Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

13 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I still feel about the same, with just cold symptoms.  After two negative tests the last couple days, I got one of these this morning.  

57B84B36-FEFD-45BC-A062-57B94338591E.thumb.jpeg.924148d89fcfaeb2695a25e26bfc1a7b.jpeg

I have been staying away from everyone, because even if it was a cold, I didn’t want to pass it on.  I guess I will just miss out on a few fun things for a few days. 

I just hope I wasn’t contagious when my son flew to Europe Friday morning.  I would hate for him to have to deal with it while there. 

Thanks for asking, Dani. 

Hope your symptoms remain mild and no one else gets it. 

It’s baffling how some have just mild cold symptoms while others say they’re pretty sick and some have no symptoms all. Makes me wonder if it’s because each is infected with a different variant or do symptoms just vary that much between individuals. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

It’s baffling how some have just mild cold symptoms while others say they’re pretty sick and some have no symptoms all. Makes me wonder if it’s because each is infected with a different variant or do symptoms just vary that much between individuals. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Thank you, and thanks to all who wished me well.  

So far, no one else has had any symptoms.  Today, it just feels like it does a couple days before you shake a typical cold.  I will probably wait till Friday to test again, and hope it will be negative by then.

I was hoping I would not have an appetite, because I could shed a couple pounds, but that hasn’t been the case.

• Like 8

30 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Between year-round allergies (mold and cat dander), head colds, the flu, and what I think was bronchitis that lasted several weeks, I've had off and on symptoms that may have been Covid.  I've tested myself many times...always negative.  I'm half hoping that I've had Covid at some point so that I've got some natural antibodies.  

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Between year-round allergies (mold and cat dander), head colds, the flu, and what I think was bronchitis that lasted several weeks, I've had off and on symptoms that may have been Covid.  I've tested myself many times...always negative.  I'm half hoping that I've had Covid at some point so that I've got some natural antibodies.  

This sounds like me Bob. Back in early March, we were exposed to our youngest who tested positive the next day. A few days later, I had a mild sore throat & started sounding hoarse. Then lost my voice for a day, developed a cough and fatigue.  On about the 5th day, I woke up with what looked like pink eye. That went away after a day with gentle cleaning & eye drops.  The whole thing lasted about 10 days. I tested 3 times during that time all negatives.  Like you, I self diagnosed (sorry OB!) bronchitis.  I kept saying I was p****d to feel that lousy and NOT have it.  During this time, Andy had a mild sore throat & stuffy nose. He didn’t test because he said if I was negative, so was he 🙄.  I had a routine visit with my PCP last week and when I shared this with her, she said it’s quite likely I did have it.  She herself had it in February with symptoms, took 3 antigen tests and a PCR, all negative, then the 4th antigen turned up positive.  
Crazy stuff. 

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

So far, no one else has had any symptoms.  

That's so good to know.

How many days would you say between your "exposure" and until you started to feel lousy and then tested positive? 

Wishing your daughter a very Happy Birthday 💐

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

That's so good to know.

How many days would you say between your "exposure" and until you started to feel lousy and then tested positive? 

Wishing your daughter a very Happy Birthday 💐

My guess was that I got it at grandparent’s day at the school last Tuesday, or on the flight to California on Wednesday.  There was an awful lot of coughing and hacking going on from people in lines at the airport and on the plane.  Started having symptoms of a sore throat on Friday evening.  Tested Saturday and Sunday, and those were both negative.  The first positive test showed up Tuesday morning.

Of course, my granddaughter had symptoms show up the same time as mine, and she tested negative.   She had it in January, so maybe she still had some immunity, and her symptoms only lasted a couple days this time, so they didn’t retest her.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

My guess was that I got it at grandparent’s day at the school last Tuesday, or on the flight to California on Wednesday.  

Mark, thank you for your detailed reply. The reason I've asked is that we're, how should I call it, at the "money time" for our flight to Rome (10 days from today), and then cruise.... 

I've decided not to participate today in my HS group gathering [we haven't seen each other for months, thanks Omicron], and may be decide not to see our kids and grandkids Friday next week, so as not to catch "anything" along the way...

<Sigh>

• Like 14

9 hours ago, brillohead said:

I was gone for five weeks... I didn't even TRY to keep up while I was gone (you know what Explorer's wifi is like!).

So, how's the knee doing?  

It's doing ok. I have my good days and not so good days. The good news is that it out performs my other knee but I still get sore and stiff. Numbness and some swelling are still an issue. Thanks for caring.

6 hours ago, sgmn said:

I watched the first two episodes yesterday.  Good series but wish it was better lit. I find a lot of programmes these days seem to be really dark 

It looked a little dark to me but it was not unwatchable. A lot of films are being shot on digital cameras which can tolerate low light. Sometimes I think in an effort to keep the budget low they will do less lighting since lots of lights and crew gets very expensive.

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Thanks! I'm not quite sure how this info got out though.🤔

Glad our spies were on it. Happy OB day!

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Thanks! I'm not quite sure how this info got out though.🤔

Happy Birthday.  There are some here that just don't forget.  Once they let it out, we all join in! Have a great day!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

It's doing ok. I have my good days and not so good days. The good news is that it out performs my other knee but I still get sore and stiff. Numbness and some swelling are still an issue. Thanks for caring.

Better off than you were before still counts as a win!

Hopefully you still get incremental improvement as time goes on and things continue to heal and rebuild!

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Better off than you were before still counts as a win!

Hopefully you still get incremental improvement as time goes on and things continue to heal and rebuild!

Yes that's the key. I get a little impatient. In the end I will be a lot better off. One day at a time as they say.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Mark, thank you for your detailed reply. The reason I've asked is that we're, how should I call it, at the "money time" for our flight to Rome (10 days from today), and then cruise.... 

I've decided not to participate today in my HS group gathering [we haven't seen each other for months, thanks Omicron], and may be decide not to see our kids and grandkids Friday next week, so as not to catch "anything" along the way...

<Sigh>

I think that is the right choice.  My brother and sister in law are supposed to fly on Friday for a Scandinavia and Northern Europe cruise on Voyager and the person he had lunch with last Thursday is now testing positive.  They are now stressing out, waiting to see if they are going to have to cancel their vacation.  

If you have the ability to isolate, I think it is a smart move right now.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Those things really beat up your muscles. When I did it My arms and hand for sore for a day.

So happy to hear you are now able to go out. That's fantastic. Cheers to you!

Great story John. Sounds like you have a future professional photographer.

I hope you feel better Mark. I'm glad you have just mild symptoms.

I had a parakeet as a boy. His name was "Perky." He was blue and white and I would let him out of his cage in my room and he would fly around and land on my shoulder and nibble on my ear. Fun times.

It is hard to catch up. I was off for about 3 hours and when I came back it said there were 60 new posts on this thread.

Thanks,Greg.I have given myself the goal of getting to the outdoor pools in our development which is about 1/2 mile from our house.There will be an end of season pool party in August.I have not been there since 2015.

• Like 7

47 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

It looked a little dark to me but it was not unwatchable. A lot of films are being shot on digital cameras which can tolerate low light. Sometimes I think in an effort to keep the budget low they will do less lighting since lots of lights and crew gets very expensive.

The darkness may also be 4K related.  4K TV sets will appear darker than an HD TV set, especially if your 4K TV has an HDR setting.  I had this problem when I first watched Ozark in 4K a few years ago on my first 4K TV.  It was so dark that I had a hard time seeing what was happening.

Why Does 4K Look Dark? (hometheateracademy.com)

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I think that is the right choice.  My brother and sister in law are supposed to fly on Friday for a Scandinavia and Northern Europe cruise on Voyager and the person he had lunch with last Thursday is now testing positive.  They are now stressing out, waiting to see if they are going to have to cancel their vacation.  

If you have the ability to isolate, I think it is a smart move right now.

How are you feeling today?  Getting better I hope

• Like 2