefore we did a lot of HAL cruises.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

We love Bermuda too but prefer ships that dock in Hamilton,therefore we did a lot of HAL cruises.

Same here.     Our first cruise was on Veendam with my parents and we loved being docked at Hamilton.    I wonder if they still do their weekly festival on main street in Hamilton.     That was fun!

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Give us a idea of who is on it if you can. I’m interested in who’s the chief stew and chef is. I don’t think it will air here for another month.

I was thinking Rachel and Marco should have a cook off.     That would be amazing if we could be there for it.    There are 2 of the best chefs on any of the BD series, IMO.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Same her.     Our first cruise was on Veendam with my parents and we loved being docked at Hamilton.    I wonder if they still do their weekly festival on main street in Hamilton.     That was fun!

We did Veendam about ten years ago from New York City to Bermuda , love docking in Hamilton, also one of our first full suites. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Same her.     Our first cruise was on Veendam with my parents and we loved being docked at Hamilton.    I wonder if they still do their weekly festival on main street in Hamilton.     That was fun!

I loved those Main Street festivals.Our first cruise to Bermuda was in 1973.We were young and enjoyed the festivities .We became friendly with crew members and went with them and other passengers to a club one night.Our daughter who lives near us and her family are going in July to celebrate her 25th.wedding anniversary.They also love Bermuda.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Same here.     Our first cruise was on Veendam with my parents and we loved being docked at Hamilton.    I wonder if they still do their weekly festival on main street in Hamilton.     That was fun!

Our first first cruise was on Celebrity Horizon to Bermuda and we were also docked in Hamilton for 3.5 days. It was such a convenient location to be in. And, yes, the festival was fun! I have so many great family memories from that cruise.

• Like 7

Recovering from my cruise yesterday! Next one is with Joff Eaton AGAIN on Enchantment in 2 months! My little niecey-pooh is coming along with Auntie. I'm starting a YouTube channel about what it's like to cruise, and she's my co-host and reporter for Adventure Ocean.

Best part: she's not finding out until June 1st, 3 weeks before school gets out!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

i wish I was fully recovered. It is my final week of therapy after 12 weeks. I will continue at home. I still have some pain at time that treat with Tylenol. I still use the cold therapy as I still have some swelling. I still have a portion of my knee that is still numb and I or maybe not get full feeling back. Have a doctors appointment tomorrow with the surgeon. I imagine he will say everything is progressing nicely. It’s just going to take time to really feel technically recovered.

I can see why you delaying the second knee until after the Bella cruise.  Wish recovery was going faster for you.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

The “free cruise” did not include port fees, taxes and tips.  They came to about $700 and $400 for the balcony.  Our Oasis cruise is just a bit more so don’t think it is worth it to go NCL.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Our first first cruise was on Celebrity Horizon to Bermuda and we were also docked in Hamilton for 3.5 days. It was such a convenient location to be in. And, yes, the festival was fun! I have so many great family memories from that cruise.

My first 7 day cruise was Hal Rotterdam in 1977 from New York City, it stopped at both Bermuda and Nassau, liked it so much did same exact cruise in 1978. Back then Hal had lots of young singles , not quite the same now for Hal.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I was thinking Rachel and Marco should have a cook off.     That would be amazing if we could be there for it.    There are 2 of the best chefs on any of the BD series, IMO.  

Totally agree!  I really like Marco a lot and last season Rachel was awesome!

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, George C said:

My first 7 day cruise was Hal Rotterdam in 1977 from New York City, it stopped at both Bermuda and Nassau, liked it so much did same exact cruise in 1978. Back then Hal had lots of young singles , not quite the same now for Hal.

On my first cruise in 1973 the majority of the passengers were over 60

5 hours ago, NHProud said:

So many May birthdays.  Thank you for your nice sentiments. 

Yes, we will be rebooking the Pacific Coastal . I was especially looking forward to Victoria and Vancouver.  Our January cruise is our Hawaii round trip from San Diego.  

What  ship is your Hawaii Cruise on? We did our Hawaii Cruise from San Diego also on Serenade of the Seas back in 2007...... 15 nighter.

6 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

@Jimbo With all those deer, do you have a lot of tics around the house?  We have been seeing them for a few weeks already.  Probably because we have been out back a bunch more.

Have not seen any, but my wife has me spraying around the outside the  house and in the yard about 30 yards surrounding the house in the lawn.

A lot less deer in the yard now because there is plenty of stuff for the deer to eat in the fields and the mountain behind our house, plus I'm not feeding them as much now as I was in the fall and winter months, so not many as come up to the house feeder.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

I loved those Main Street festivals.Our first cruise to Bermuda was in 1973.We were young and enjoyed the festivities .We became friendly with crew members and went with them and other passengers to a club one night.Our daughter who lives near us and her family are going in July to celebrate her 25th.wedding anniversary.They also love Bermuda.

I just looked on Bermuda website and the festival will be held every Wednesday June 1st thru end of August.   I hope your Daughter's family are there on a Wednesday evening to enjoy the festivities. 

Harbor Nights on Front Street.

I remember deep fried donuts but cannot remember what they were called.   

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I just looked on Bermuda website and the festival will be held every Wednesday June 1st thru end of August.   I hope your Daughter's family are there on a Wednesday evening to enjoy the festivities. 

Harbor Nights on Front Street.

I remember deep fried donuts but cannot remember what they were called.   

I know they are going in July but I do not know when.We are having a family party late in the month to celebrate their anniversary ,their older daughters 18th.birthday,her high school graduation and my birthday.I do not recall what the donuts were called.

• Like 1