Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Pauline was deleting lots of fun meme's from her phone but loved this one and forwarded it to me.

I hope everyone enjoys it.

Geez - lots of hospital visits followed those videos…

My brother was telling me his FIL has been banned by his family from using the chainsaw.  He managed to nick his leg with chainsaw.  He hid his sliced & bloody pants in the bottom of the washing hamper.  Didn’t say anything to anyone and then later after dinner, calmly said to his wife, I think you better drive me to the hospital 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, MJSailors said:

@Jimbo  We did a kitchen and family room redo in 2009. Can’ t believe it was that many years ago. It was,and can be,a tremendous undertaking. However,we are still pleased  the redo and plan not to go through it again. 

We also did a redo in a Florida condo in 2013, but instead of new cabinets, we had the existing ones refaced by Home Depot. We were pleased with that job was it was finally done .

Doing  home renovations at this time with supply chain shortages, inflated  prices and lack of skilled labor must be extra challenging.

I do have a question. How are you and your wife dealing with meals? 

The redo at home took over a month.I set up a “kitchen” in our living room with coffee maker,toaster and microwave . We did a combination of take out, bbq, going out for dinner and friends’ invitations to their homes for dinner to get by.

We used paper plates and plastic utensils. One good thing was that our contractor set up the kitchen sink for us to use during most of the redo. I heard stories of people washing dishes in the bathtub.

Wishing you continued good luck for the job ahead. A major home redo requires a lot of patience,a good sense of humor and a full wallet.

MJ🙋🏻

I was so excited at the thought of not cooking while our kitchen was being renovated but after a few weeks we all wanted home cooked meals. Our kitchen had been completely gutted so any cooking was done on the grill, an old college microwave or hot plate but we had no way to wash dishes except in the tub. Any food in the bathroom grosses me out so I sent my kids outside to prewash with the hose. They were appalled.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

42 minutes ago, ownedbypets said:

I was so excited at the thought of not cooking while our kitchen was being renovated but after a few weeks we all wanted home cooked meals. Our kitchen had been completely gutted so any cooking was done on the grill, an old college microwave or hot plate but we had no way to wash dishes except in the tub. Any food in the bathroom grosses me out so I sent my kids outside to prewash with the hose. They were appalled.

Practical solution I think

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Yes and we loved it. We might do Paradise next time just to say we did it but the vibe at Nachi was incredible so laid back.

A friend went to Paradise Beach with me last year, and she said she liked it better than Nachi.  I haven't done Nachi, so can't compare. Not sure what exactly it was that tipped her in favor of PB over NC.

I don't think Paradise Beach is doing pay-as-you-go at all anymore.  I don't see it on their website as an option like it used to be.  

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

So what color is it in cruise ship light.  It will give me an idea what color to look for in January.  

Frizzy and reddish. 

Like the little girl in the Peanuts comics, I have "naturally curly hair" and in the humidity of the Caribbean, it gets even curlier! 

Unlike the Peanuts character, my hair reaches to my waist, so I usually have it pulled back away from my face so it doesn't smother me.  And on the pool deck, I have it in a ponytail so it doesn't attack anyone in adjacent loungers.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I have never been in a Starbucks. I am way to frugal (cheap) to spend that amount of money on a cup of coffee. I can get it for a dollar at McDonald's and I agree with @HBE4 that it is good. Even better is I can get it at the hospital for free and I think that is a very good price.🙂

Prior to my new job, for 25+ years in the mortgage biz and reviewing bank statements for young couples that want to buy a home and see all the frivolous spending on daily trips to Starbucks, fast food, constant purchases on amazon, phones, streaming, cable tv, etc etc) it makes me realize how frugal (Cheap) I am!    But hey if that gets me on more cruises, I'll keep doing it😁

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Today is our granddaughter Ava Jude's 17th Birthday.   She began her day by taking her Road Test this morning, and getting her License!!!!  Great Birthday present.

We were supposed to go to Ava's Field Hockey game this evening, but due to the rain this afternoon, I'm not expecting the game to still be scheduled for 5pm.  We knew that Ava is the Captain of her Field Hockey team, but we didn't realize that she is also the Captain of her LaCroix (sp?) team also.  I guess our daughter thought she'd told us already...🤔

Happy birthday to your granddaughter 🎂🎂🎈🎈

• Thanks 1

Today is our granddaughter Ava Jude's 17th Birthday.   She began her day by taking her Road Test this morning, and getting her License!!!!  Great Birthday present.

We were supposed to go to Ava's Field Hockey game this evening, but due to the rain this afternoon, I'm not expecting the game to still be scheduled for 5pm.  We knew that Ava is the Captain of her Field Hockey team, but we didn't realize that she is also the Captain of her LaCroix (sp?) team also.  I guess our daughter thought she'd told us already...🤔

Happy birthday to Ava.Congratulations on her getting her drivers license and being Captain of her school athletic teams.

• Thanks 1

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO AVA and Congratuations on getting her license.   She sounds like an amazing young woman.   ❤️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Speaking of sandwiches, is Quizno's still in business? I haven't seen one in ages. Used to like them as well.

There is one in Huntsville Alabama.   I like them too.  If we are visiting for a week I usually try one.  The BIL and I have gotten on a sushi kick the last couple times we visited.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Mowed my lawn for the first time in almost 6 weeks yesterday. After this morning slow & steady drenching rain, I'll probably need to do it again this weekend. Good thing the gas didn't go stale.

One and probably only good thing with such a dry season is not having to use as much gas while prices are so high.

• Like 3

My mom had beautiful red hair. All her antecedents were from Ireland (she reminded us of this fact as the rest of us - her husband and children - were mixed breed Americans - ha).  I had/have strawberry blonde hair and 8 million freckles.  I am one of six siblings with various shades of blonde, red, and brown hair ... not to mention some of the six with blue eyes, some with brown eyes, and one with hazel eyes.  Life is good. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Geez - lots of hospital visits followed those videos…

My brother was telling me his FIL has been banned by his family from using the chainsaw.  He managed to nick his leg with chainsaw.  He hid his sliced & bloody pants in the bottom of the washing hamper.  Didn’t say anything to anyone and then later after dinner, calmly said to his wife, I think you better drive me to the hospital 

Good Lord!!

51 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Lacrosse.  Lots of ice hockey players also play lacrosse.  

Thank you .lol. I had a brain "fart" before. ..or a sr moment..

22 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Happy birthday to your granddaughter 🎂🎂🎈🎈

Thank you, Mark.  Our grandchildren share the same birthday!

22 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Happy birthday to Ava.Congratulations on her getting her drivers license and being Captain of her school athletic teams.

Thanks Lenny!

21 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO AVA and Congratuations on getting her license.   She sounds like an amazing young woman.   ❤️

Thank you, Debbie.  She really is.  Thank you for your kind words.  (Always)

• Like 3

5 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Keep the updates coming. I live vicariously thru other peoples home renovations.

Will do !

5 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Well, I don’t read most of them, but then I don’t read most of the posts, because page after page occurs between my visits, but I find them less painful than some others to read.  I would never tell anyone not to post.  Ever.  

JC

I  will have to @xpcdoojk alert you then every time I post so you don't miss any then.......🤣

5 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

No need to stop with the updates, anyone who doesn't like them can just scroll through them.

True !

4 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I did. Judge had a couple of thrilling hits but nothing that left the park. Still, the crowd atmosphere was electric.

My brother has a partial season plan (20 games) & he almost always invites me. Free ticket for me but I buy most of the food & beverages so he's making out on this deal.  With Metro-North having a train station at the new stadium, it makes getting in and out a breeze...and cheaper than the $45 they charge to park. 

Our next and last game in this Sunday. Finger-crossed I  get to see a piece of history in person.

With prices like that for parking, they are really wanting people to take the train I guess, I would think though parking is limited when the ball park is right in the city like Yankee Stadium is.

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Already looks so much better being opened up.    This will look great when done.    What is their expected timeline to have the project complete?   Sorry if you said and I missed it.

Timeline looks like this, Cabinets delivered 2nd week of October.......1 week to install, rough electrical and  rough plumbing should be done before then.

Fireplace and bricks on wall, probably last week of October or 1st week of November...........painting should be done by then too. Brick Pavers will be the last thing done.

Hoping everything will be done by the end of the second week of November if not hoping before Thanksgiving at the latest.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

For those of you who own Subaru Outbacks - info you will never need to know - 3 girls can comfortably sleep in one overnight  - if a storm comes through whilst camping and the tent floods…

Outback’s are nice my wife bought one last year , we were going to put down a large down payment, but they offered zero percent interest so down payment wasn’t that big , 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, mo&fran said:

I've never developed a taste for coffee. Listening to you guys makes me happy I didn't.

My FIL used to visit , and he started a pot every morning, and it did smell good. Not enough to try it.

I did develop a taste for liquor. 

I'm with you.   When young I tried to like it for the caffeine.   While trying to develop a taste, it would burn me.  I thought why keep trying.  I do like the smell of good coffee.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@Jimbo -- we were there right from the beginning, we'll stick until the very end 👍

Yup. I find it interesting.

BTW, my eyes glaze over more when my husband talks about "stuff" he does to the fleet vans at work. He's been there for years. So far the only technical term I've retained is "stuff." I can relate to renos.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2