Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

55 minutes ago, derorim said:

I love everyone's cat pictures celebrating International Cat Day.  Here's one of Marcel and the late Miss Priss when they were young and liked each other.  🙂  

image.thumb.jpeg.97d62388a1fd5cb7f06d50f4cef2baf5.jpeg

Plus a recent one of Marcel and his favorite thing... a cardboard scratching box.

image.thumb.jpeg.d9533a8bd7120cf0345257c75884d480.jpeg

Beautiful cats and Marcel loves the same thing my cats love.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I feel as though I have missed a lot on here this past week.   I have been in and out and mostly lurking as time permits.     

@dani negreanu    Happy to hear that you are safe and sound.    You were in my thoughts and prayers the last couple of days and will continue to be 🙏

I am not caught up for today on this thread but I was sure when I was on earlier we were still under the original name.     When did the name of the thread change?     Happy we are still under the RCL page and not somewhere else. 

We had a very busy weekend.   I went to my neighbors 90th Surprise birthday party at her grandson's house.    Boy was she surprised.    She was in tears.    So cute!    She looks amazing and gets around beautifully.    

Then Sunday I spent several hours in the garden and kitchen.    Made 6 or 7 gallon bags full of sauce from our Amish paste tomatoes.   Put them in the freezer in the garage to be used during the winter months.    Made some grilled and fried eggplant, squash and zucchini (also stored some in freezer using our FoodSaver vacuum sealer).    

Dried out and grinded some fresh herbs (rosemary, dill, thyme, basil, oregano and parsley) that I will store and use for winter too.    And of course, Catnip

Eric's Brother came over for dinner on the BBQ so I ran out and picked up some filet mignon and sea scallops.     Delicious!

@Ozark_Kid  How is your garden?    What happened with your cucumbers?   Mine have slowed down probably because of the heat wave but I still have lots of yellow flowers.    My bell peppers are not doing much this year   I have heard others complaining about their peppers too.   I wonder why?

Hey Debbie!  I can understand how hard it would be to keep up here.  It has been hard for me the last couple weeks.  

Good to here your Amish paste are doing well.  Is this your 1st year growing them?  What kind of sauce did you make. I have made a bunch of spaghetti and pizza sauce then seal with the chamber vac.  It is nice to be able to flatten the sauces out before freezing.   Saves a lot of space.  I tried something new last week.  Instead of skinning the tomatoes by boiling a minute then I water, I just cut out the hard stem area and blended them in the vitamix with the skin on.  A lot less work and clean up!  It worked great. 

Garden, first the bad.  Pole beans, peas cucumbers and cherry tomatoes did poor.  I picked only 6 pear cherry tomatoes and this evening I picked my only cucumber.
20220808_182342.thumb.jpg.e772a9b18970299680d044afdfb7b124.jpgMost of the peppers are doing good.  Remember they are self pollinators so tap like you do the tomatoes. 
Tomatoes are doing good.  About 280 so far.  They are growing so tall I have been zip tieing extention poles onto the cattle panel.  A big rain last week caused cracking.  To finish the season I planted more the last 2 weeks.  15 tomato, 8 zucchini, 10 Brussel sprouts, 24 bush bean and will do cucumbers again.

Zucchini 
20220808_182249.thumb.jpg.cb812e6fe0fbf2c10bde8e2d77c32711.jpg

Brussel sprout put out Saturday. 

20220808_182334.thumb.jpg.b756e4cc5d9786313172b9f4ba9d3ac2.jpg

Bush bean popping out of big rain today. 

20220808_182721.thumb.jpg.6bae0fcbc61c8519829a8dc2cabd60f1.jpg

• Like 9

43 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

It's International Cat Day? 

Very appropriate as in addition to helping my step daughter empty her storage unit in Houston & pack up the last of her belongings,  her friends have been watching this little guy for the past several months. Seems like he's coming back to NY with us so I will be co-owner or Grandpa of this fluff puff. 

Everyone,  meet Leonard aka Lenny, Poo-head and Little Stinky. I just call him Leonard. 

Leonard, meet Dani's thread.

20220805_130602.jpg

20220805_130608.jpg

Leonard has a great tail and I love his coloring.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

My, my, Leonard, what a big tail you have!  (What is the plan for the drive back home with him? 🙀)

Diana politely requested equal consideration.

445BC53D-26E9-42F1-AF73-70EE0356BF82.jpeg

What beautiful eyes she has!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Us too. There is something about coming out of your stateroom and then going directly into central park that is so cool. Makes me feel incredible everytime.

That is what I like about it.  Also nice to be close to the restaurants.  Also if the elevators are slow it's not that bad taking the stairs. Nice central location. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Wow.  He doesn't look 15 and he is very handsome!

He is a big boy was 22 lbs but now at 18, he might gain some sight back since his only exercise was chasing his sister round the house , luckily he could not catch her at least most of the time. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, George C said:

He is a big boy was 22 lbs but now at 18, he might gain some sight back since his only exercise was chasing his sister round the house , luckily he could not catch her at least most of the time. 

George, how well is Joebob adjusting since you lost Gracie recently?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Luckynana said:

The work is still not done.  Getting there, slowly but surely.  The problem is that they rarely show up.  They were here Friday morning, but not for very long.  They went for lunch, and were gone for hours (literally).   Work ethic is not what we're used to...

With the exception of a couple, that is the problem we have had. It took literally 3 months for the deck to be completed and 10 months for the kitchen. No one seems to understand what a slloowww process this is. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 3

4 hours ago, helen haywood said:

What is the plan for the drive back home with him? 🙀)

Well, we are going to start him off in a pet carrier, which he seems to tolerate very well. He's a great, little trooper. 

But it's close to a 26 hour drive - figure 30 with gas & rest room breaks. Going to split it up as 3 10-hour days. Probably after the first hour or two, my stepdaughter will let him out & sit in the back seat with him. Probably switch back and forth for a bit.

Having never traveled long distance with a pet, we are open to suggestions. 

We were supposed to leave today but a few unforseen delays push us back. Plan it to hit the road tomorrow morning. 

• Like 1

That is so funny @Sea Dog. You mentioned something about check in for your September cruise. And I was like, "Oh!" . I wonder when ours is? So, thanks. It is tomorrow. :classic_ohmy:I would have totally blown it off without the reminder. :classic_smile:I'm not getting as excited about cruising as I used to. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I would love to do some cruises that long.

It started out doing B2B to save on airfare, and then I started "bundling" up to five cruises together.  This batch of nine will be my longest so far.  

People say, "don't you get bored going to the same places over and over again?" but when you're going to a beautiful tropical beach destination, what is there to get bored of?  I love the water, I love snorkeling, and I cover up with a rash guard and swim leggings to keep from burning off my redhead-pale skin, so I'm in paradise.

And for people who complain that the menus are the same each week... so what?  Most of us just eat the same menus at home, or order the same couple of entrees when we eat in a land restaurant.  I do mix-and-match my sides and my entrees in the MDR, so that adds some variety. I really can't complain about eating beef tenderloin, scallops, Asian pork tacos, Iceberg wedge salad, etc., every week!

7 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Are you volunteering to be her sugar daddy? 😁

Bahahahahaha!  Pretty sure he's placing bets in Vegas for how many random emails he's going to get from me in the middle of the night that say, "book room XXXX on ship ZotS for MMDDYYYY and charge to the usual credit card"!!!

• Like 7

10 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Just heard the sad news that 

Olivia Newton John has died.

So sad.

Singing up a storm in Heaven with Judith Durham, another Melbourne golden singer who has recently passed , RIP both 🙏 

The Carnival Is Over .....

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

I am. Raygun's exit was dull.

6 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Raygun took that much more low keyed than any previous firings.

Every time I see y'all post that name, all I can think of is Marvin the Martian saying "“Brace yourself for immediate disintegration.”

1797984201_41lKNY0v0L._AC_SY355_.jpg.47cfa02fddd2d893252742c84ff25fb8.jpg

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Will he be able to cruise when sleeping like this? Sounds like he isn't making as much progress as you both thought by this time? Was thinking by this time he could sleep through the night. What would happen now if he can't go do you have cancel for any reason insurance? or would just regular cruise insurance cover this?

Pretty sure you can order a recliner to be delivered to your stateroom.