Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

7 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Will he be able to cruise when sleeping like this? Sounds like he isn't making as much progress as you both thought by this time? Was thinking by this time he could sleep through the night. What would happen now if he can't go do you have cancel for any reason insurance? or would just regular cruise insurance cover this?

The break of his sacrum happened almost 4 weeks ago.  Doc said 6 to 8 weeks for bone to heal. 

His biggest problem has been laying in a flat position in bed and getting up.   Sleeping in recliner makes it much easier to get up.   That has been improving and I am hoping if he can get some PT in before the cruise that will help.   

No plans of cancelling the cruise.   The cruise gives him a goal to get moving!

We have a JS and I am thinking of renting him a scooter incase walking the ship is too much for him.   He tells me No, he doesn't want one but I may go ahead and order to have in room just incase.   

• Like 8

Good morning, a news brief fir all you BelowDeck fans. 
I am not a watcher but saw this on Lancaster Pa news app. 
Ben Robinson will be appearing at the TASTE LANCASTER food festival on Nov 11-12 . Tickets are on sale now thru Eventbrite. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Can't find a good pic of Kylar. Here is Drave.

IMG_8333.thumb.jpg.c0ae909e13f857244ed20f7fcda3dabe.jpg

Many of you have seen Kylar in the slap fight video between him and Charlie.

I love Drave's face.  Great video of Kylar and Charlie.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Well, we are going to start him off in a pet carrier, which he seems to tolerate very well. He's a great, little trooper. 

But it's close to a 26 hour drive - figure 30 with gas & rest room breaks. Going to split it up as 3 10-hour days. Probably after the first hour or two, my stepdaughter will let him out & sit in the back seat with him. Probably switch back and forth for a bit.

Having never traveled long distance with a pet, we are open to suggestions. 

We were supposed to leave today but a few unforseen delays push us back. Plan it to hit the road tomorrow morning. 

Don't be surprised if the cat doesn't want to eat, drink or use the potty box while the car is moving.  We have done several long trips with different cats including the 12+ hour drive with 7 cats and 2 dogs when we moved.  Have a towel or small blanket in the carrier with the cat.  If the cat will sit with your stepdaughter that would be the best.  Offer water and maybe have a litter box available.  It really depends on the cat.  Some love to travel and are fine and others are not happy the entire time.  When you stop for the evenings have familiar toys, bedding and quiet time for him to destress.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

@HBE4  I have only done a two hour drive with a cat once.  It seemed MUCH longer.  The thing I remember about the trip is when we got to our new home our cat, Tidbit, dove under a bed and stayed there for three days!  I put food and water and the litter box in the room with her.  She didn’t eat any food and didn’t use the litter box.  It’s possible she drank a sip or two of water…. I was on the verge of taking her to the vet when she emerged and was her usual self.

I remembered my mother telling me that some tribes believed your soul couldn’t travel very fast and sometimes you needed to sit down and wait for it to catch up.  So on the third day her soul must have finally caught up.

I wish you luck.  Seems like a great cool cat.  All will be well in the end.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I flew cross country with my cat under the seat it front of me. Longest and most miserable 5 hours of our lives. I'm sure the other passengers agreed as she screeched and howled the entire time.

Last Sunday we drove our daughters cats back to her after 3 weeks of babysitting and they did well. They were very happy to see their mom and their new big sister. My daughter was away training with her new facility/service dog that will work with her in a children's hospital. 

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, Keksie said:

That is a great picture.  Are they siblings?

Yes.  I call them my twins.  lol  Lulu Delilha on the left, Ned Mulligan on the right.
She's FAT and he's thin.    
I was just thinking last night, how the heck am I going to move them when I relocate in a year or two.  hmmm

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Coralc said:

That is so funny @Sea Dog. You mentioned something about check in for your September cruise. And I was like, "Oh!" . I wonder when ours is? So, thanks. It is tomorrow. :classic_ohmy:I would have totally blown it off without the reminder. :classic_smile:I'm not getting as excited about cruising as I used to. 

I will bet that once you see that ship your excitement will be through the roof. I know with experience of cruising the process does not seem as exciting as it first was but still once aboard I'm like a kid at Christmas.

6 hours ago, brillohead said:

People say, "don't you get bored going to the same places over and over again?" but when you're going to a beautiful tropical beach destination, what is there to get bored of?  I love the water, I love snorkeling, and I cover up with a rash guard and swim leggings to keep from burning off my redhead-pale skin, so I'm in paradise.

And for people who complain that the menus are the same each week... so what?  Most of us just eat the same menus at home, or order the same couple of entrees when we eat in a land restaurant.  I do mix-and-match my sides and my entrees in the MDR, so that adds some variety. I really can't complain about eating beef tenderloin, scallops, Asian pork tacos, Iceberg wedge salad, etc., every week!

I totally agree. The fact that I'm on a ship in the ocean is so much more exciting than being at home. I could never get bored of a beautiful beach. And quite frankly any food on the ship has more variety than what I eat at home.

4 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

@Sea DogI may have violated a couple rules to get these for you.  Silver Moon

Winner Winner!! Thanks for risking to get the beloved shot. Have a great cruise!!

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

The break of his sacrum happened almost 4 weeks ago.  Doc said 6 to 8 weeks for bone to heal. 

His biggest problem has been laying in a flat position in bed and getting up.   Sleeping in recliner makes it much easier to get up.   That has been improving and I am hoping if he can get some PT in before the cruise that will help.   

No plans of cancelling the cruise.   The cruise gives him a goal to get moving!

We have a JS and I am thinking of renting him a scooter incase walking the ship is too much for him.   He tells me No, he doesn't want one but I may go ahead and order to have in room just incase.   

Right about that goal to get moving! From what you describe I am sure he will be fine. What is it they say? Salt water and sea air cures everything?????😁🥰

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

Don't be surprised if the cat doesn't want to eat, drink or use the potty box while the car is moving.  We have done several long trips with different cats including the 12+ hour drive with 7 cats and 2 dogs when we moved.  Have a towel or small blanket in the carrier with the cat.  If the cat will sit with your stepdaughter that would be the best.  Offer water and maybe have a litter box available.  It really depends on the cat.  Some love to travel and are fine and others are not happy the entire time.  When you stop for the evenings have familiar toys, bedding and quiet time for him to destress.

When we moved from NJ to VA a year and half ago we used one of these. Our 4 cats traveled in style, in a large cage that sat in the middle of the RV. Had a litter box, food and water. The whole 10 hour trip all 4 cats never used the liter box or food and water in the cage. They just sat quietly on their pillows and blankets.

Few days later we had our vehicles shipped to our new house.

CruiseAmerica.com for the RV

Front view of standard RV, showing side with door.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 9