Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We headed to the beach earlier. 

image.thumb.png.cc37d5cd96435f479f63c85fc78a69a4.png

I like this mat that extended from the bridge. 

image.thumb.png.2fcac0f38bdded688729113f4423fc87.png

It was not crowded at all.   The sand here stays compact.   The plus side it that it's easy to walk on.

image.thumb.png.98f19d6edee2a1701ea741859fd9ced3.png

I couldn't see my screen so I took the above pic and hoped it was OK.  Nice thing is I was not looking at a screen very long today.

While out in the ocean we came across a bunch of very big sand dollars and some star fish.  After time in the ocean we went to the pool.  After the pool we spent a little time in the hot tub.  Later we are going to see if we can see some dolphins swimming around. 

Looks like perfect weather.  Enjoy🥰

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Lionesss said:

On a lighter note:

We will be visiting the DD and SIL this weekend and going to the Miami game (go redhawks).

She is 25 weeks pregnant and the emotions are hitting.

The SIL is very busy with football season here, and she is getting quite overwhelmed and thinking to much about the baby to be in December.

All of her friends live far from their and social media alone is not enough, so we will go down and spend time with her.

We did a Boscos' run for her on Maternity clothes.

In stores today so few carry clothes for a growing belly except Target and Boscos'

Everything else is on line and she returns more than she uses, just does not like them.

Well I knew I would make her happy because I was actually impressed with what I found and I know she will be happy.  Great business casual for work and also bumming around clothes.

Boscos has a return policy that as long as you have the receipt and tags are on they will refund the money if you do not like.  So I did a "mom" run.

Also, when she told us she was pregnant this past April, she was so excited and we were not allowed to share the great news till she was 12 weeks pregnant, well, we waited, it was hard but we did it.

At that 12 week mark and every week there after I mailed her a "mom to be cards"  I found this cards at almost every store, from Wal Mart, to Target, to Dollar General, Dollar tree, Hallmark, Publix.

They are hard to find, you just got to look for them.

In them, I write some encouraging comments and sneak in a gift card a little "mad" money.

I mail them and she gets them on Thursday of each week.

But, this week, no card.........................Parental units visit...............take shopping...........refill their shelves and freezers.

Her company has the worst health insurance coverage I have ever seen, and deductibles and co-pays are astronomical.  They are surviving and not asking for help.  But  life is too short and we at this time can help, so we do.

When we go shopping, they are not greedy, and buy what they can eat in the healthy mode.

Chicken, veggies, meats, milk eggs, they make excellent choices.

She had a second cart and put in their the dog food for the two German shepherds, she said you will not pay for our pets...........................lol. we said yes..............their our grand pups.

Ok, gotta get ready to go shopping 

Wish me a safe outing

I remember taking my daughter to one of the only maternity stores around during her 1st pregnancy, it is definitely a different experience than what I had 30+  years ago.  Enjoy, it only comes around once.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Today is Toby’s birthday.We will be celebrating this coming Sunday.

A happy and healthy birthday to Toby.

4 hours ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

@Lionesss, I worked for Boscov’s for almost 40 years in their PA headquarters. The company always had a very liberal return policy, including merchandise with tags on from other stores😎

We had a Boscov's in NY.  I remember they had a great candy department.  Their chocolate covered potato chips still sticks in my mind. I remember buying a down jacket which I wore approx. 8 times since we moved to TX in 2003.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

A happy and healthy birthday to Toby.

We had a Boscov's in NY.  I remember they had a great candy department.  Their chocolate covered potato chips still sticks in my mind. I remember buying a down jacket which I wore approx. 8 times since we moved to TX in 2003.

Thank you,Bonnie

4 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Just finished watching BD DU.   Oh Ryan and Magda are double trouble.   Aesha has been way to easy going with Magda.  Time to put her to work and time to get a new Chef.

The only thing saving the chef is a lack of a replacement. However, I hope the captain finds one as I want to see Ryan's reaction to being fired. He is so disrespectful. 

• Like 3

Oh my gosh. It is so horribly hot here. I haven't been in the house much. This is day 4 of 100+ F. degrees, and it has been running 88-90 F. inside, even with the ceiling fans going full speed. Everything is melting. 

I went to put some cortisone ointment on a mosquito bite, and it was all liquid inside the tube. It is supposed to be a few more days of this. It doesn't even cool off at night, like it usually does. We are just worn out, limp from the heat. :classic_sad:

• Like 9

When I lived in Texas in 2011, we had 90 days of 100+ weather and no rain.  We just stayed in with the air conditioning and fans going.  I lost a lot of plants that summer.  Labor Day weekend we had a fire that burned 1600 homes.  Labor Day weekend there was a big fire on the other side of town.  My husband's mother was supposed to come visit but had fallen in the airport on the way down and broke her hip.  One of my knitting friends, her husband, 5 dogs and 3 cats had to evacuate to my house since her house was in the path of the fire.  The house was super clean and there was a lot of food prepared because of his mother's visit so it worked out well.  I had 5 cats and 2 dogs at the time and we made it work.  They were at my house for 11 days because although her home survived the fire the power had been cut to her area.  Now she is my best friend.

We have the same birthday (different year).  Both our sons moved to this area of Florida for different reasons and at different times.  She moved to Missouri for a while and has now moved 45 minutes away from me.  

• Like 7

37 minutes ago, Keksie said:

When I lived in Texas in 2011, we had 90 days of 100+ weather and no rain.  We just stayed in with the air conditioning and fans going.  I lost a lot of plants that summer.  Labor Day weekend we had a fire that burned 1600 homes.  Labor Day weekend there was a big fire on the other side of town.  My husband's mother was supposed to come visit but had fallen in the airport on the way down and broke her hip.  One of my knitting friends, her husband, 5 dogs and 3 cats had to evacuate to my house since her house was in the path of the fire.  The house was super clean and there was a lot of food prepared because of his mother's visit so it worked out well.  I had 5 cats and 2 dogs at the time and we made it work.  They were at my house for 11 days because although her home survived the fire the power had been cut to her area.  Now she is my best friend.

We have the same birthday (different year).  Both our sons moved to this area of Florida for different reasons and at different times.  She moved to Missouri for a while and has now moved 45 minutes away from me.  

Okay, I'm whiney. LOL. :classic_biggrin: And we have some familiarity with wildfires. We don't have air conditioning, usually we have fog. :classic_biggrin:

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Okay, I'm whiney. LOL. :classic_biggrin: And we have some familiarity with wildfires. We don't have air conditioning, usually we have fog. :classic_biggrin:

That heat would be tough without air conditioning.  Hoping for cool weather coming soon for you.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Hey, I think you know me enough to know that cruise stories would not be shared.....

So which one of us will do the live review..... 😆 

You and I might not be sharing the stories, but the rest of the passengers on the ship will likely be telling the tales for years!!!!

• Haha 8

6 minutes ago, Keksie said:

That heat would be tough without air conditioning.  Hoping for cool weather coming soon for you.

Interesting story @Keksie with all the pets! I'm glad your friend's house was spared. And that is too bad about your MIL. 

I just had a thought. I wonder what happens when you already have hip replacements. And then you have a fall. I wonder if you can still break your hip? Probably just your femur or something. :classic_huh:

16 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Yesterday morning, after more than 9 months, my friends from HS and me met again.

It was so hot outside, we sat in the airconditioned dining room... more than 5.5 hours of stories and keeping up 🙂

image.thumb.jpeg.b61333649bf1966084880280eb2b32b0.jpeg

Lovely photo Dani.

I'm delighted for you and your HS friends that you were able to meet up again.

Graham.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Luckynana said:

How is your daughter feeling?🙏💕

She had a few really bad days, with constant headaches and being extremely tired after treatment for a few days.   We have been with her, every day, all day through the weekdays to help in any way we can.

Maybe now that she knows what to expect, it will help.  It will start again on Monday.  

Thanks for asking.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Coralc said:

Oh my gosh. It is so horribly hot here. I haven't been in the house much. This is day 4 of 100+ F. degrees, and it has been running 88-90 F. inside, even with the ceiling fans going full speed. Everything is melting. 

I went to put some cortisone ointment on a mosquito bite, and it was all liquid inside the tube. It is supposed to be a few more days of this. It doesn't even cool off at night, like it usually does. We are just worn out, limp from the heat. :classic_sad:

Just talked to my son and grandson, and they said it had hit 113°.  Grandson said he was glad his school had air conditioning, and my son said he was enjoying his office air conditioning.  They had all their fans running in their house too.

Since he has a charger in his garage, he said is is able to charge his car after midnight.  I had asked, because I had heard your governor was asking people to not charge their EVs.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

She had a few really bad days, with constant headaches and being extremely tired after treatment for a few days.   We have been with her, every day, all day through the weekdays to help in any way we can.

Maybe now that she knows what to expect, it will help.  It will start again on Monday.  

Thanks for asking.

Sending our best wishes for your dear daughters recovery Mark.

Graham.

• Like 5

17 hours ago, StanleyandGus said:

How much maternity leave will she get? 

Because of some sort of government act...........The family leave act, (Cannot remember the name of it) and the number of employees her company has.

She is entitled to a total of 12 weeks off.

But.

You have to rely on your own disability insurance for pay.

Um, she did not read that part of her employee manual.  (She will only have a few months over  one year of service with this company, since they moved up from Kentucky after she was married). Only has "sick" days, which are few in numbers.

They have been trying to save, but things get in the way.

Like food, gas, bills, rent insurance.............. co-pays.

They did go to Alaska in the spring but that was paid for last year when they found a great deal for that week. And they were not expecting at that time.

They are trying so hard.

I will not enable them, but we have to help them survive.

They do not ask, or expect us to help, but helping is what we do.

A year ago, I witnessed an act of kindness in Kentucky that opened my eyes to sharing.

A Homeless man was standing at a corner with a sign,          " I do not ask for  much, but if you can find a way to provide me with food  and water I will greatly appreciate it".

The car in front of us at the redlight opened her window and handed him a bag of carry out and water from Chick Filet.  He was very greatful.

She did not know the man, she had out of town license plates like us.

She gave not knowing his circumstances.

But she gave.

Since then I randomly and on occasion help those in need.  At least every few months if I am behind someone at the grocery store and will pay ahead.  I just hope if I ever need help, someone will help me.

LOL, once I paid for a nuns order, man, she told me she would pray for me!

I remember when I was pregnant, (after 2 miscarriages),  how your mind always is thinking and planning ahead.

I want her to enjoy this time and have one less thing to worry about.

Oh, she did share how much she has been able to start saving for when the baby is born, by our small act of sharing.

Thanks for listening.

• Like 15

Happy birthday to Toby (Belated).

Last night was the first night since we came home from our cruise on August 14th. that we slept with the air off and the windows open.

Had it not been for the chorus of sounds like crickets and things that go bump in the night I would have gotten a better night sleep, but I did sleep.

Today house cleaning and bonding with Lizzy.

She has become a talented young lady with the best hiding spots.

Be safe

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

Just wondering if anyone knows an answer to this:  I just created this thread but suspect that I'll have to come up with my own spreadsheet of some sort. Sad that so much is being tailored to only accessing info on a device rather than a printer friendly version. 

I prefer printouts because I like everything on one or two pages that I can see all at once.  Phone screens are just not big enough.  I use excel to create spreadsheets for vacations and for packing lists. 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Keksie said:

I use excel to create spreadsheets

I agree with you!  An overview is nice to have. I was just thinking that a spreadsheet is the next best option. Macbook has "Numbers" application - probably similar to Excel's program. Nothing fancy but it'll serve. 

Edited by OnTheJourney
  • Like 2