Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

11 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

When I heard about the peppers I thought you would like it.  Good chance you will recognize the tomatoes.

We just finished packing.  First time we both have two full size suitecases packed.  Lord willing and the Covid don’t rise we will know tomorrow morning how excited we are.  The live reviews have been good.  My excitement went up when I heard there is an ice cream machine on Ovation.  Might be a one time visit.

Safe Journey

Looking forward to hearing of your travels.

Be safe

• Like 1

Debbie, @Mrs. H., I choose to welcome among us with a picture of a .... cat (a hint to the test "What is Dani's DH hobby?")

image.thumb.jpeg.3c8ef283868d4608cdb45e5fc074bf14.jpeg

So, now, we have Debbie1 ( @Sunshine3601), Debbie2 ( @Mrs. H.), Debbi ( @brillohead) and, last, but not [by any means] least Deb ( @Momof3gurlz).

@Ozark_Kid

John and Sharon,

Enjoy every moment of your Alaska cruise !!

Should you have some moments to spare, we'll be roaring to see some pics and some musing 😁

• Like 15

26 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

This trip is an 8 day Allure to Labadee, Aruba, and Curaçao.  Looking forward to meeting Sue and Rick on this cruise, that is, if they get negative tests too.

Mark and Susan

Safe travels to you too.

Funny we are using our brand new suitcases we ordered from Amaon.

I talked him into the prettiest purple you have ever seen.

Praying for a negative COVID test also.

We are going to do our home kits at 7am.

We have check in at port at 11am.

I am 99.9999999999999% sure I will post live if we get to cruise with that negative COVID.

Take care 

Safe travels.

Edited by Lionesss
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

F2AE87D0-1C1A-445C-9B8A-7B178C3DE640.thumb.png.01a8695bae9262e34a99779d96d7bc2a.png

Speaking of suitcases, we ordered the new hard side ones from Amazon.

This trip is an 8 day Allure to Labadee, Aruba, and Curaçao.  Looking forward to meeting Sue and Rick on this cruise, that is, if they get negative tests too.

I have a fall cruise narrowed down to three possibles, but have to go over them with my dear wife when she gets back today.  Something to book onboard.

What a great cruise!  Wish I was back on the Allure with you and Susan, Sue and Rick.  I absolutely love that ship.  Luggage came just in time!  Have fun choosing your Fall cruise!

8 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Have a great cruise. Any plans for the ports?

Sue and Rick too, have a wonderful cruise.

And all of you, stay safe.

+1

• Like 1

@Mrs.H. Welcome to our coffee klatch/happy hour/therapy session/seminar family. 
I’m Mimi. My DH Dick and I live in a condo in Florida, but we’re almost lifelong residents of North  Florida, so even though we’re old, we’re not typical retire and move to Florida people. 
I hope you enjoy our stream of consciousness palavering!

• Like 9

I wished I would still be staying on the Allure if I wasn’t sick. Even if I wasn’t it was time for me to get off. Mike has recurrent training next week and I need to be with the kitties. That is as long as he is still testing negative. Would have been fun to meet some of you.

• Like 7

This thread has allowed us to meet people from all over the world.  I love telling my kids that my friend from Israel or England and everywhere  asked about things going on in our lives😃We have gone through some tough times and some happy times and we have really bonded.  Sometimes a sympathetic ear is all you need to keep on going.  There is always someone who can answer a question from health to gardening. Anyway, welcome Debbie.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Have a great cruise. Any plans for the ports?

Sue and Rick too, have a wonderful cruise.

And all of you, stay safe.

Our only plan is to snorkel with the turtles again in Curaçao.  The rest will just be enjoying beach time. 

20 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Mark and Susan

Safe travels to you too.

Funny we are using our brand new suitcases we ordered from Amaon.

I talked him into the prettiest purple you have ever seen.

Praying for a negative COVID test also.

We are going to do our home kits at 7am.

We have check in at port at 11am.

I am 99.9999999999999% sure I will post live if we get to cruise with that negative COVID.

Take care 

Safe travels.

Our last hardsides were purple.  The new ones are baby blue.  We also have an 11 am port check in.  Not sure if we will do a hotel shuttle or just a cab or Uber. Safe travels to you too.

13 minutes ago, Sea Viewer said:

Hi everyone 

I'm also on the Allure cruise on the 14th. It should be relaxing with those days at sea and Aruba and Curaco are great ports that we don't frequently visit.

M

We all need to make plans to meet up for a drink and introduce ourselves.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

We could create a bunch of questions like what is Greg's favorite rum?  

I know you know the answer to that.😉

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

@Mrs.H

I'm Sue.  (The story teller, aka rambling on and on and on).

Sue you are a Sage to me, oh wise one.

50 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Woke up at 3 am today, and started gathering the last of my clothes to pack in our brand new suitcases.  I know I mentioned about one of the old ones being damaged when they moved it from our cabin on Allure to the terminal, and I filed a claim with the insurance from Royal.  Two months later, and the claim status still looks like this.

F2AE87D0-1C1A-445C-9B8A-7B178C3DE640.thumb.png.01a8695bae9262e34a99779d96d7bc2a.png

I emailed them once, and a month ago, they said it should take 21 business days to process.  On my agenda is to call them today.

I have a fall cruise narrowed down to three possibles, but have to go over them with my dear wife when she gets back today.  Something to book onboard.

The insurance company should have resolved you claim by now. This is unacceptable.

Have a great cruise. Will you be doing a review?

I hope one of three is our cruise on Voyager to Tortola? Come join us.

39 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

My Diana says “Good morning!”

B83FFFA6-6D7C-4AC6-9EC3-650F55A53DAD.jpeg

Beautiful kitty!

Beautifully said!

8 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

This thread has allowed us to meet people from all over the world.  I love telling my kids that my friend from Israel or England and everywhere  asked about things going on in our lives😃We have gone through some tough times and some happy times and we have really bonded.  Sometimes a sympathetic ear is all you need to keep on going.  There is always someone who can answer a question from health to gardening. Anyway, welcome Debbie.

• Like 6

12 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@lenquixote66 pleased to hear your positive news. If it prevents your falls & gives you more mobility that will be wonderful.

Yes,it will.Currently I am in bed 21 hours a day.Having this will allow me to get out of the house .My only outings now are to go to doctors,hospitals and for haircuts.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Great news, Lenny.  That would give you so much freedom to get around, so you could start enjoying life more!❤️

What places in Brooklyn?  I spent many a weekend at my girlfriends house and went to  a place  or two in Bay Ridge.

I believe you're talking about Jimlain's experience on his TA to England.  They had a Suite that they were permitted to stay in after testing Positive.

Mrs.H and I both went to Nelly Bly Park in Bensonhurst.A friend of mine went to the same HS as she but not in the same years.You and I discussed that I went to Warm Beer,Lousy Food AKA Crazy Country Club.I had friends living in Bay Ridge and Bensonhurst and I hung out there .I can’t recall the clubs I went to in Bay Ridge.

As you know I have my Staten Island connections with you,Marietta and Bonnie and my Manhattan connections with Bonnie.

• Like 3

We are doing the excursion that you swim with sharks.  DH must have asked me when I zoned him out and  I just responds” yes dear”. 

Besides we have 2 turtle habitats in our downstairs family room.  We have SLO-POKE we adopted when he was just a puddle jumper over 15 years ago. He will eat any from flies to bologna to shrimp to cat food. 

And PEEVE that we found freshly hatched when we were walking on our street and the crows were circling above. He was the size of a quarter. He is growing up and now the size of small 4 inch plate. Our daughter named him as her little “ pet peeve”. 

61174FCF-D240-43E7-BC03-85C283EB81CA.jpeg

• Like 15

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

I hope it happens. The gift of mobility would be priceless!

Currently I feel like I am in prison because I cannot leave my house without help,I have not crossed a street on my own since May 2016.My last cruise was in 2019.Toby begged me to cancel because she believed that I would not be able to function and she was right.In 2018 we met and became friendly with two couples who were friends.One couple who lived in MD and the other in PA.They were planning the 2019 cruise and asked us to join them.I really wanted to go and we did.The only time I was okay was at dinner.Another couple from PA joined us .This couple became really good friends with us but I spent nearly all of the cruise in my cabin

• Like 1

15 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I want to share some good news.My Parkinsons Therapist told me that there is something that he believes would be very helpful to me .It is a combination Wheelchair and Walker,It is manufactured solely for people who have Parkinson’s Disease.I told him that I would be interested in getting one.He sent in an application to the manufacturer.My doctors told me they will gladly send in the required paperwork.If I am able to get one I would have to go through a trainining period as it has all kinds of electronic gadgets .My Therapist said he would bring it to my house and work with me until I am able to maneuver it on my own.

I should know by the end of May or early June.

Sounds great Lenny.

I hope it helps you be more Mobile.

Graham.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

We all need to make plans to meet up for a drink and introduce ourselves.

There will be a lot of that happening on the Bella Cruise.  I'm not booked yet...waiting to see when my daughter decides to book her wedding.  Spring of 2023 is still a possibility, although fall is more likely.  Micheline will almost certainly not want anything else on our calendar for at least a month before the wedding.

• Like 7